0w-40 vs 5w-40?

elesen

Sep 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, already did but no one wanna layan my thread. I think I should edit it and mention that I'm a miss, and I know my oils and rotary bwahaha. I'm helping someone to sell it actually. I have tonnes of it!

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha....rare got girl here..hey bro,we got girl here,should support her a bit for her hardworking,willing to know more about engine and oil.....miss elesen,am support u behind :flowers:

elesen

Sep 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Lexus is it from toyota?
Yup, licensed by Toyota. Did I answer your question? I hope so!

hahaha....rare got girl here..hey bro,we got girl here,should support her a bit for her hardworking,willing to know more about engine and oil.....miss elesen,am support u behind :flowers:
Lol.. I think there are many here, just that not many are making a public admission. Willing to know more because there is some interest too. But yeah, all bros and sis come and support support then!:adore:

Jimmyae, you dont just support from behind, gotta buy too! :biggrin:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-lexus-fully-synthetic-motor-oil-5w-40-a.html

Attachments

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
I'm still baffled why would anyone say 0w is too thin for our climate. xw is meant for winter , the lower the number, the better it will flow in cold temperatures.. ok, some might argue it is critical for engine starts in the morning.. but in malaysia, even in the wee hours of the morning also the temperature barely go down below 20c... in genting? maybe like 17c? haa.. that's not even close to subzero temp :hmmmm:

this is a simple explanation but a very good read: http://www.searchforparts.com/important_articles/which_oil_do_i_use.php

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for clearing it up... from my limited knowledge... all engine oils made in japan came from the same oil company...they just tweaked here and there with oil additive and stuffs to make it different brands...

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
all engine oils made in japan came from the same oil company...they just tweaked here and there with oil additive and stuffs to make it different brands...
maybe.. but need confirmations from sifus here.. last time i used idemitsu oils.. now difficult to get but from what i can see, eneos oils are identical (except for molybdenium) :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Detailien Hives Presenting You will be amazed by proton (show room finish)

You will be amazed

this is one of the many many Exora we coated at the beginning of the year

and the things is when it is not handled properly

Aftermuch delay of 2 years to my church friend
finaly when our hives is up, she was called in

upon arrival

more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience