1.6ers Owners (Mitsi/Proton)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
dear frens..

if want change front lower arm 1 pair for wira 1.6, how much the cost included labour charge. I from bangi, can any one tell me the cost and where workshop bangi, kajang, serdang nilai and surrounding area , can change it cheap2...

Please help me..my lower arm look like spoilt..

thanks for help

eizlan: Don't you have a regular mechanic you usually go to? Won't he give you the best price for labour?

As for cheap parts, buy the lower arm yourself from the spare parts shop then go to your mechanic and get it fixed.

regards

hi to all the 4g92p sifus... just curious whether any sifu here got their 4g92p ECU rechip or remap? or can a year 94 wira a/b ECU be rechipped?

cheers

riggy said:
eizlan: Don't you have a regular mechanic you usually go to? Won't he give you the best price for labour?

As for cheap parts, buy the lower arm yourself from the spare parts shop then go to your mechanic and get it fixed.

regards

yes i have it, but currently just move the new town , at bandar seri putra bangi, so now too far with my mechanic..thanks for reply me bro.. i try seraching kedai potong 1st, if cant get a good one, i will try with spare part shop.. many thanks

any one can advise me what models of car can i swap to my sohc??
willing to change with dohc.. (head only)
tq

parawisata79 said:
any one can advise me what models of car can i swap to my sohc??
willing to change with dohc.. (head only)
tq

i think most ppl use mivec head or 4g93 dohc head...

cheers

hey bros!! jus a question... u guys have the proton satria right? in singapore we call it the mitsubishi colt.. is the engine the same? becos in singapore the colt's engine is 4g92 sohc... wonder wats the bhp of it? and also any potential in this engine? because i am seriously looking to buy a colt any time soon in singapore.. the shape is very nice.... and also... any advise to how i can do up my sohc 4g92 engine without having to swop engine... cos i mite be thinking of changing to a 4g63 engine... bros please advise.. thankx

Mitsubishi_Colt said:
hey bros!! jus a question... u guys have the proton satria right? in singapore we call it the mitsubishi colt.. is the engine the same? becos in singapore the colt's engine is 4g92 sohc... wonder wats the bhp of it? and also any potential in this engine? because i am seriously looking to buy a colt any time soon in singapore.. the shape is very nice.... and also... any advise to how i can do up my sohc 4g92 engine without having to swop engine... cos i mite be thinking of changing to a 4g63 engine... bros please advise.. thankx

HI,

you not worried the LTA will fine you if you change to a 4g63 issit? Anyways, so many things you can do to the original Single cam 92.

1. swap to a mivec head. buy the half cut from the mirage mivec, take the ECU, wiring, head, intake manifold and exhaust manifold +throttle body maybe the brakes and some other spares, you put the new head and wiring in, you get 160bhp. you get to keep the same block and maybe you're still LTA compliant.

2. go for a complete rebuild, and add a performance cam. the rebuild - bump the compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 11.0:1, port and polish the head, swap to +1size pistons, get the bottom end balanced, big throttle body from a 4g63 NA (galant eterna), air filter, exhaust system, piggy back ECU with dyno tuning.

You should get close to 140bhp.+-

3. at the same time, lose excess weight. there are so many useless parts fitted to a car.

Stock 4g92 without catlytic converter is 111bhp with a cat, should be around 103bhp.

regards

y0 bro riggy

bro riggy, thanks for those advises... cos i saw a fren's colt with 1.8(4g93) galant block.. the extractor is also way big, exhuast straight through... the power is okok only la... not that amazing.. but he tells me his car is lta compliant, just passed only..lol... but i tot the mivec head is dohc? hmm... well, all those mods... calculated price is around how much? planning to do up my colt in msia... and... if i were to put in a unichip into my car.. would it do much difference? hmm... also furthur enhancement to my car would be a turbo.. any BOT recomended? or direct manifold turbo recomended? wad turbo and max boost all that? really noob in doing up my colt... so need some advises.. thanks bro... would really appreciate...

Mitsubishi_Colt said:
bro riggy, thanks for those advises... cos i saw a fren's colt with 1.8(4g93) galant block.. the extractor is also way big, exhuast straight through... the power is okok only la... not that amazing.. but he tells me his car is lta compliant, just passed only..lol... but i tot the mivec head is dohc? hmm... well, all those mods... calculated price is around how much? planning to do up my colt in msia... and... if i were to put in a unichip into my car.. would it do much difference? hmm... also furthur enhancement to my car would be a turbo.. any BOT recomended? or direct manifold turbo recomended? wad turbo and max boost all that? really noob in doing up my colt... so need some advises.. thanks bro... would really appreciate...

1. The only way your fren's 4g93 is LTA 'legal' is that the mechanic punched in the same numbers as the old 92 block. The 93 block is actually a long stroke engine compared to the 92, as such, its actually has a taller block by about 1-2inches. BUt it is a straight forward swap i.e part for part exchange and may not attract attention from your ROV. You could do a block swap and porting/polishing and raising the Compression Ratio for the power.

2. The mivec head is dohc. BUt it actually fits. I dont know whether you could stay LTA complaint after this.

3. You could do up the SOHC engine like what i mentioned - port n polish, skim head plus the bottom end if you want to be 100% compliant as none of the mods would be detected.

4. Yes a Piggy Back ECU would help if its properly setup.

5. Turbo you can actually find the whole 1.8gsr (93) turbo kit and add it to the system. (but you need to run low compression pistons as the 10.0:1 CR is high for the standard boost of 0.6bar) Unless you run a low boost (0.4bar setup)

6. HOWEVER, i'd just suggest the following (for the time being and for starters)

a. Get a LTA legal exhaust system with new exhaust manifold. If you can replace the catalytic converter with a sports cat would be better (getting rid of it wouldnt make you LTA LEGAL however. looking at 5+bhp also here.

-b. get a replacement performance filter like K&N in place of the stock one with a cold air intake. 1-2bhp here

c. get a fuel pressure regulator fitted (Sard/arospeed/FSE) in place of the stock one to control/ slightly increase the fueling 1bhp here but benefits with other mods.

d. get a APEXI AFC and dyno it for optimum results. or a unichip etc looking at 5bhp here.

e, get a lightweight aluminium crankshaft pulley to gain power from parasitic power loss (losing rotating weight is equal to losing 10kg for every 1kg lost) and gain about 5bhp on average as well as great throttle response.

f. get a larger throttle body. you can gain 2-5bhp on most rpm range.

g. you then could get a camshaft for the sohc after all the bolt on parts have been added. 5bhp on average but you need to retune the piggy back ecu to match for the additional fueling that comes with the power increase.

after all of that, you're still LTA complaint but making close to 125bhp if you're lucky. But 125bhp would be sufficient actually. I remember in the early 90s driving around in a civic SI which has around the same power. It was great at the time, and as the colt weighs around 1050kg, performance could be already quite fun.

h. later, get the cylinder head done up for some port n polishing/skimming. this will add 10bhp at least. then get the piggy back ecu remapped again.

i. either add the 93 block in place of the 92 or get the 92 stripped and +1size pistons put in and the bottom end balanced. You get slightly more cc increased with the bigger pistons and still keep your block. a few more bhp is there.

of course, dont expect lancer evolution performance. What I'm stating here is to improve on your stock engine without getting it too lairy until the LTA /ROV fines u.

regards

y0 bro riggy

actually wad i am planning is to actually have at least a 200 bhp in my colt.. which i know.. has a lot to be done.. becos the the amount of things u said... i think it will cost maybe arnd 2-3 k sg dollars... hmm.. by the way.. are u a singaporean? or a msia? ur knowledge is really great and i appreciate it a lot!! hmmm... but if i change to a 4g93 block... the power will be increase by quite a lot right? but wad u said.. after doing so many things.. the bhp is only arnd 120+ which is really close to a stock colt... hmm... really very confused to what i should do to my car.. i am really just thinking of spending the money to put in a turbo.. which will definetely increase my bhp by a far lot... hmm.. any advises? if its possible.. please add me in ur msn if u have one... [email protected]
ur knowledge is great! so u drive a satria? or a colt? or ur a mechanic.. i am really wondering..haha! i am also thinking of just doing a engine swap with a 1.6 mivec engine.. that engine has a stock of around 175 bhp rite? hmm... like wad u said.. actually just changing the block to 1.8 would be a safe play... becos its really hard for the rov and tp to check... but if i really do that? how much power do i really gain? or should i just play with the sohc, change it to low compression and put in a high boost turbo? hmm.. need some advises... thanks bro!

Mitsubishi_Colt said:
actually wad i am planning is to actually have at least a 200 bhp in my colt.. which i know.. has a lot to be done.. becos the the amount of things u said... i think it will cost maybe arnd 2-3 k sg dollars... hmm.. by the way.. are u a singaporean? or a msia? ur knowledge is really great and i appreciate it a lot!! hmmm... but if i change to a 4g93 block... the power will be increase by quite a lot right? but wad u said.. after doing so many things.. the bhp is only arnd 120+ which is really close to a stock colt... hmm... really very confused to what i should do to my car.. i am really just thinking of spending the money to put in a turbo.. which will definetely increase my bhp by a far lot... hmm.. any advises? if its possible.. please add me in ur msn if u have one... [email protected]
ur knowledge is great! so u drive a satria? or a colt? or ur a mechanic.. i am really wondering..haha! i am also thinking of just doing a engine swap with a 1.6 mivec engine.. that engine has a stock of around 175 bhp rite? hmm... like wad u said.. actually just changing the block to 1.8 would be a safe play... becos its really hard for the rov and tp to check... but if i really do that? how much power do i really gain? or should i just play with the sohc, change it to low compression and put in a high boost turbo? hmm.. need some advises... thanks bro!

1. 200bhp the only way is to turbo the 92. but that also 200bhp will be asking for too much from the 1.6.

2. 4g93 block will make you get at least the minimum (i.e stock 1.8 sohc power) of 125bhp.

3. I am malaysian, I travel to SG at least twice a year and I have business associates as well as friends there.

4. I drive a Wira 1.6 auto with nearly everything that can be done to an engine and then some except for cam and a piggyback ecu. I am not a mechanic, but I've owned the wira since '97 and got lots of experience in maintaining it as well as doing it up. However i drive an Impreza TS right now and just run the wira alternating with the TS. So the wira development has slowed down now.

5. if you play with sohc 1.8 with port n polish/ skim raising CR to 11.0:1, crank pulley, big throttle body, camshaft, +1size piston you should see at least 155bhp with lots of torque. add in the piggy back ECU you might see another 5-10bhp. I think this is the best way to do it as if you turbo the engine, your ROV will claim that you do heavy exhaust mod, sure get at least 500dollar fine.

6. here, my regular mechanic runs a 1.8 mivec (1.8 block 1.6 mivec head) with nearly everything you can throw at it. One of his customers runs the same spec and on dyno gets approx. 195bhp. I suppose this is the way you would want to end up but wouldn't the mivec DOHC head attract unwanted ROV attention if you change it?

regards

y0 bro riggy

hmm... yup changing to a mivec 4g92 head is very tempting... but once(touch wood) ROV pops mine bonnet... its very obvious... from a sohc to a dohc.. thats wad stops me from changing to a 4g92 mivec head... hmmm... exhuast and all that... i am willingly to pay 500 if kanna caught..haha! actually 550 la... for turbo...
so i really need some advises on the turbo to bolt on and this and that.. power gain.. max boost all that... how abt i change to a 4g93 block..keep the sohc head but i turbo boost it? or should i just go ahead with the 4g92 block and head and just boost it from there? thanx riggy ur doing a lot of help... seriously roughly how much is the piston set +1 size bigger for my colt? racing cams too? brand and the price? quite noob here.. so i need advises from people like u.. dun wan to kanna bluff money by those paria mechanics...lol.. i also need to know the pricing for tein coil over... and also maybe the price of second hand tein coilover.. i am also planning to put in silverstone type rr tires into my car..haha! and errr... just to ask... my frens tells me that like say if i were to put in 15 inch for my rims.. it will be faster on drag.. but handling will compensate.. if i were to use 16 inches... my cornering would be more stable but will lose out in the drag? how true is that? and does it really make a big difference in that 1 inch? cos i am looking at rays enginnering gold rims.... planning to put in 16 inch.... singapore our races are normally more on torque and cornering... not like u guys in msia.. u put sr20 into kelisa... vr4 in kancil all that..lol..really flys on straight road... our races here are all short distance and cornering that is... hmm.. also have to ask u about brakes for my colt.. if i were to put in a 16 inch.. i am planning to look for a 6 pot brakes... any brands recomended? and also the pricing too.. thanks bro.. u helped me a lot in my colt's project... planning to make it the fastest colt on singapore streets.. haha!! singapore there are too many turbo civics and evo and rax.. thats why have to be able to pimp my ride up a little bit to stay on their tail...haha!

Mitsubishi_Colt said:
hmm... yup changing to a mivec 4g92 head is very tempting... but once(touch wood) ROV pops mine bonnet... its very obvious... from a sohc to a dohc.. thats wad stops me from changing to a 4g92 mivec head... hmmm... exhuast and all that... i am willingly to pay 500 if kanna caught..haha! actually 550 la... for turbo...
so i really need some advises on the turbo to bolt on and this and that.. power gain.. max boost all that... how abt i change to a 4g93 block..keep the sohc head but i turbo boost it? or should i just go ahead with the 4g92 block and head and just boost it from there? thanx riggy ur doing a lot of help... seriously roughly how much is the piston set +1 size bigger for my colt? racing cams too? brand and the price? quite noob here.. so i need advises from people like u.. dun wan to kanna bluff money by those paria mechanics...lol.. i also need to know the pricing for tein coil over... and also maybe the price of second hand tein coilover.. i am also planning to put in silverstone type rr tires into my car..haha! and errr... just to ask... my frens tells me that like say if i were to put in 15 inch for my rims.. it will be faster on drag.. but handling will compensate.. if i were to use 16 inches... my cornering would be more stable but will lose out in the drag? how true is that? and does it really make a big difference in that 1 inch? cos i am looking at rays enginnering gold rims.... planning to put in 16 inch.... singapore our races are normally more on torque and cornering... not like u guys in msia.. u put sr20 into kelisa... vr4 in kancil all that..lol..really flys on straight road... our races here are all short distance and cornering that is... hmm.. also have to ask u about brakes for my colt.. if i were to put in a 16 inch.. i am planning to look for a 6 pot brakes... any brands recomended? and also the pricing too.. thanks bro.. u helped me a lot in my colt's project... planning to make it the fastest colt on singapore streets.. haha!! singapore there are too many turbo civics and evo and rax.. thats why have to be able to pimp my ride up a little bit to stay on their tail...haha!

1. usually TC an NA engine has limitations. namely low boost as the engine can't take higher pressures. That's why once you go this route, you're limited to boost of 0.5bar or less.

2. +1 pistons come in OE or those by aftermarket brands. Stock ones are cheap and are 500-700rm only. Usually i'd suggest that you only touch the internals when the engine is pretty knackered. If not I'd rather save my money for bolt on stuff, then do a complete engine overhaul when necessary. As i noticed, no matter how great your car is, there is usually someone better, so why waste?

3. Suggest you up the handling stakes first. This is more important that adding power . as power without control is nothing.
a. run a good set of springs and shocks - coilovers are better. go for something that offers you rebuildability for the long run. or in case you're not happy with the shock rate.

b. use poly urethane bushing all over. I think this transforms a car. My wira is 80%PU bushed and feels fantastic. Get the front lower arm bushing with increased castor (0.8deg) from sUPERPRO. Cornering is so much better.

c. use fender bars, strut bars front and rear as well as lower arm bars in front to improve rigidity.

d. try to get RALLIART engine mountings -more solid rubber - it'll enable your engine to transmit power to the wheels instead of rocking on the mounts.

- but note that once you have all this, your ride will feel stiffer and like a rock. My car borderline between unrefined and comfortable because of this. But the upside is, it corners like its on rails.

4. if you want to use 16in, which i think you should as its the best compromise between looks/power/handling. use the lightest rims you can find. Dont use tire size bigger than 205/45 if you're running NA. if youre on 15in, use 195/55 with EXPENSIVE performance tires to recoup back the traction lost by using 15in.

5. lose the excess weight. it'll help handling so much and improve acceleration.

regards

Hi Riggy, Do you mean engine mounting affect much on performance as well?? As i think my car's mounting is gone.

pifecto14 said:
Hi Riggy, Do you mean engine mounting affect much on performance as well?? As i think my car's mounting is gone.

Yes....especially the wira/satria/putra chassis as the engine rocks rearwards towards the bulkhead causing some driveshaft hop. If you have better or new engine mountings, the engine won't rock too much and the power will be better transmitted to the driveshafts and wheels.

Note that this is the main reason why mitsubishi (and proton) changed the engine orientation on the newer lancers (and the waja). The cam cover is on the right side instead of the left like in the wira/satria/putra. At first i thought it was because of weight balance, but then I did some reading and found this detail.

In short, good engine mountings will help this chassis.

regards

Hmm, better change my mountings then. lol!! And one more thing bro, i notice my temperature meter like not normal, as when i m speeding fast, the temperature meter is very low. but when car is not moving or moving slow then it stays abit above the middle line. Could it be a faulty thermostat?? What effect will it cause? Thx for the advice.

pifecto14 said:
Hmm, better change my mountings then. lol!! And one more thing bro, i notice my temperature meter like not normal, as when i m speeding fast, the temperature meter is very low. but when car is not moving or moving slow then it stays abit above the middle line. Could it be a faulty thermostat?? What effect will it cause? Thx for the advice.

the fan is a good suggestion. check both rad and air-con fans. then also ask yourself when was the last time you changed the waterpump as well as the water in the radiator.

regards

hey guys,im planning to sell my 4g92P(auto)..anyone interested?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom