4AGE TVIS engine smoking

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Buds,

Need some info on the following.

My 4AGE TVIS which has been ported and balance started having this issue. It smokes when the car heats up. Under normal driving circumstances, it is fine however after 5 min of wacking, there will be a sudden gush of white smoke from the exhaust and this will normally foul up the plugs. The car will then sound like it is running on three cyld. The normal quick fix is for me to change the plug then evething is fine. however after another 5 min of wacking, the plugs will foul again.

Open up the head and did an inspection. No noticeble ware on the piston rings, main bearings or sleeves. There is however very light oil in the intake manifold but manifold 4 has the most. This is the location where the plug is fouled with oil .

I guess this would probaby mean gas blowback. Any idea if this can be caused by hairline cracks on the sleeves? Kinda hard to see with the naked eyes.

Comments please.

Thx

azuaneman

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Melaka Kelantan
azuan85.fotopages.com
My car also smoking at the beginning START the engine, but it just 1-3 sec only, white smoke. I already ask a few of my friends, some said valve/head. Currently don't have time to go and check since $$$

But as always, every start-up (when engine cool), the will be a "wap" flowing out thru the exhaust, and became like a smoke :)

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
if smoke run out from ur car ......sure something happening edi ....

white smoke = most likely need to change the valve seal ....:nurse:
blue / black smoke = piston or piston ring .....finish la ...sure makan minyak hitam edi .....LOLz ...:bawling:
Moisture smoke ( while start at morning ) = air n fuel mixture is nice ....hehe ....engine normally is in good condition la ....:biggrin:

juz my 2 cent la ...

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
All

Thx for the quick reply.

It is not only smoke in the morning. There is normally no smoke at all. Only after hard driving for 5 min then there is the blow back sensation and the car will be smoking really bad. It just white smoke. Like I said earlier, only piston 4's plug is the one that is most fouled with oil. Change plug ok tilll I wack it again.....aiyoh..kepala pening.

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Bud

Yeah thanks.

Freaking pokkai already. This car is really a black hole man. After all the money spent, better to just buy an old satia and convert to RWD. Cheaper and faster . Crap!! heeeh

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
he mentioned balanced engine.... should be completely

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
owh...didn't noticed that...

opp61 - what engine oil and what's the thickness ?
Bud

Its 15W 50 semi syn. Anyhow, doing a full overhaul as we speak. Engine is in pieces. Will update next week how it goes. Really really odd problem I have with this engine.

Lets see what happens.

Here are some of the pics of my engine in pieces.....

dreamboy

500 RPM
Sep 18, 2005
penang
All

Thx for the quick reply.

It is not only smoke in the morning. There is normally no smoke at all. Only after hard driving for 5 min then there is the blow back sensation and the car will be smoking really bad. It just white smoke. Like I said earlier, only piston 4's plug is the one that is most fouled with oil. Change plug ok tilll I wack it again.....aiyoh..kepala pening.
Hi, you try to check the oneway valve at the valve cover there whether ok or not. Also try to remove the breathing tube from the valve cover to the manifold one, replace with a small air filter for the valve cover breathing tube with out connect the tube to the manifold or connect the valve cover tube before the throtle. Just connect at the air filter Air ram there. If the valve cover breathing not fast enough also may cause the problem you mention.

Last edited:

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Hi, you try to check the oneway valve at the valve cover there whether ok or not. Also try to remove the breathing tube from the valve cover to the manifold one, replace with a small air filter for the valve cover breathing tube with out connect the tube to the manifold or connect the valve cover tube before the throtle. Just connect at the air filter Air ram there. If the valve cover breathing not fast enough also may cause the problem you mention.

bud

thx for the recommendation. I hv seen those small k&N breater filters . MAybe will get one for the valve cover breather. How about the manifold side? Leave it open?

Also, can you please elaborate how this can cause the problem I am facing ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros, any recomendation to upgrade the brakes on my wira?

servo showing signs of wear and tear, just buy new?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience