17" 7J rim with 205/40 ZR17 on Perodua Myvi 1.3 EXi have problems... HELP!!!

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
wuzzles:

Rims are OZ Racing Ultralegerra 17" (no idea what is the offset, the shop owner won't tell, + he guarantee me that it can "RUN" [without pax on all road condition or with pax but not over bump/crest/trout], -.-), tyres are Michelin Pilot Preceda.

All stock springs and absorbers, the front no problem, running as it should be. The rear without pax is about 6cm, with pax is 2-3.5cm. Recently my car just gone KUL->AOR->KUL at N-S Highway with family and baggages, due to uneven roads and unexpected crest and trout, the tyre got "eaten" 1-2mm, assuming.

You're right, I also think that it is the rim's offset is not fit, but too bad that shop owner won't let me change the rim to smaller ones as the tyres are too badly damaged to return. So the only solution is to mod the suspension system.

Skimming the rim to a fitting offset is not what I'm intended, easily to get flawed.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
put a buffer between the springs.. so the stroke of the shocks will be limited..

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
if u already plan to customized it.. then dont custom it to be stiff..
Just phoned Richard, he said that if not stiffen it, it will still knock the fender. He said that it will cost very much ride comfort as it is very hard, like welding. He also cannot 100% sure that changing the absorber can be a solution.

Anyone have another solution. Any1? TQ!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For some unknown reason,Sultan allowed this magazine to take an in-depth look on the world most talked garages throughout all the motorhead & enthusiasts.
Wheels mag(Issue:?? ) has been allowed to talk with some of the mechanics(that still work) on how sultan's obsession has grown uncontrollable & how the big name of automotive player deals with his crazy consumption of automobiles.

Here is some of the scanned page...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience