Turbo Vs Vtec

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yeah ur right bro, but that one I 100% sure standard one, yeah I did see one powerful tiara at bdr baru bangi, gsr turbo, mivec, vtec all can follow close or half car...

Good power to weight ratio :smokin:

VTEC_runner

Known Member
Apr 1, 2007
haiya...i have vtec in eg body and satria with vr4 480 hp...syok 2 play with those engine...exept u make ur car then lepak2 at dataran merdeka and tasik titiwangsa...and usha2 awek,poser2....blueerkkkk....:banghead:

WiiR4

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
haiya...i have vtec in eg body and satria with vr4 480 hp...syok 2 play with those engine...exept u make ur car then lepak2 at dataran merdeka and tasik titiwangsa...and usha2 awek,poser2....blueerkkkk....:banghead:
yelaa...cannot go wit' that...rather ride a keta pekak wit' a powerful engine than nice car wit' bodykit but can't go...got no torque mean no fun...:driver:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
back from my slumber, huaaaaargh!!!:sleep:

discussion isnt finished yet ker? good ler kot..:idea:

id rather compare between similar horsepower rather den the expenditure. given a fixed amount of dough to mod both types, the charged ones will have more horsepower definitely.

applicable power to ground is important, dat was y i "menekankan" the word competent driver in all of my posts.:banghead:

ive seen many dyno charts during my visits to millenium, and all dat i can say is charged engines dont necessarily produced torque in the lower revv jer, sumtimes the max torque ade kat ujung jugek, depending on the owner setup. but, at the lower revv, the VALUE of the torque at any said rpm is USUALLY higher then dat of an NA machine. note : when dis comparison was made, i was thinking of a B20 hybrid VTEC (210whp) and a stock block 4G63T evo3 (303whp) wit a bigger turbine.

efficiency of an engine is one thing, VE is another. VE stands for volumetric efficiency, i dont wanna explain dis, nanti ade orang komplen pulak.. just look dat up:confused:

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
efficiency of an engine is one thing, VE is another. VE stands for volumetric efficiency, i dont wanna explain dis, nanti ade orang komplen pulak.. just look dat up:confused:
dont care wht they will say la bro..just for info sharing,..then if someone complain means he knows better...so,just dont complain and be practical..so,wht is VE?is it the cylindrical quantity efficiency?

wonder the vvt-i vios is extremely differ with i-vtec new city.the gap is..hard to believe..

Voxism

Dec 13, 2008
NA and IF is just a matter of choice.

just a simple question here.

Which chick will you choose ?

A girl with make up all over her face or , A girl which have natural beauty ?

I guess you guys will get what i mean :biggrin:

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
NA and IF is just a matter of choice.
just a simple question here.
Which chick will you choose ?
A girl with make up all over her face or , A girl which have natural beauty ?
I guess you guys will get what i mean :biggrin:
never tot like tat b4...u ar..terrible la...u acronym is seriously not applicable...if so,what do u mean by 'girl with make-up' and 'natural beauty'?did u try to say tat NA is represented by ...?if NA is a girl with make-up,then natural beauty is force induction..is it?then,r u try to say tat evo wit IF dont have natural beauty?u ar..crazy ar..then a proton-mitsu endorsed is what?whore?seriously..for a woman,cant take it easily..

Ismen 1379

Nov 8, 2008
Want Fast Then Payy Money will Fast ...
Bump...:hmmmm:

Bump: Want Fast Then Payy Money will Fast ...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
well, i'll keep it as simple as i can. VEs stands for volumetric efficiency

u see, when an engine has a volume of.. lets take d B16 for example, 1600cc, for any NA machine, and i quote, "ANY", it cannot utilise dat 1600cc of volume efficiently ie it cannot suck air in as much as 1600cc after it has completed a revv. usually, only a small portion is utilised. u can increase dis VE value by mods, such as higher specced cams, bigger valve, better head flow, better technology, etc. like whats alredi in / been done to the B16 and yet, wit all dat still cannot surpass the 100% mark. but, any std non-VTEC engine can be made to utilise its VE surparsing d 100% mark just by charging it, because u r forcing air in as much as the charger be able to, and not just rely on the suction of the engine's cylinders. so, a std 1600cc motor can produce similar power output wit the B16, and more (by simply increasing the boost, senang jer..), wit a more conventional engine setup ie moderate cam, lower compression ratio, not-so-extensive-valve-cut-angle, normal gearing ratio, etc. and still maintain good fc (if driven sensibly), because now, its more EFFICIENT.

dats y, if u mod an NA machine, wit a given sum of dough, compare dat wit a similar cc charged machine, u will always see dat a charged motor will give u better power and fuel economy (again, if driven sensibly lah).

Bump:
Want Fast Then Payy Money will Fast ...
trust me, dis isnt necessarily true..:banghead: mods dat is done wit proper knowledge is the thing dat will give u power, hence making ur car faster.

i did most of my mods, so they were mostly.. FREE

AsimoV2

Apr 7, 2007
Perth
My friend's turbo charge Type R DC5. just thought i'll share since we're on the topic.

album_pic.jpg

helvetica

Jan 11, 2009
win a qualified race event baru cakap, more realistic....LOL

Bump: win a qualified race event baru cakap, more realistic....LOL

Bump: win a qualified race event baru cakap, more realistic....LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

I have a few questions here.

Last week i re-installed my Vacuum Gauge from my old car (Iswara 1.3) to my Vios '05.

Due to the Vacuum hose is too big in diameter (8mm) for the T-joint (to the sensor), I changed the hose to a small diameter (7mm).

Question is:

1.) will it affect the engine if i change the hose diameter to a smaller size?
2.) the mechanic said that Vios is not advisable to intall a Vacuum Gauge as it need sufficient air. Is this true? I have not come...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience