there is oil pressure.. from 0 to 6 kg/cm^3
so.. when oil is thick reading is high lo
when oil is normal working temp reading is middle lo
when got leakage and no oil will drop to 0 lo
hehehe

zyfull

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2005
mine dont havela bro..its like we got different modella..i oredi saw different meter at same 120y..

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
oh.. than is different lo

mine is like this
from left, top left is clock (mine not working. :( )
bottom left is engine temp
middle left is speedo
middle right is tacho
top right is oil presure
lower right is petrol level
:)

zyfull

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2005
mine only got clock oso not working,speedo,engine temp n fuel level..so simple aite..ehhe..

Last edited:

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
sam1741 said:
oh.. than is different lo

mine is like this
from left, top left is clock (mine not working. :( )
bottom left is engine temp
middle left is speedo
middle right is tacho
top right is oil presure
lower right is petrol level
:)
wahhh.. mine same urs lar bro.. everything working fine :biggrin:

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
abubu said:
volvo850, do u have a volvo850 at home too besides your 120y? haha. u know alot of ppl likes to 'chi fu'/look down on our poor old datsuns. to them, they think our car is a piece of junk. ive discovered that whenever i drive my datsun, ppl will cut into ur lanes recklessly, overtake u rudely, no matter how fast u drive they still wan to overtake u. when i drive my dad's waja, i drive at 60kmh less ppl overtake leh...lesser ppl tend to 'play' with u.rasa like they give u more respect la.i think theyre bastards man.

btw, ur datsun looks cool frm the pic.what size of d rims r u using?.it suits the car quite well eh.i'd like those big bumpered datsuns. mines the smaller bumper wan. initially found a set of big bumpers from a chop shop and my dad wanted to buy it...it was rusty and expensive...a whooping rm300 each! in the end rather ask the welder to knock back my ori bumper into back into shape during bodywork restoration.

yeah i do discovered that my datsun is best driven with around 3/4 passengers inside...alot stabler and somehow it just feels better than u driving alone. 2 passengers doesnt make any difference frm single passenger tho.

zyfull: its hard to find these kinda mechanics that will do this kinda job for u, at least in the east. west im not sure. most of the mechanics just say...aiya, engine so old...replace new 1 la. repair oso wont last long. :frown:

yeah abubu bro.. currently own a volvo 850 too. any how it still cannot beat the datsun lar. whenever u go to kl with the datsun can just cut in-front of ppl. they will surely give way one. plus, last time i raced with this stock satria 1.3. no problem at all. still can catch up...hahaha....btw, i'm using a 14-inch JRD rim. fits well into the car. no problem at all.

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
wahlau sam and volvo850...i really admire u ppl 120Y's meter la...so detailed! mine doesnt even have a tacho...the big useless analogue clock is dead...even milage reading not really accurate...only accurate thing is fuel, temp and speed. low fuel and choke light oso dead. damn stupid la my 120ys meter, far right side hole got 2 big warning lights for handbrake and choke...give me a tacho la...i really nid it..haha...i have no intermittant wipers too.damn.

volvo 850...any special reason behind why u keep ur datsun 120y alongside ur volvo 850? what a contrasting combi.. :tongue:

sam..mine oso after spending nearly 2k doin the bodywork and stuff water still leaks inside the carpet ler..damn frust.my dad took out the layer of sound dampening materials between the carpets and floor already, coz always damp due to water leak, it dries faster without the material..thus,my car is abit noisier compared to other datsuns i guess. i put newspaper between the rubber mat and the carpet..so it seeps out the water better lah..

btw..u guys airconditioning system got modify ar? mine is stil the auto/manual type ler. national brand wan. i using auto mode whereby u need to acclerate to certain rpm to get the compressor running. put manual the compressor will run but engine tuning not meant for that la..thus it kinda jerks and jerks when compressor is running. i always have to slightly press the acclerator then the car is stationary lo so the aircond cools down. but this causes the engine temp to increase...damn the normal temp is usually sightly above C mark...once i was waiting for ppl during a hot hot noon inside my car so i jus press my acclerator abit for around 15-20 mins so that the aircond runs. the temp shoot up nearly to the half mark ler...isit normal o not ar? why my aircond system not like the newer cars wan where the rpm will automatically increase when the compressor kicks in...aye...annoying la. :)

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
abubu said:
cookie...what ride r u usin ar? ure dun drive a 120Y rite? wahaha. ppl dun give face to 120Y la..unless u really mod it 'kau-kau' hahaha, and give a very bad ahbeng look. the car looks to uncle-ish ma....
me yah drive datsun be4 then use KE30 lor........

zyfull

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2005
ahaha..sam n volvo850 was square light..that y they got tacho at they r car..mine only round light..that y didnt got tacho n oil pressure..summore my meter all round2 one..if square light juz combine one juz like sunny one..if im not mistaken..different dashboard faceliftla..

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
zyfull: the square light wan also got non-tacho type ler...the earliest square light version like mine, the most obvious difference in the exterior is the bumper. the earliest version use smaller steel bumpers with the 2 huge bumper protector thinggy like as u can see in my attached pic then the next version is still small bumper but is all black absorber bumper type.

then finally is the sam and volvo850 type which is the big bumper version which has better equiptment levels compared to the 1st version. eg. rear integrated headrest, tacho, digital clock, oil pressure gauge etc. the tacho actually comes with the black absorber bumper type liaw but with analogue clock and no oil pressure gauge.

mine doesnt have them all lah...but share same dashboard but different meters. lesser acc. eg. no glove compartment light..i can see all the difference coz we used to have all these versions within my family. even got an aunt who had a JDM version (reconditioned) with built in aircond controls and powered door mirrors which is located near the engine wan.

zyfull

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2005
oohhh,juz like that..i dunt know much bout the square..y u didnt find the latest square light meter..i think juz plug n play one..becoz i oredi experience install my meter to tacho one..juz plug n play..juz find the suitable harness..for round light oso got different meter layout..between 4 speed model n 5 speed model..

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
abubu said:
wahlau sam and volvo850...i really admire u ppl 120Y's meter la...so detailed! mine doesnt even have a tacho...the big useless analogue clock is dead...even milage reading not really accurate...only accurate thing is fuel, temp and speed. low fuel and choke light oso dead. damn stupid la my 120ys meter, far right side hole got 2 big warning lights for handbrake and choke...give me a tacho la...i really nid it..haha...i have no intermittant wipers too.damn.

volvo 850...any special reason behind why u keep ur datsun 120y alongside ur volvo 850? what a contrasting combi.. :tongue:

sam..mine oso after spending nearly 2k doin the bodywork and stuff water still leaks inside the carpet ler..damn frust.my dad took out the layer of sound dampening materials between the carpets and floor already, coz always damp due to water leak, it dries faster without the material..thus,my car is abit noisier compared to other datsuns i guess. i put newspaper between the rubber mat and the carpet..so it seeps out the water better lah..

btw..u guys airconditioning system got modify ar? mine is stil the auto/manual type ler. national brand wan. i using auto mode whereby u need to acclerate to certain rpm to get the compressor running. put manual the compressor will run but engine tuning not meant for that la..thus it kinda jerks and jerks when compressor is running. i always have to slightly press the acclerator then the car is stationary lo so the aircond cools down. but this causes the engine temp to increase...damn the normal temp is usually sightly above C mark...once i was waiting for ppl during a hot hot noon inside my car so i jus press my acclerator abit for around 15-20 mins so that the aircond runs. the temp shoot up nearly to the half mark ler...isit normal o not ar? why my aircond system not like the newer cars wan where the rpm will automatically increase when the compressor kicks in...aye...annoying la. :)

yeah bro, still keeping the car coz it has some sentimental value. actually i learned driving using that car :biggrin: . why u keeping that car lar bro?
btw, i made my aircond to run direct. no more using the auto/manual type. it keeps on running all the time. damn hot lar these days :smile: . plus i installed another fan to make the aircond cooler. oh yeah, my engine temperature is always a little below the half mark. have to admit that the datsun aircond system is unlike the new cars. the rpm will drop once the aircond compressor starts running. ne here knows what can be done with that?
btw, zyfull bro is rite. why not just get the latest square light meter. should be plug n play rite?

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
zyfull:yeah it might just b plug and play, but still can find the parts or not ah...haha..i just wonder. wait lah 1 day when the car is sent over to the west i will try go explore around for chop shop parts since the clock and most of the warning lights are already dead. for your information, datsun's are not as common as we can see here particularly in kuching. most of the old cars left are toyota's from various generations. i must say kuching ppl are quite rich, roads are crowded with mostly newer cars. in melaka, i still find alot, and i really see alot of datsun's still running around lah. and they are quite a number good examples around too.

volvo850: im still a student ler volvo850 bro, my dad's the 1 who keeps the car. its his first car and my late grandad bought it for him.the car never suffered any major accidents before. not even a single panel is replaced. except for the windscreen which shattered once. and somehow i just love that car too. i grew up with it ever since the day i was born. its also my first car. i guess my dad has even more memories with it compared to me :smile: i wish to keep the car for alot more years to come.

bro volvo, your direct aircond type sounds like running in the manual mode ler. the compressor just keeps running and the rpm drops slightly. ive consulted an aircond mech in kuching and he said some modifications could be done by installing a pump or relay or something so that the airconditioning functions like newer cars whereby the rpm will be automatically retained. his explaination was long and i din really get what he said as his mandrin was damn fast.(im a semi banana :tongue: btw) price is around rm200-300...sounds very expensive hor?, also im also doubtful coz scared the engine will somehow couldnt take the burden lah.btw, where is the extra fan for the aircond located ler? i just cant find a place for it as the radiator fan already cover the whole radiator ar. i was thinking of running it in manual mode and tune the engine according to that mode and to keep the temp down, install another fan but i wonder where. hope fuel consumption wont suffer much.

when the a12 wanna kaput dy then i should get the a15 frm the newer c22 vannette plus the airconditioning system. it would be just perfect. my mileage is about 500000kmh but currently reading only 370000++ dad disabled the meters once when he used the car for working purposes. :biggrin: thats why the odometer and trip meter aint working so well anymore.

Last edited:

zyfull

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2005
ahaha..u guys talking bout aircon..i cannot interrupt..ahahha..becoz mine got no aircon..expensive to installed complete aircon..new one around 1000+ n 2nd around 500-700..but i think maybe i wanna save my money 1st then going to buy ca18det hafkat..hopefully my saving can be reach to that..then all in the hafkat wanna install in my car..ehhe..hopefully it can be reality..not juz my imagination..ehhe..

mine,

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
wow.. so many post liao.. :D just finish read all....

haih very sad lo my clock not work
if not this is very nice clock u know.. can turn the display into "minute : second"
so cool.. new car cannot do that
dono la.. sometimes i knock knock it can work.. then sometimes cannot..

hahahaha.. my car also got this 'auto/ manual' air cond...
but i really not understand what it means la.. hehehe how stupid me
sometimes just switch switch until i feel cool lo...
my compressor change already.. so air cond now cold lo
but sometimes the compressor like dun wan to turn one.. dono why.. strange...

hehehe.. yalo.. the nissan absorber bumper really cool.. other new car also dun have..
and the glove compartment light also so cool
i very seldom see new car got this light.. but really convinient.. easy to find stuff at night.. :)

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
abubu said:
zyfull:yeah it might just b plug and play, but still can find the parts or not ah...haha..i just wonder. wait lah 1 day when the car is sent over to the west i will try go explore around for chop shop parts since the clock and most of the warning lights are already dead. for your information, datsun's are not as common as we can see here particularly in kuching. most of the old cars left are toyota's from various generations. i must say kuching ppl are quite rich, roads are crowded with mostly newer cars. in melaka, i still find alot, and i really see alot of datsun's still running around lah. and they are quite a number good examples around too.

volvo850: im still a student ler volvo850 bro, my dad's the 1 who keeps the car. its his first car and my late grandad bought it for him.the car never suffered any major accidents before. not even a single panel is replaced. except for the windscreen which shattered once. and somehow i just love that car too. i grew up with it ever since the day i was born. its also my first car. i guess my dad has even more memories with it compared to me :smile: i wish to keep the car for alot more years to come.

bro volvo, your direct aircond type sounds like running in the manual mode ler. the compressor just keeps running and the rpm drops slightly. ive consulted an aircond mech in kuching and he said some modifications could be done by installing a pump or relay or something so that the airconditioning functions like newer cars whereby the rpm will be automatically retained. his explaination was long and i din really get what he said as his mandrin was damn fast.(im a semi banana :tongue: btw) price is around rm200-300...sounds very expensive hor?, also im also doubtful coz scared the engine will somehow couldnt take the burden lah.btw, where is the extra fan for the aircond located ler? i just cant find a place for it as the radiator fan already cover the whole radiator ar. i was thinking of running it in manual mode and tune the engine according to that mode and to keep the temp down, install another fan but i wonder where. hope fuel consumption wont suffer much.

when the a12 wanna kaput dy then i should get the a15 frm the newer c22 vannette plus the airconditioning system. it would be just perfect. my mileage is about 500000kmh but currently reading only 370000++ dad disabled the meters once when he used the car for working purposes. :biggrin: thats why the odometer and trip meter aint working so well anymore.
hey, thats good actually. If u fix the pump or relay then rpm will not drop anymore. thanx bro, will try asking around how much it cost here. wahhh, ur milage already about 500,000km. shows how well it has served ur family bro. hehehe. mine just about 270,000km. btw, check out this page bro. it gives you some idea what engine you can put into ur datsun

http://martybugs.net/DatsunMods/engine.cgi

i have attached a pic where the extra fan is located. its between the front grille and the chassis. Also, is another new pic of my datsun :biggrin:

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
volvo850 said:
hey, thats good actually. If u fix the pump or relay then rpm will not drop anymore. thanx bro, will try asking around how much it cost here. wahhh, ur milage already about 500,000km. shows how well it has served ur family bro. hehehe. mine just about 270,000km. btw, check out this page bro. it gives you some idea what engine you can put into ur datsun

http://martybugs.net/DatsunMods/engine.cgi

i have attached a pic where the extra fan is located. its between the front grille and the chassis. Also, is another new pic of my datsun :biggrin:
neat car u got there :tee:

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
hahaha.. thx a lot cookie n zyfull bro. it was actually my dad's project. currently i'm just maintaining it :tee:

The Marketplace Latest

The Marketplace Top Posts

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi..can anyone tell me wats da best air filter for my car? hope all you sifu can help me..tq:adore:

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience