200 cars damaged in floods

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Selling a car that new will look suspicious on paper. But repairing the car shouldn't cost 16k. At 16k you can throw in oversized pistons, stroker, return fuel AND repair the flood things at the same time.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If your friend not shiok with the car anymore should do just that.....

Got people sell off their cars within a year mah! Anyway, not all can see the difference.

Caringauto

Known Member
Nov 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
wow 16k??
all brand new item for sure... seat all brand new ... u ask him to send outside change aftermarket parts example recaro seats , rewrap cushion if he wan sell it off

overhaul engine doesn't expensive ... hopefully ECU , VDO chipboard have no damage...

thn he can save a lot...

Caringauto

Known Member
Nov 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
no point if he change everything new n sell it off... sumore 16k...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
no point if he change everything new n sell it off... sumore 16k...
Yup, now up to owner to decide. If want to sell, then follow bro. ddv advice to repair outside and then sell...
But another thing is, if car still under warranty, new owner sure ask for it, since car only one year old, but if repair outside of SC, warranty is void........:hmmmm:

Caringauto

Known Member
Nov 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thn just tell new owner straight lo.. if u lie , u will never get anything.. later puspakom found out tell new owner , kantoi juga

Caringauto

Known Member
Nov 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sure can get buyer , accident honda civic fd also can get buyer

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My ex colleague last time got caught in KL traffic in heavy rain. At one place, suddenly flood until half the car, so car later was towed to workshop. He make report that accident, swerve to avoid another car and landed in the drain with high water level, so can claim....:biggrin:

Caringauto

Known Member
Nov 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Claim total lost will only get 80% if nt mistaken...

if u think worth then can la...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
The repair cost now at SC is slightly more than 6k. Whatever that can be done elsewhere without affecting the warranty will not be done at the SC. Besides, Perodua will also give a 20% discount for cars that were affected by the flood (no source, just based on what my friend said). So, now 6k is affordable. Thanks all.

Vol Tex

From Facebook
Aug 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
The repair cost now at SC is slightly more than 6k. Whatever that can be done elsewhere without affecting the warranty will not be done at the SC. Besides, Perodua will also give a 20% discount for cars that were affected by the flood (no source, just based on what my friend said). So, now 6k is affordable. Thanks all.
ask your friend to make sure Perodua make a list for him which part r changig or repairing , triple check when the car is done and make a test drive before sign the agreement

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But the RM6k repair is for what is needed to be done without affecting warranty. How much in total plus the repairs to be done elsewhere?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
ask your friend to make sure Perodua make a list for him which part r changig or repairing , triple check when the car is done and make a test drive before sign the agreement
Thanks for the advice. Will do right away.

But the RM6k repair is for what is needed to be done without affecting warranty. How much in total plus the repairs to be done elsewhere?
I don't know the list la bro. I have asked her for the list many times. And she always says she can't remember except for the seat. Engine all she doesn't know what will be done. She doesn't understand.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't know the list la bro. I have asked her for the list many times. And she always says she can't remember except for the seat. Engine all she doesn't know what will be done. She doesn't understand.
If she does not know any thing about the engine, then is better repair at the SC. Only thing about SC is, anything wrong they just change and not repair, that is one reason why more costly.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I’m researching how much everybody J project cost, so other people can expect how much to spend on the future j project. Please list engine and tranny by year and model, ecu, wires, starter, clutch, flywheel, shift cable with box, mounts, axles, cost of modifying the ecu and wires too, and anything else that I missed. Assuming you do the project. Please add in for the traction bar.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience