• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Fast? I am laughing and sad.
After spending tons of money on turbo. Guess what, from 13sec to 11 sec only for 1500CC car.

Guess what, VW 1200CC TSI can have 9.7 sec for 0-100 km/h. ( smaller CC can better then mine)
I had used e-managed and gave me 12 sec, so i changed workshop and AEM piggyback, added injectors and other , only 11 sec.

I was wonder if I go HV racing, can ask them to make it 9 sec flat for my car without change CVT gearbox and turbo ?
Some PPL said TD04 can hit 200 WHP. why my ride still like snail? Pls advise before i go to HV racing.
Bcos i don't want to outcome spending $$ then become square one.

9 sec without change CVT and td04 turbo? Bro, u're asking for impossible. Colt was riding on manual. Ori engine was turbo spec (low comp). Same as VW TSI, its turbo spec engine. How to compare. If you dont blow your CVT @ 200whp, i :adore: u. I dare to GUARANTEE you no workshop can get your target, 9 sec without change CVT and td04 turbo

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

thats not really true....
singaporean do their car in jb bcoz pf cheap labour...period
if u ever been to singapore car workshop likethose in ubi,u know wat is service means...
1st class customer service..,workmanship so in-detail...and job knowledge(they hold degrees)

but u know wat is the best part??
majority of their staff are johorean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!malaysia boleh

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

to all workshops,,theia target end of the day is to make money...if they can get a few petrolhead like us,,very soon they wil own a benz..
im not saying thy r bad shops
some xprience to share
ive been to hv racing wit my friend..his ride is gsr 1.8.went there to chg custom intercooler piping and intercooler..the cost is around 2k..u now wat they give him...a 2inch stainless steel pipe with a jasma intercooler(rm350).that wil only cost 1k outside.is this really worth the 2k??u think again

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

so wat i realise is,u just dont send ur car to any reputable workshop,but also to the workshop where the owner is passionate in not just making money but also interested in making ur car more powerful...well i found 1 workshop in bukit indah,skudai..the owner is a racer himself and only 28 years old now.wrkg as a foreman/wireman frm age 12...
some of his noteworthy projects i've seen
volvo740-convert to turbo
perdana v6-v6tt/evo3
cefiro-skyline r32(his ride)
skyline r32-r34
honda civic-b16+2.2 vtec(450hp)
and the common waja/wira/putra(gsr/evo)
Bro, conflict leh, u say Spore workmanship so in-detail and job knowledge(they hold degrees) but at the end u said most of them Msian. Frm what i can recall, almost non of Msian famous mech ever finish high school.

normal market for s/steel fabrication is around 1k onwards, as u said, jasma intercooler 350 which sum up 1350. To know the cost, very simple. Go hardware shop check out 2" s/steel straight pipe how much for x feet, then check out elbow price. Thn check out how much for silicon hose and the clip. I havent factor in labour fees for welding and installation.

In fact, you go ask around, majority if not all will tell you full set stainless steel ic fabrication is 1k plus. i've been patron small workshop to those big name above. small workshop need customer like you to grow, hence they charge cheap, take u as test kit. Big shop cant afford to do so as they got reputation to look after. In fact, of those so called project you listed, its common job and majority mech had been doing it for years. Even tire shop mech also know how to do

FYI, most of them do afford drive benz. Ah lai got R34 and STI (Sold), Tung chun own BMW 5 Series, Ah hwa if im not wrong owned BMW 3 series coupe if not M3.

affiq

Known Member
Sep 6, 2007
i recommend tung chun lah..in permas...i've seen them installing a turbo into a fd (spore car..dont know whose).. try asking them lah..go there and look for ah boon

tailgatepro

Jan 25, 2010
Singapore
9 sec without change CVT and td04 turbo? Bro, u're asking for impossible. If you dont blow your CVT @ 200whp, .
no , I mean td04 can reach 200whp. I don't need to 200 whp. Bcos encounter other wkshop asking me upgrade to TD05 , which I think not reqiured as my td04 maybe used half of his power. I don't care how many free horse. I just need 9 sec. Can change to other auto gear, not manual GB. Can be done?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
thats why i sadi you're asking impossible stuff. To hit 9sec, do u know how much you need to invest into engine/gearbox/turbo? We are talking about 10k-20k stuff here. 9 sec, you need at least 700whp onwards, again its WHP not HP

HvSohc

Dec 24, 2008
i recommend tung chun lah..in permas...i've seen them installing a turbo into a fd (spore car..dont know whose).. try asking them lah..go there and look for ah boon
elo afiq... :burnout:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
No budget constraint.
I had turbo on L15A engine w CVT. Somehow didnt meet the dream speed.
Bcos stock 0 to 100 km/h is 13 sec
After turbo is 11 sec. max boost 0.6 bar at 3200 RPM.
If not mistake 1500CC Mitshibushi Colt turbo with CVT also can hit 8.5 sec.
Expecting abt same.
So need to find a workshop to meet my dream.
u r singaporean ? that y u cannot change engine? maybe u can get 1.7 block plus ek model 4speed auto gb. after bot, 9 sec should be no problem.

clanbuster

Known Member
Jul 2, 2009
Don't need 700 whp. Evo 280 Hp can 5 sec. Wrx auto can 6.5 sec and many other make w auto can below 9 . Just go HV to check

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
sorry. Just realise u r refering to 0-100 timing. Thn ur car quite slow. Stock 4age, b16a or mivec can easily clock 8sec. My previous stock toyota bolt on turbo wif auto gearbox also can hit 7sec easily wif leak manifold

legoina

May 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys, very long nv check my mail, and realise there had been quite some discussion going on...Anyway, thank you guys for your input.

I am currently still outstation overseas,

which RMD workshop is better? kempas or perling ?

Last edited:

legoina

May 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys, 1 thing i realise about workshop is that, they dont quite treat new customer very well, some act cocky, then, when my friend bring me to the workshop he frequent, the workshop will show better service and friendly towards me.... Why are they like that ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey everybody,i'm siva..
literally a newbie here..i need help!
i have a iswara 1.3M and i wanna mod it for much more extra power
my budget is RM10k and i plan to keep it NA..i wanna keep the car as silent as possible also
please help
p.s,do state the shop i shall visit and the cost
i have thought of changing the engine mayne a 1.6 or 1.8,what do you guys recommend?
thank you in advance,your help is much appreciated!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience