2010 Macau GP Road Sport Challenge

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
supposed there were 3 GTR 35 in the race, but one red GTR 35 crashed into the RX8 in the morning and withdrawn from the race. The RX8 was supposed to be this year competitive car as it was last year second. The red GTR35 is kind of a joke which it crashed into the RX8 at the starting grid at about 9th secs of race start.....which it eventually crashed at 2nd corner last year. The race was then stopped and restarted at the evening....Finally the HKS GTR35 beaten 2 times champion Evo9RS and took the champion this year.

The cars in this race are all modified street cars and the Lexus GS450 is even a hybrid car with air-con but still managed to take 11th place ahead of some evos and wrxs. Hope to see malaysia or singapore modified cars in this race next year. This year they only have japan,macau, china and hk drivers took part. We should have some nice evos or wrxs to match with them.

Cars which made it to final in the evening :
YouTube - 57th Macau GP Road Sport Challenge Car Show

Final race part 1:
YouTube - 2010 57th Macau Road Sport challenge Part.1.mpg

Part 2:
YouTube - 2010 57th Macau Road Sport challenge Part.2.mpg

Part 3:
YouTube - 2010 57th Macau Road Sport challenge Part.3.mpg

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

in car video of the red GTR 35 crash in morning race:
YouTube - 00002

more video on the red GTR35 crash in the morning race:
YouTube - Road Sport Challenge - Macau - Start Big Crash

HKS GTR 35 macau racing project car:
YouTube - Challenge to Macau GP MAX ORIDO+Team Top Racing With HKS [Top Racing TR35 GT800R ]

Final results:

Attachments

Last edited:

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
I hate KC racing GTR, killed the knight sport Rx8. Congra to Top racing n HKS gtr, they really put alots of effort in it. If u want to know more can go buy the optionfans magazine it hve all the detail.

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
I used to have my car serviced at Top's racing in hk. The boss (wah kor) is friendly and nice person. you can just drop in and chat with him and he will be happy to share things about cars.

They used to keep one veilside fortune Rx7 in their mongkok shop for show. You can find this macau gp hks gt800r GTR in their kowloon bay workshop for display as well.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errrr....from the onboard video seems like the gtr being hit from behind on the straight????

care to share if somebody know what actually happens???

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Well, the GTR try to get ahead during the starting grid but it lost control and hit the RX8 next to it and continue to crash around.

The driver was fine by the race authority for causing an "avoidable" accident during the race. Actually I hope to see malaysian garage sending cars to this macau road car challenge...i think we have good enough tuner and driver to give a fight on this race which is specially design for tuned road going sports car...

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
Well, the GTR try to get ahead during the starting grid but it lost control and hit the RX8 next to it and continue to crash around.

The driver was fine by the race authority for causing an "avoidable" accident during the race. Actually I hope to see malaysian garage sending cars to this macau road car challenge...i think we have good enough tuner and driver to give a fight on this race which is specially design for tuned road going sports car...

100% agree with u