14inch wheels into FC. will it fit?

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
14 inchers are really tiny leh. For best affect, 16 inch would be just nice without screwing up the transmission ratios too much.

datsr510det

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
kota bharu
i have some issues with 16 inch the last time tried. my car is an old, rotary powered datsun with fc f+r discs and calipers will be installed so braking will not be out powered by the motor. now i'm trying to find the smallest and thinest wheels possible for the front

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
15 inch then. Curious, what problem did you have?

datsr510det

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
kota bharu
with 16, my major problem was, when turning, the tyre will hit the fender. i know some of my problems can be resolved with simple adjustments, but that would mean compromises. i love my ride height, the tires etc etc. flares/re-arching the fenders would be the last thing i want to do. my original goal was to keep the car as original as possible (minus the wheels!). unfortunately, (or rather fortunately) i have dropped that plan and since rotary is in my DNA, i couldnt resist to swap in series4 turbo motor for my old L13 twin hitachis. but the problems with wheels size selection still bothering me. now my turning radius is smaller, because each side of the car has been welded with outer chassis system instead of inner (the ones that hold x-member) that we usually see in a datsun, mazda, etc. so now i need a really thin wheels to maximize turning and since 16inch usually comes with wider jj than 15, i will go for 15. your ideas?

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
wait wait... this is a Datsun 510?

OMFGLOL. I thought that came with 1.6L (L16) twin carb hitachis?

You welded what to what? I didnt get that part.

You have several options. 15inchers should work. OR, use smaller brakes. The weight difference between an FC and a 510 means you can afford to have smaller brakes - 1300KG : 991KG. You could survive using EG6 or other Honda Type R brakes. I think you could look at the old Fairlady Z cars for some suitable discs - not sure how many bolts on the hub though.

There may be something you can do with how your suspension is set up but I am not too familiar with that part.

datsr510det

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
kota bharu
mine is an early model 510(column shift, 3speed trans, 4drum brakes) with L13 motor which has been upgraded to twin SUs. when you open your car hood, you can see a pair of chassis on each side of your car. these chassis is where you attach your crossmember. when you open my hood, you wont see them. i have fabricated a pair and relocated them outside of the engine compartment, like some early days pick up trucks and lorries LOL. i see a little possibilities for me to go for smaller brakes since i always wanted to make use all parts possible from the fc clip that i bought including the crossmember and those brakes. wide body fenders need to be fabricated to cover the wide crossmember+arms+brakes combo and that will be taken care of after i am done with the front suspension setup.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

INSIDE MY CAR HAVE
1)IMMOBILISER
2)STOPLOCK
3)ANTIHIJACK
4)VIPER ALARM 2 WAY VIBRATION AND SOUND
5)BONNET LOCK (SPECIAL KEY)
6)INFRARED DETECTOR (HEATDETECTOR)
7)WINDSCREEN SENSOR (ALL GLASS)
8)SPECIAL TINTED(TAKE TIME TO BREAK THE GLASS)
9)NS70 35 R BATTERY.REALLY BIG
10)CCTV IN MY GARAGE
11)GSM DETECTED
BATTERY IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE ALL THAT IS RIGHT.
NORMAL BATTERY ONLY CAN STAY 1 DAY
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience