4A-GE 16v Ignition Timing

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ctan13

Aug 19, 2004
Hi all,

My transplanted engine does not have the check connector wired in. If I suspect that my ignition timing is off, is it safe for me to short the T and E1 terminals at the ECU end to check the timing? How much work is it to wire in the check connector? Any ideas?

KE2020

Known Member
Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
Mind to describe a bit about your mod? Usually transplant will include the wiring as well wat. It's ok to short the ECU there I think. Just make sure it's the correct one.

ctan13

Aug 19, 2004
KE2020,
Just the standard 16V big port TVIS red-blacktop engine. The check connector was not wired in for some reason. Read in some Toyota forums that it is OK to short the terminals from the ECU side will also get the same effect before adjusting the timing. So want to double confirm with all the sifus here if anyone has done that using this method before I proceed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help from Satri GTi owner here to confirm 2 things as my GTi (model year 1999 with MMC ECU and MAF) has been modified by previous owner to Mivec head and 275cc injector with adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I know the original injector is 240cc and wonder if there is anything else he change.

Questions:
1. can anyone help to identify what should be the correct MAF code for this car? (the 3 digit code on sensor)
2. what is the original ECU for this car? (the 4 digit code on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience