2zzge swap on a AE111?

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
Here are the mounts from a AE111 overseas version brand new and the used 2zzge engine.
Next will be the axle both left and right from an AE111 overseas version and Celica SSII also brand new.
Everything ordered overseas.

Attachments

Last edited:

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
The car is meant for a trackday and I am going to put a turbo with a set up something like this
2zz-ge turbo project - Page 15 - Members Projects/Gallery - Corolla Club UK

Before we starting to buy parts overseas there have been some people who has a very high ego wants to challenge this car despite they have a modified vehicle one is a motorcycle while the other is a car. The car was through a text message and hes been bugging us everynight while the motorcycle is just a small motorcycle who is married and has a child already who has a very high ego. Thinking we will bite to the challenge which is a drag race and probably once they win they'll have more ego than before. We just answered them by saying "lets have a chicken match both vehicles go head on the one goes straight win while the one who avoids lose the match.To make things more challenging we will add an LPG tank in the middle of the head on collision vehicles."
They never answered back anymore after our counter challenge to them. This is also why we call the car chicken car because of those crazy challenge they want. They want a sure win race we just gave ours. lolz.

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
not yet complete...
do drop by at Haz Garage for further question...:rofl:
The car is meant for a trackday and I am going to put a turbo with a set up something like this
2zz-ge turbo project - Page 15 - Members Projects/Gallery - Corolla Club UK

Before we starting to buy parts overseas there have been some people who has a very high ego wants to challenge this car despite they have a modified vehicle one is a motorcycle while the other is a car. The car was through a text message and hes been bugging us everynight while the motorcycle is just a small motorcycle who is married and has a child already who has a very high ego. Thinking we will bite to the challenge which is a drag race and probably once they win they'll have more ego than before. We just answered them by saying "lets have a chicken match both vehicles go head on the one goes straight win while the one who avoids lose the match.To make things more challenging we will add an LPG tank in the middle of the head on collision vehicles."
They never answered back anymore after our counter challenge to them. This is also why we call the car chicken car because of those crazy challenge they want. They want a sure win race we just gave ours. lolz.

Any updates on both of ur cars?

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
The other parts arrived just last month but its the engine bracket we are still waiting for the other parts like axles and shifter.
Shipping overseas takes one month to arrive.
Once it arrives we will test fit then bring it to the machine shop for machining then order the aftermarket parts.We have to measure the bore and other internals so that we can also put turbo in it.
We will also put aero kits(we are not taking about bolt on aero kits we are talking about custom and meant only for the car itself) hopefully the guy is not busy on making one for my car.
Shops selling aftermarket parts here is too expensive some shops are not that accessible like the ones selling coilovers thats why my friends also orders overseas even if it takes one month.

Last edited:

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
I can't tell you sorry. Mine took 4 months to arrive and it arrived on a pallet which was the first time we had a used engine arrived on a pallet.Before we bought a honda engine it arrived on a carton box which had 2 big boxes.The honda engine took 2 months.
It all arrived safe.
There are a lot of JDM shops overseas selling a used 2zzge engine.What I did was just use google and call them or email them one by one.I did use ebay but it was just for a basis on whats the name of the shop. I wanted to order direct from Japan because I believe it is much cheaper but understanding what they are saying is not easy and most are in auction or bid.
Call them first and email them one by one tell them it should be a complete swap nothing missing or anything.Also you can you your shipping company if you want to save more.
There is also one shop that has included front brakes but it was already sold out since I can't wait that long I looked for another JDM shop.
I think in Malaysia there are some shops their selling a 2zzge engine.I also tried in Malaysia but it didn't push thru though because I can't find a legit shipping company that can ship a used engine.
I also found a carib nose cut overseas but I am still checking if its legit and it is still available.
All just by using google and the internet.Some I just ask on forums just like here.
Some wanted to help me but I just need is a company name because thats where the profit starts where one person who doesn't have a company helps you then the profit of the company where he is getting also has a profit thats also the reason why we ordered overseas the pass on the profit then pass it to the other person to have another set of profit is not our way of saving money.

To tell you more my project is
I wanted everything to be ordered overseas from suspension,brakes,engine,carib nose cut and many others because it is cheaper and we wanted to avoid too much profit and fake products.Even if it is more expensive it doesn't matter to us as long as it is legit product.
After this project we also have a car arriving overseas.
Once these two are finish and we are racing already we will promote our business name and sell engines,parts and many others.
My friend even told me the same thing "order everything overseas."
I have a JDM civic before but since it was converted from RHD to LHD I had an accident so I just went to look for a LHD vehicle overseas which the car I wanted is not available here mostly it is on converted vehicle.
It is a challenging thing to do research on a shop,knowing the email and a shipping company but thats part on how you can save money and use the saved money on something else. Something that some car enthusiast here doesn't want to do sometimes.
Here in the Philippines there are a lot of fake products which most of the time look exactly the same.

Last edited:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
It's an exciting project bro. Actually in Malaysia it isn't hard to get a 2zzge engine. Carib nose cut really caught your attention that much huh ?

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
It's an exciting project bro. Actually in Malaysia it isn't hard to get a 2zzge engine. Carib nose cut really caught your attention that much huh ?
Yes it is really exciting. The carib nose cut I just like how it looks especially when it has an overrider in front.
We are also going to put aero kits not the bolt on ones that you see on the track it is custom made meant only for that car. Hopefully the guy is not busy though.

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
The celica parts will arrive next week then we will start test fitting the engine then remove it again to measure the bore and put internals next meanwhile here the parts that arrived last month.
The brand new zze is already discontinued so I am on a search for a used one for now the parts that I have right now will be use first to test fit it.

Attachments

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
Finally the parts arrived Dec 14,2013 around 3pm.Since christmas is just a couple of days away because it will just get stuck in the shop. We will start the build on January and we are now looking for a vehicle we can use to transport the two engines k24 engine and the 2zzge engine.

Here is what we are going to do on 2014

Install the engine test it first then after testing the engine we will remove again the engine. We will then bring back the old engine and go home with the engine that was removed, and parts including the vehicle itself since parts here are so expensive because of the huge taxes and other red tape. We have to wait for the performance parts to arrive.
Once the performance parts has arrived.We will then bring the engine to the machine shop.After the machine shop has done his part. It is only then we will bring the engine and the car to the NOT sponsored shops for installing it again and bring the car to the other NOT sponsored shops for the other needed services.
The theme is time attack corolla while the parts are everything ordered overseas
The shop's role is to install the engine,performance parts and some fabrications if needed.

The cycle will be and should be is

Install the parts and bring the vehicle home after installation then bring it back again to the shop to install the other parts that has arrived.We are avoiding other fees thats why we want to send the car home as soon as one part is done in installation.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

since there are so many replica or fake fuel regulator selling at RM1xx on the market..anyone have any experience on them?

pls give your feedback on these regulator if u have used them....

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience