1.6ers Owners (Mitsi/Proton)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
sheesh...some ppl don't read or understand what stock means also. takes them 2 postings to realise.

let me repeat : if your car has

1. a performance air filter in place of a stock standard air filter

and

2. and exhaust system

and then you dyno and get 120bhp......

IT IS NOT STOCK anymore

regards.

hmm..NOT STOCK mean not original alredy lei..why so long story..

Just change air filter and exhaust system really make a difference huh
The 4g92p 120hp is on crank or wheel? If wheel, thats super impressive

wahaha.. 120 hp on wheel?? of coz on the crank..why so many jokes today.

bro... i need help... today when i start my 1.6 wira, my rpm run til 1.5k... then i waited for 10 mins still 1.5k... normally my start up rpm value is around 1k and then slowly go down till 0.5-0.8k rpm like that... then i dun care and drive out only... then my car rpm keep jumping when i park my car... when at traffic light, i press brake then the rpm go lower than 0.5k rpm then suddenly go til 1.2k again... wat the problem... i face this problem before... a mech said is the gear in TB need to service cause there jam... anyway to fix it by DIY?

AE 75 said:
wahaha.. 120 hp on wheel?? of coz on the crank..why so many jokes today.

Never specified properly then I ask about it ler
It can be on crank or wheel wat :)

riggy said:
sheesh...some ppl don't read or understand what stock means also. takes them 2 postings to realise.

let me repeat : if your car has

1. a performance air filter in place of a stock standard air filter

and

2. and exhaust system

and then you dyno and get 120bhp......

IT IS NOT STOCK anymore

regards.

this is waht ppl tend to call standard modified..hehe..btw, from what ive learn b4, it is possible to get 120hp+ from crank if u change the air filter n exhaust system..by theory if ur car can breath easily, it means more power can be produced..IMHO, this engine need to be explored..ppl tend to put it on the side in favor of its mivec cousin n also turbocharged gsr..

std mod..yupp rite..still depends on yr car individually .
exhaust mod -estimated 5 to 8 hp on crk
air intake mod - estimated 1 to 3 hp on crk
and depends on item types too coz result may vary.

encikmasen said:
this is waht ppl tend to call standard modified..hehe..btw, from what ive learn b4, it is possible to get 120hp+ from crank if u change the air filter n exhaust system..by theory if ur car can breath easily, it means more power can be produced..IMHO, this engine need to be explored..ppl tend to put it on the side in favor of its mivec cousin n also turbocharged gsr..

Yup this engine has potential if its been exploit properly

kazami said:
bro... i need help... today when i start my 1.6 wira, my rpm run til 1.5k... then i waited for 10 mins still 1.5k... normally my start up rpm value is around 1k and then slowly go down till 0.5-0.8k rpm like that... then i dun care and drive out only... then my car rpm keep jumping when i park my car... when at traffic light, i press brake then the rpm go lower than 0.5k rpm then suddenly go til 1.2k again... wat the problem... i face this problem before... a mech said is the gear in TB need to service cause there jam... anyway to fix it by DIY?

No DIY fix. Your Idle control in the throttle body needs to be removed. If you're lucky, it can be cleaned, if youre not, a replacement is needed. But you dont have to change the whole TB if its the switch that's faulty. However, you can actually use this opportunity to change the Throttle Body to a larger one from the 4cyl perdana.

regards

hot topic for 1.6 here. can I join. I'm using 4g92p but upgrade DOHC. year 93.

riggy said:
No DIY fix. Your Idle control in the throttle body needs to be removed. If you're lucky, it can be cleaned, if youre not, a replacement is needed. But you dont have to change the whole TB if its the switch that's faulty. However, you can actually use this opportunity to change the Throttle Body to a larger one from the 4cyl perdana.

regards
my problem solve... is a gear key for air cond in throttle body... charge me for RM50...

Just want to know.....Can I bypass my knock sensor.....Will check engine lamp come out?
Some 1 Please help me

hello averybody. i got 4g92p auto year97. can't join.
but my 92p got many problem lorrrr

ap_554 said:
Just want to know.....Can I bypass my knock sensor.....Will check engine lamp come out?
Some 1 Please help me

Why on earth would you want to bypass yours knock sensor? You want to go on a high speed drive and suddenly find your pistons and your valves comming into contact is it? The reason its there is for the purpose of protecting your engine against early detonation caused by various reasons. It'll pull back the ignition timing and retard the engine timing for this. If the check light comes on thats the least of your worries. You may have to get an overhaul later on.

regards

yup.. agree with riggy said....
my car once the knock sensor kong which the 'check engine' light appear... during that time, my FC become worst and lost power in pick-up... after change then it settled..

pardon me for my lack of knowledge, but what is knock sensor?
where issit located n what's its purpose...

tq..

knock sensor

Tq bro......si i have change my knock sensor coz patah alredy. But i have to repair my ride first....accident last Monday.....:(

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom