1992 ae101 convert to BT???damage??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
hi all kaki kaki, gang gang and bang bang....

i prepare cash RM30k, i just wonder if i buy an old 1992 toyota ae101 original come with 1.3L , selling price ard RM12k, if let say, i have to convert it to BT 20v and include those dashboard, halfcut, seat, door trim, rubber, paintjob, crystal front light, HID, GT bumper, 17" sportrim, alarm, dvd player, anything and everything, how much i have to spend to make it totally like new??
actually i m compare it with a 2002 ford lynx (price ard Rm28k).ofcos if i buy a 2002 lynx i cannot mod it like ae101 did. but just the the year make. one if 1992 and one is 2002..huge difference....
hope i can get an answer, as i did own an st150 corona with 4agze and sold it for Rm5k only, stupid me.....
now still thinking cash buy a used car and never wan to pay for bank loan anymore.....
i do own a 2005 toyota wish in my hand, super conditon, with fully loaded (not turbo or supercharges).

thinking of selling it and get back some cash to buy a old school ae101.....am i stupid??? (i m not said that own an ae101 is stupid, is just that i selling my wish and get a so call " old car", am i stupid??)
just wanna gather all kaki kaki opinion, see is it worth for me in this kind of situation.

thank you....

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
hi all kaki kaki, gang gang and bang bang....

i prepare cash RM30k, i just wonder if i buy an old 1992 toyota ae101 original come with 1.3L (DUN GET 1.3 CHASSSIS.... IF POSSIBLE TRY TO GET 1.5 IMPORTED ae100 OR LOCAL CKD 1.6CC)

, selling price ard RM12k, if let say, i have to convert it to BT 20v and include those dashboard, halfcut, seat, door trim, rubber, paintjob, crystal front light, HID, GT bumper, 17" sportrim, alarm, dvd player, anything and everything, how much i have to spend to make it totally like new??

ABOVE CONDITION VERY DIFFICULT TO JUDGE HOW U THINK IS TOTALLY NEW CONDITION SINCE AE101 IS BETWEEN 1992-1995 CAR... NEW PARTS AND ORIGINAL PARTS IS GETTING LESSER.. BUT ADVANTAGE IS AE101 GOT ALOT OF AFTER MARKET PARTS AVAILABLE... I HAD SPEND MORE THAN 20K ON MY CAR... TOTALLY NEW CONDITION STILL CANT FULFILL... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

actually i m compare it with a 2002 ford lynx (price ard Rm28k).ofcos if i buy a 2002 lynx i cannot mod it like ae101 did. but just the the year make. one if 1992 and one is 2002..huge difference....
hope i can get an answer, as i did own an st150 corona with 4agze and sold it for Rm5k only, stupid me.....

FORD AFTER MARKET PARTS NOT AS MUCH AS AE101 AVAILABLE.. :nurse::nurse:
now still thinking cash buy a used car and never wan to pay for bank loan anymore.....
i do own a 2005 toyota wish in my hand, super conditon, with fully loaded (not turbo or supercharges).

CHANGING FROM NEW CAR TO OLD CAR ARE NOT STUPID ACTION BRO...IS JUST COMMITMENT AND HOBBY INTEREST...

thinking of selling it and get back some cash to buy a old school ae101.....am i stupid??? (i m not said that own an ae101 is stupid, is just that i selling my wish and get a so call " old car", am i stupid??)
just wanna gather all kaki kaki opinion, see is it worth for me in this kind of situation.

thank you....
all comment is personal opinion... dun shoot me is i wrong.. ahhahah

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
all comment is personal opinion... dun shoot me is i wrong.. ahhahah

hi bro,
how can i shoot u???
really thank for ur input, as least i not feel alone, there someone is talking to me,i will consider again, and thank again for the 1st opinion, i mean not to buy the 1992 1.3l ae101......
thanks....

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
hi bro,
how can i shoot u???
really thank for ur input, as least i not feel alone, there someone is talking to me,i will consider again, and thank again for the 1st opinion, i mean not to buy the 1992 1.3l ae101......
thanks....
i not means u shoot me.. mayb other sifu and master here ler.. hahaha

to modify to 1.6 4AGE BT.... is better to have 1,.6cc body chassis... engine mounting all easy to do.. pnp only..
if 1.3 .. need to modify at least 1 engine mounting...

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
i not means u shoot me.. mayb other sifu and master here ler.. hahaha

to modify to 1.6 4AGE BT.... is better to have 1,.6cc body chassis... engine mounting all easy to do.. pnp only..
if 1.3 .. need to modify at least 1 engine mounting...

thank for ur info, but i do check the price at mudah,my, ae101 with 1.6l price ard Rm18k ~ Rm26k, is it a good buy??? but with thos price cannot convert to Bt, is b'cos of the high price of origin 1.6l, how abt the convert version??? price almost same to Rm26k to Rm30k...

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
y not buy a modified AE101 with the price of RM20k+ to RM30k+??
coz different mod cost different price...

teikwing

Known Member
Oct 19, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
i do own a 1992 AE100 (1.3), passed down by my old man was actually planning to sell it off to get a Vios or something but decided to spend around 10-15K for BT transplant, paint job etc. and make it as new as possible. the current car's carb engine is pretty crappy.

anyway, do hope to get some insights from the sifus here as well on the budget and parts required. plus, any reliable mechanics/workshops to recommend? still in the midst of looking for a BT halfcut in good condition for less than 4k.

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
y not buy a modified AE101 with the price of RM20k+ to RM30k+??
coz different mod cost different price...

ya, will consider abt that, but now a day, i think quite hard to look for a nice modd BT, nice body & etc, btw, ur avatar pretty nice ae101.

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
ya, will consider abt that, but now a day, i think quite hard to look for a nice modd BT, nice body & etc, btw, ur avatar pretty nice ae101.
that's my car...n that 1 was a few years back..haha!
i got a fren wanna sell his car...superb condition, u can ask KHWONG, he know the owner too...

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

i do own a 1992 AE100 (1.3), passed down by my old man was actually planning to sell it off to get a Vios or something but decided to spend around 10-15K for BT transplant, paint job etc. and make it as new as possible. the current car's carb engine is pretty crappy.

anyway, do hope to get some insights from the sifus here as well on the budget and parts required. plus, any reliable mechanics/workshops to recommend? still in the midst of looking for a BT halfcut in good condition for less than 4k.
less than 4k u cant get a low mileage half cut..
unless is normal mileage like 100k, 110k or 120k..
foreman can recommend kajang bandar tech...power speed

teikwing

Known Member
Oct 19, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
i got a fren wanna sell his car...superb condition, u can ask KHWONG, he know the owner too...

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

less than 4k u cant get a low mileage half cut..
unless is normal mileage like 100k, 110k or 120k..
foreman can recommend kajang bandar tech...power speed
thanks for the prompt response, mate. was offered RM4.5K for a auto blacktop by a fellow ZTH member. have not checked on the condition yet though. anyway, how much is the workmanship normally for the whole transplant process inclusive of overhaul and replacement of basic parts (timing belt, spark plugs, engine oil etc.)?

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
y ask me...:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: that owner u more close with him.. even help him sell car.. haha
'

bro jason... nice seg + pretty exterior+ modded bt = very difficult to judge ler..very dependable on individual.. hahahha ,.. make some survey online on this 3 mhttp://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/nurse.gifain point.. hahaha

good luck to ur hunting..:nurse::nurse:

ngjenwei

3,000 RPM
Sep 26, 2006
I got my seg for sale too. Maybe I can swap with your wish. Hehe just kidding la.

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
hey bro,

there's nothing wrong with you modding an old car but why not still keep the wish? it's done up quite nicely and would be a bit of a waste if you just sold it like that :)

anyhow, i think if you want to mod so many things, i believe 18k is not enough...but then again is also depends on what you wanna mod first...18k enough for basic i guess (engine + overhaul + replacement parts + suspension + rims)

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
1) Better get 1.6L chasis, less hassle...

2) it can be done...but need to sit down get the current price for all the parts, which currently...getting more and more expensive...

3) try to join TT with some of the owner...get to gether ...feel them :P :P :hmmmm: ...

4) it takes time to mod based on what you required...took me sometimes too ! hahaha...

good luck...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Heee...poisoning session...normal maaa... :burnout: :burnout:

can't really recall...the welding cables alone cost nearly RM200...workmanship + battery bracket...the figures shouldn't go over RM300...

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
1) Better get 1.6L chasis, less hassle...

2) it can be done...but need to sit down get the current price for all the parts, which currently...getting more and more expensive...

3) try to join TT with some of the owner...get to gether ...feel them :P :P :hmmmm: ...

4) it takes time to mod based on what you required...took me sometimes too ! hahaha...

good luck...

wah, ur car so pretty, nicely done up, and u change the daskboard too??? ur ae101 version suppose dun have airbag rite??? btw, how much u spend to have this kind of mod???
original engin or u transplan urself????
thank for showing this beauty....

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

y ask me...:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: that owner u more close with him.. even help him sell car.. haha
'

bro jason... nice seg + pretty exterior+ modded bt = very difficult to judge ler..very dependable on individual.. hahahha ,.. make some survey online on this 3 mhttp://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/nurse.gifain point.. hahaha

good luck to ur hunting..:nurse::nurse:

bro, is it the silver seg with sunroof, 7age 1.8cc put on mudah.my sale for RM28800, is it the car u mention????

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I got my seg for sale too. Maybe I can swap with your wish. Hehe just kidding la.

can swap no problem, bro, as long as u top up the balance...hehehehehe...

i wanna sale my wish as i dun wan to pay bank loan anymore, so that y looking for an seg than cash money paid, once and for all(no bank loan) but ofcos car still need to regular service and some mod...hehehehehe....

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

hey bro,

there's nothing wrong with you modding an old car but why not still keep the wish? it's done up quite nicely and would be a bit of a waste if you just sold it like that :)

anyhow, i think if you want to mod so many things, i believe 18k is not enough...but then again is also depends on what you wanna mod first...18k enough for basic i guess (engine + overhaul + replacement parts + suspension + rims)

no lah, i dun wan to keep the wish aldy, i mean i still have another 8 years loan to go if i keep it, i think i better get a old car no bank loan than i can save some $$ to buy another house.....hehehehe...

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
bro jason.. tat mudah seg at 28800 &AGE is our member " ngjienwei"//

hahah
.. my mentioned car u can look for AE101-Wong posted before .....\

thanks

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
bro jason.. tat mudah seg at 28800 &AGE is our member " ngjienwei"//

hahah
.. my mentioned car u can look for AE101-Wong posted before .....\

thanks

k, thank......i try to search for it....

A Post Every 5 Mins

Stanley ... notice those brackets welded in to the damper bodies? This is where the brake hose normally mounts, and is held in with a clip.

A lot of aftermarket stuff doesn't take this into account. How about your Titans?

I had a bad experience once when I 'DOWNGRADED' to braided stainless steel covered teflon/nylon lines, and the cable ties they used to hold it onto the damper bracket came loose. The line then rubbed against my wheel until it burst open, and I lost my brakes and had to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience