2020 New City RS i-MMD has Honda Sensing + Keyless Remote Start

Needles Tosay

Newspeed

Needles Tosay

Newspeed
Jun 10, 2020
Petaling Jaya

Honda Malaysia's just announced that the soon to be launched, wider, longer and lower City RS i_MMD will feature Honda Sensing, as seen in the facelifted Civic 1.5L turbo and new Accord. This also makes it the most advanced B-segment car right now. Also, the Honda Sensing system in the new City RS is said to be an enhanced version, to better judge the road ahead be it day or night, utilizing a front windscreen mounted wide view camera.

2020 City RS i-MMD Honda SENSING system features:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
  • Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
  • Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
  • Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
  • Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
  • Auto High-Beam (AHB)

2020 Honda City - What we know so far:
  • 4 models including V 1.5L & RS i-MMD
  • It is bigger than a conventional B-segment car and closer to a C-segment sedan
  • 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC engine is new (for non RS i-MMD model)
  • Rear Ventilation aircon for rear passengers\
  • Bookings at dealerships started 14th August 2020
  • RM1,000 off for early buyers
  • Ciy RS i-MMD preview car is on tour nationwide
2020 Honda City - Dimensions:
  • length: 4,553 mm (longer by 111mm)
  • width: 1,748 mm (wider by 54mm)
  • height: 1,467 mm (lower by 10mm)

2020 Honda City RS i-MMD - Equipment:
  • Remote Engine Start
  • LED headlights with DRL (Also on City V)
  • LED taillights
  • Carbon textured front lip
  • Rear bumper diffuser
  • Gloss black rear ducktail spoiler
  • Gloss black door mirror
  • 16” 2 tone wheels

2020 City RS i-MMD Preview Article and Video:

Honda Malaysia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Toichi Ishiyama said, “I believe the upcoming 5th Generation All-New City will excite Malaysians with its advanced safety technology and class-leading features. Last month, we organised an on-going nationwide tour where people can take the opportunity to view the All-New City RS i-MMD up close. We are delighted to receive high interest and positive feedback from the public and bookings have been very encouraging. The All-New City RS i-MMD offers first in segment features such as Remote Engine Start, Honda LaneWatch and Electric Parking Brake. We are now raising the benchmark further to introduce a most complete Honda SENSING feature in its segment which was previously only available in the C, D and SUV segment.”

“For the All-New City, we have implemented several technology enhancements for facilities in the Melaka manufacturing plant such as new inner frame welding to enhance its body rigidity and new spray polyurethane foam to reduce body noise and vibration. This is to ensure utmost quality so that customers can continue to enjoy owning a Honda car. On top of that, Honda Malaysia is the first and only car manufacturer in the country to assemble an Intelligent Power Unit (IPU) from individual lithium-ion battery components to a complete power unit where the assembly process is on par with the technology in Honda Japan. We are confident that the exciting and advanced features in the All-New City will be attractive to our customers and we look forward to bringing the Joy of Buying to all Malaysians,” added Mr. Ishiyama.

Reactions: minibeany

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wonder if the ACC comes with low speed follow. This car has more features than entry level BMW and Mercedes lol.

Design looks good as well.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
actually it's being released a couple of months earlier than the proton X50.. I dare say the X50 is going to trample all over the Nissan and Honda newbies
Some might not like SUV, so Honda still got chance.......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wonder if the ACC comes with low speed follow. This car has more features than entry level BMW and Mercedes lol.

Answer myself, no low speed follow.

actually it's being released a couple of months earlier than the proton X50.. I dare say the X50 is going to trample all over the Nissan and Honda newbies
Indeed. Because SUV you get a ”bigger” car than a sedan. And I think Malaysians will still shy away from the I-MMD, fearing problems and resale value.

Honda might have the upper hand, zero RPM torque beb
Macam yes.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
U buy the x50 and city, i bring the almera. hahaha
So fast the toy models being made already?
Where got sell, Lazada or Shopee? I buy.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Answer myself, no low speed follow.
so it's inferior to the facelift civic's adaptive cruise control?
i thought the honda sensing package would do low speed follow by default

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
so it's inferior to the facelift civic's adaptive cruise control?
i thought the honda sensing package would do low speed follow by default
Yes in that sense it is inferior.

The new X50 would have low speed follow with stop and go -- provided you don't stop for more than 3 seconds. The existing X70 does not have this feature.