3S-FE,GE,GTE Discussion/Gathering

Levin92

500 RPM
Aug 7, 2004
PAHANG
Visit site
Dear all,
I'm looking for a pair of Toyota Celica ST185 Front Disc Rotor, details as below:-

OEM No.: 43512-20390
Diameter: 277mm
Thickness: 25mm
Height: 46.2mm
Centering diameter: 54mm

Please PM me for dealing.

Thanks.

nick0tyne

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Find for the blue color air flow hose with Jasma tag. Go market place and look for it. Makes your engine bay look nice.

Btw nick, hows your fuel economy ?

I got RM0.26per km -.- damn high like drinking water also. 39.55L can go 280km only. but 90% city driving la of course

i just modified my air host (between throttle body and air filter) but something like spring type host RM 45 (jasma or some big air flow connector) tight em up, done, ( i upload the picture later) no more turbo sound, my fuel is okay, travelling from my home to my office then come back home (about 75km) need fuel about RM9~ RM11, before this RM 30 a day (really minum air), this include traffic jam, u know klang valley is jammed rite. my experience travelling from shah alam to kuantan cost about RM 45 ~50 running at 120kmph (minimum) and 160kmph (maximum) nonstop one way trip. using RON 95.

but zeus, u use ron 95 on turbo? is it okay? my friend use ron 97 just becoz he afraid that his engine might damage.

rite now my prob is, my dashboard is hell, cracked and almost torn apart, i need st 182 /st 183 / st 185 dashboard without meter, hmm, really need em before i put some "fluffy fur type cover" , i really dont wanna put that "fluffly" thing =(

Last edited:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
using ron 95 or 97 actually depend on engine.
if the engine is factory tune for ron95, you can use ron 95 and above..
if use less than that, engine might knocking..
using ron95 does not give much problems for my engine but still, i use ron 97 since it can produce slightly more power since the sparking can be made earlier..
but i dont know what is the minimum requirement for 3sgte engine?
anyone know?
but if you are using 4age 20V engine, the requirement is rm100 which is not available in malaysia
i accidentally pour ron 95 on my previous car(blacktop engine), can notice the performance drop and knocking during full throttle acceleration

nick0tyne

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
u mean ron 100? that like RX-7 on track. u need higher octane lvl,u still can use ron 95 or even ron 92 mean u need to add something like octane booster, hmm, saw 'em from other threads but i forgot which one

need celica gen 5 dashboard, any h/cut? or someone have? huhuhu =(

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
u mean ron 100? that like RX-7 on track. u need higher octane lvl,u still can use ron 95 or even ron 92 mean u need to add something like octane booster, hmm, saw 'em from other threads but i forgot which one

need celica gen 5 dashboard, any h/cut? or someone have? huhuhu =(
yup
ron 100..
typo error..hehehe
that's the requirement for the blacktop engine..

i also try to find the dashboard before..
then, meet 1 guy want to sell it for rm80 only due to broken aircond vent
but before able to buy it(he is at kedah), he sold already..
then, i buy st202 dashboard..
with st205 meter
then rewiring my meter and aircond panel..
meter not much prob..
but rewiring the aircond panel quite difficult..
and until now, still unable to control eithe want to use the outside air or recycle air..
so, just disable that function and use recycle air..
that's because st185 aircond panel use pushbutton switch for that function while st202 use selector switch..
maybe need to change the switch but dont have much free time right now..
at least all other function is working..

do you know where to get st202 arm rest?
anyone want to sell it?

nick0tyne

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so st 202 can fit in st 18? something? nice, mine is st182, use turning knob for the A/C,, but im looking for dashboard, so how much u spent for changing the dashboard? including the dashboard?

arm rest? y dont u go accesories shop? isnt it the same? i saw st 202 and 205 at munlee puchong but dunno if they sell em seperately (halfcut), and JK shopJK shop try to call em, maybe they have em =)

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
not know if can fir or not..
i put it inside corona st171 with some modification fo fit..
last time if not mistaken spend about rm400 for the dash, meter and aircond panel..
if you still want to use your aircond controller and meter, it would not fit with st202 dashboard..

nick0tyne

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i c, okay, thanks, i guess i just mod my dashboard into that "fluffy" thing =(, spent about RM70 hmmmm~ dont know if it would fit or not if i change to 202
+ no need dashboard, i put some cloth/garmen that suit it well

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

new prob accured, maybe my manifold crack, hahahahahaha, hahahahahahahahahaha

++++++++++++++++++++++

this is what i mean, but after modification, little mod,
go to many shop but they dont wanna to do it, so i mod it myself
if u wanna view, its inside my profile, sorry, image too big

Last edited:

corolla.seg

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2006
i will swap the 3sgte from caldina st215 halfcut to my corolla seg.who know what engine mouting i need to mod n can use whice engine mouting?
can i use the st202 3sfe gearbox to match my 3sgte inside corolla?
thanks to all.

nick0tyne

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
3s-gte caldina? hmm, dunno about this, im sure u better use st205 3s-gte, dunno about the details, but, isnt caldina is auto? and st205 is manual, price around 5k, if im not wrong (h/cut, thats include gearbox wiring, dashboard+meter etc+etc)...3s-fe? better find 3s-gte gearbox, i dunno much bout car, ask sifuu....~

Last edited:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
3S engine can fit into Corollas ?? I think Corolla use back 4A or 5A better ... use 4AGE la bro .. cheap cheap only .. no need change mounting points

nick0tyne

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yup, no JPJ kacau, hehe, but im kinda heard SEG into 3Sgte, but dont remember where, some bengkel told me before i guess :D ,

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
i ask jpj before..
upgrade seg to 2.0 no prob..
but, you should not weld new mounting point to the body
use back your original mounting point then fabricate custom mounting to mount it to your chassis..
st215 come with auto gb and also 4wd if i not mistaken
if you want to use the gearbox, which is auto, you need to lock it..
how to lock? can refer to the post inside the zth.. somebody done it when transplating the st215 into his wish..
but if you want manual, can get st205 gb or better buy st205 halfcut and try ask the shop if they can lock the 4wd or not..
the dashboard fot st205 is nicer in my opinion
i use st202 gb if not mistaken with my 3s-gte and need to rev almost 3k rpm for 100km/h
and 180 at slightly less than 5k rpm
so, at redline, the top speed estimated only around 220 km/h which is not high enough for me..

the most important thing if need to fabricate engine mounting, make sure it is very tidy and look professional so the puspakom will approved it..
the problem is not on jpj but the puspakom..
jpj will always allow us to change whatever engine we want as long as it is certified by puapakom..
if you use runner, it is another story..

this is what they reply when i asked about upgrading seg with 2.0 3sgte engine

Salam hormat encik.Pennukaran dan penambahan kuasa enjin kereta dibenarkan oleh JPJ sekiranya tidak melakukan perubahan pada base mounting enjin.Jika terdapat perubahan tersebut penukaran enjin berkenaan tidak dibenarkan oleh JPJ.

corolla.seg

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2006
O...i aready buy the caldina st215 manual halfcut but the 4wd gearbox too big,cannot use the 4wd gearbox so i use the st202 3sfe gearbox.who know the 3sfe flywheel how many inch? N who know the gearbox when drive 100kmh how many rpm.but i know that 3sge gearbox ratio too close for 3sgte.0

nick0tyne

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
mine is 100kmph about 2.8k ~2.9k or something 5th gear, BUT i use 3sFE engine with 3s-fe gearbox, dunno about 3sgte, anyway, u can buy 'other' gearbox from TRD for 3sgte if im not wrong, im new here =D

but are u sure that 3s FE gearbox can fit in?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all ZTH sifus, recently i've bought a new set of car alarm featuring with shock sensor..i'm planning to install it by myself, but really no idea on which wire to which wire...although there is the installation diagram, by i'm still blur blur with it =.= so, anyone can help me out here? ur idea n advice r appreciated.... thx...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience