3S-FE,GE,GTE Discussion/Gathering

OnlyToyota

Known Member
Jun 28, 2010
Penang
No la is FWD from st202 celica..^^
3SGTE with Auto gearbox from ST202? which mean the halfcut has been modified because no such factory configuration.
3S-GTE with Auto gearbox only happen in ST215, Caldina.
ST205 only setup with 3S-GTE Manual Gearbox.

:idea:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
3SGTE only got manual 4WD in celica .. Caldina all 4WD Auto.. Altezza also auto only but RWD ..

OnlyToyota

Known Member
Jun 28, 2010
Penang
3SGTE only got manual 4WD in celica .. Caldina all 4WD Auto.. Altezza also auto only but RWD ..

Yes, that is the Factory setup. i found a SS-2 Celica ST202 halfcut (3S-GE auto gearbox with customade/modify turbo) in chopshop which recently sold to a Corona owner. That halfcut attache with BIg turbo, HKS stuff.. owner in transplant into his corona and change the gearbox to manual. The ECU is standalone HKS.. :idea:

rendel

Nov 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
beams altezza engine is perfect for my car in the Philippines :)
I envy MY because most of Japan surplus imports are shipped here in MY.

how's your maintenance? with the engines? :biggrin:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Yes, that is the Factory setup. i found a SS-2 Celica ST202 halfcut (3S-GE auto gearbox with customade/modify turbo) in chopshop which recently sold to a Corona owner. That halfcut attache with BIg turbo, HKS stuff.. owner in transplant into his corona and change the gearbox to manual. The ECU is standalone HKS.. :idea:
Auto trans with big turbo ?? Is there any tuner in Penang to tune HKS standalone these days ?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
That car in Kedah and under transplant progress.. The halfcut come with Big Turbo in Auto trans and stand alone HKS ECU. let's see the result after transplant completed.
:slug:
Those days very few people can tune the HKS ECU bcoz no software. That's why I asked. I'm curious about the Big turbo bcoz the auto g/box can't really take much abuse from that extra power gained.

OnlyToyota

Known Member
Jun 28, 2010
Penang
Those days very few people can tune the HKS ECU bcoz no software. That's why I asked. I'm curious about the Big turbo bcoz the auto g/box can't really take much abuse from that extra power gained.

haha.. i recommend xuantai to see the transplant progress in that workshop. Maybe XuanTai post some photo since the workshop near his house..

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
wah lau... lots of 3S sifu here wor..... i feel like a small potato nia.... hehe,, BTW i think if you guys needs parts i think can look for TOMS cos i just bought another 3sGTE engine from him...

xuantai

Sep 4, 2011
Sungai petani
haha.. i recommend xuantai to see the transplant progress in that workshop. Maybe XuanTai post some photo since the workshop near his house..
haha..i dun knoe any body in they workshop d..
just walk in and ask arr?
may i take some photo for forum use...

wah lau... lots of 3S sifu here wor..... i feel like a small potato nia.... hehe,, BTW i think if you guys needs parts i think can look for TOMS cos i just bought another 3sGTE engine from him...
i oso not a sifu la..just come here and learn with sifusifu..

hi guys, i own a rav4 3SGTE...

hi,nice to meet u^^

Mistaken Identity

Apr 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Another FC exsperiment with ST171 auto trans;

first experiment is about end of year 2010.
- using ron 97
- engine fully standard ( nothing modofied )
- using exstractor piping only.
- tyre goodrich sime tyre 195/60/15
- start filling fuel full tank from sungai koyan.
- sungai koyan - lanchang through genting - batang kali - tanjung malim ( enter highway ) and stop to refill at JURU = 630 km ( using ron 97 )
- everage speed on highway is about 160 ~ 170 km/h

2nd FC exsperiment on my ST171 auto trans : 12 dec 2011

- using ron 95
- engine still fully standard ( nothing modified )
- using volt stabilizer
- tyre goodrich sime tyre 195/60/15
- exzaust :not using exstractor anymore. now all fully standard from outlet manifold to the end...
- start filling fuel full tank from sungai koyan.
- sungai koyan - raub - bentong - genting sempah - duke highway straight to YAN kedah. point to point parking = 628 km = RM 90.20 RON95
- average speeding on highway is about 120 ~ 130 km/h ....

normally for that ST 171 auto trans.. 130 km/h = RPM 3000 ... if driving below than that more safe fuel ...

that my latest exsperiment using ST171 3sFE that i can shared.. hope we have ppl can share their exsperience using 3sGE or 3sGTE or Beams FC ....

thanks...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

places that sell starters doesnt seem to have instalation included.. can someone help me with how to fix a starter or replacing my old starter into my car? my engine is 4g13p.. Im driving a saga... thank you very much..

if you dunno where to start.. can you guys tell me where is the starter for a saga located.. thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience