4agze pistons are not forged

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
They are not forged piston. They are cast pistons, made out of a better cast material call hyperutectics. Normal pistons are made out of Utectics.

The piston on the bottom left is cast, which you can see they look the same as the 4agze pistons.

The pistons on the top right hand is forged.

d3ftones

Known Member
Mar 18, 2004
peejay
there are versions of 4agze..which one do u refer as each version have different spec synchron?.i believe u've read sumwhere in other toyota forum if im not mistaken..try google your search Ash

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
All version of 4agze is not forged, I m sure of that. I have seen these Toyota pistons:- 4agze AFM, MAP, 4age, 16V, 20v, 3sgte, 1jz,2jz and 1uzfe, 7MGTE brand new and old from Toyota and I m sure that they are not forged.

Toyota produce strong pistons but they are not forged. Dunno where you guys got the idea that the Toyota pistons are forged!

AshXT

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
d3ftones said:
there are versions of 4agze..which one do u refer as each version have different spec synchron?.i believe u've read sumwhere in other toyota forum if im not mistaken..try google your search Ash
Yup I did mine but still in a mist, in fact, I got the "rumour" from here, then I google and it gave me tons of toyota forums as result > _ < "

First, I got this (eventhough it isn't official lar...)
http://www.club4ag.com/faq and tech_pages/4A-GZE_specs.htm

Then I got this, a quite thoroughly written up article:
http://www.billzilla.org/4agstock2.htm

A metallurgist (?) from toymods.org gave it an analysis...
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&th=22256
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&th=21591
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&th=30043

errrr...........

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Did not see that they are written forged other than Bill's Website!

All of our pistons have ribs at the back of the pistons which shows that they are cast piston type. Pls refer to the pictures on my first posting!

Refer to this website and they will tell you about cast and forged pistons.

http://kb-silvolite.com/article.php?action=read&A_id=2

Will try and get picture on our stock toyota piston tomorrow!

AshXT

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
Yeap there're, if you read carefully

OK thanks as I'm xtremely curious at it

Last edited:

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Still just claims! dunno what happen to the test results.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i never tot they were forgies, i know they r ceramic coated. where did u hear the 4agzes' psitons r forged? if dats true, den nobody have to order those expensive aftermarket pistons ya? according to size of course :)

AshXT

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
synchron said:
Still just claims! dunno what happen to the test results.
Got lah... :mouth_closed:

Re: Forged oversize pistons for 4agze Fri, 27 February 2004 15:57

who told you?

remember the 4AGZE broken piston analysis thread i started? i cut up broken low and high compression 4AGZE pistons. they are both forged and coated.
a brand new 4AGZE high compression piston (0.50 OS) was purchased fro me to cut up and analyse as well... although i have not had a chance to do that as yet, i am 99.9999999% certain that it is forged as well....

standard Toyota 4AGE pistons are forged.
it appears that oversize Toyota 4AGZE pistons are also forged.
they are too cheap i think this is only because of the manufacturing numbers toyota has, as opposed to aftermarket piston suppliers. i do not believe they are any lesser in quality. and for about $100 each, they are a bargain.

Cya, Stewart

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Did not know how they analyze it and also there is no hard copy proof that they are forged. Like what i said, it was just claim.

If you want to know if the 4agze piston are forged or not, you need to get a piece of it and compare them with stock 4age pistons and also Mazda B8 210HP piston. Mazda B8 210 HP looks the same as the 4agze piston but they have written HI-cast on the piston. Mazda B8 and the 4agze piston has the same RIB designs.

As far material, i do not know how to analyze them! Coating on the 4agze piston can be remove by drowning the piston over night with industrial washing chemical. After the coating is being remove, it will look like the 4age 16v piston.

Cant have a forged piston with so many joinning lines like cast piston! Forged piston are machine out from a billet, so there wont be any joinning ribs or lines on the pistons.

KL3873Q

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
Ben,
Forged or non forged i don't care all i know this is the only oem piston that will last 35psi boost pressure and still survive as proven by a lot of fast Saban 4agte and also this is the piston which mivec turbo modification will use so why bother to get forged piston which cause a bomb. if the engine give way because of the piston, a second hand 4agze will still cost less than the forged piston.

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Agree with you totally with the 4agze piston can with stand 35 psi of boost.

Still the point now is that, are they forged or cast?

Many years back people were thinking that they were semi forged. Until this few year people are thinking that they are forged.

AshXT

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
Can't agree with it more

Ermm... 1 more, a bit off topic one....

What about 4AGZE's conrod & crank? Are they similiar to its piston? Cause there're rumours about conrod & crankshaft from later version of 4AGZE (AE101) are forged -_-"

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros,i just put semi lock lsd in my gb and having prob to find drive shaft left & right.
Any ideas from what kinds of drive shaft i can use similar with E3 semi lsd drive shaft.Tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience