2 piece SSR 15" screw/bolt

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what spanner/tool should i use to open the screw/bolt of this 2 piece rim.... i want to DIY the painting of the inner part of the rim (bunga only, not the outer rim). Also, where can i find the bollts/screws replacement ? i already have it painted black...not looking nice already ? anyone ? thanks.
[/IMG]

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
u can purchase an airgun head from the local hardware shop...just drive your car there...and bring one of the workers to see the screw/nut....thats wat i did...i buy this airgun head...then use the normal airgun from my workshop and open....trust me its much more faster than if u wanna try to unscrew them one by one using a spannar....

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
y rim need to split to 2/3 piece? can anyone tell me?

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
SataniC said:
u can purchase an airgun head from the local hardware shop...just drive your car there...and bring one of the workers to see the screw/nut....thats wat i did...i buy this airgun head...then use the normal airgun from my workshop and open....trust me its much more faster than if u wanna try to unscrew them one by one using a spannar....
bro, how much the air gun head ? what about the screws/bolts ? can i get it at any hardware shop too ?

u said easier using air gun, so is there any special spanner for it if we r not using air gun ? where can i get it ?

thanks

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
so this is the main reason for manufacture to split rim to 2/3 piece?
i think this is not..

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
it does not matter bro, i just ned to find the right tool to split them up and also the replacement screws/bolts so it will looks better.. anyone know where i can find them ?

Alvin

Sep 18, 2005
JB
Go get a Allen key, any hardware shop can get it, those screws u mention is allen screw, but make sure yur screw is imperial or matrix size :smile:

general

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Penang
www.protonmania.com
beware b4 u separate the 2/3 piece rims. all i know u have to balance back after u put it together. 2/3 piece rims is made with hi-tech, so u cant simply split it & put it back together. the result/balance wont be the same...

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
howiechoo said:
so this is the main reason for manufacture to split rim to 2/3 piece?
i think this is not..
rim making process normally can split to 2 type: molding and forging

molding: making a mold and pour the metal(liquid type, need high temperature) inside the mold.

adv: easy to mass product, least process
disadv: metal density lower than forging rim(low density means low strength), when using molding process will generate bubble or air gap inside the rim, that's y normal rim need to balancing, coz got different density.

forging: need create mold also, but the mold is different with molding process using one. Forging's mold will split to 2 and symmetric. Using it for squeezing the metal (soft type, temperature lower than molding).

adv: strength(high density, coz squeezing), perfect balancing(sometimes no need balancing)
disadv: complex(more process), can't making whole rim (this is the reason y need 2 or 3 pieces, coz forging can't making complex shape), every screw for rim part combining need same pressure.

wish can ans ur question

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

i m looking for a most suitable spark plug for mivec engine, my car is wira, pls reccommend some...

i got an offer for Denso iridium IK24, rm40 each, is it reasonable? but i dunno whether this suits my car or not as Mr jinkl said he use IK22, i wonder wats the differences?

Thanks for all the information that i m going to receive!! : )
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience