Re Club [rotary Engine Cars]

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
aibon dude,

if reliability you're looking for and you have the budget i'd definitely use the fd 13b engine. Parts in abundance and we have our own inhouse engine rebuilding facility ;)

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
phat7 said:
aibon dude,

if reliability you're looking for and you have the budget i'd definitely use the fd 13b engine. Parts in abundance and we have our own inhouse engine rebuilding facility ;)

k! phat7 dude....i'll think abt it....im thinking wat if i get this car to drift and will spent the time to play with it or fix it most of the time....(im sorry) but i got this idea that the rotory cant last long n u cant over rev it........

PutraX_Choong

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
phat7 said:
Congratulations on your purchase matey. There are a couple of good places to acquire information bout the fc3s eg. rx7club.com and nopistons.com Check these places out for general information. With regards to looking after your engine, pretty much how you look after pistons. SOme points to follow.

1) Regular engine oil change
2) Change out fluids (probably never done by previous owner)
a.Diff
b.Tranny
c.Radiator (use only distilled water,coolant and Redline Water Wetter)

3) Considering the main problem with rotary is cooling i'd suggest you keep a close eye that.
4) Some gauges would help. Unlike ricers, the rotary can definitely do with gauges especially;
a) Boost (if you're running turbo)
b) Water Temp
c) Oil Temp
d) Oil Pressure
The list just goes on i suppose.

Mileage really depends on the condition of your engine. On the FD i get approx 200km from RM50. Still not tuned yet so hopefully with some tuning i'd see some difference.

Are you going to join us for the Frasier's Hill Drive? You should come and meet with other RE owners to learn more bout your car and ways you can mantain her. Keep us posted. And before i forget - Welcome To The Club Mate!!

Oh ok ill keep an eye on those things u mentioned ! I just hope the car doesnt break down alot (seen alot of FC's on the emergency lane with thier hood poped up) . Its gona be my everyday car from now on ...

Well ill try to make it for the Fraser Hill trip , have an exam during the 2nd week of july ! Hope to meet u guys soon . Thanks for the info phat7

Cheersss

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Aibon dude,

Please feel free to rev the rotary hard. the engine loves high revs!! Provided you have a strong engine you'd be having endless fun.

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
phat7 said:
Aibon dude,

Please feel free to rev the rotary hard. the engine loves high revs!! Provided you have a strong engine you'd be having endless fun.

wah....reallly....wont it explode?
to rebuild an engine how much would it cost?
(must be very reliable)

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
well it really depends on what you want. We can meet up and talk. Do you have the car already?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
I3en_I3en said:
all cifu...
how much for a 20B???
it only com with auto gearbox right???
I think you should read this thread carefully. Its been said before.

Last edited:

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
phat7 said:
well it really depends on what you want. We can meet up and talk. Do you have the car already?
NO dude... im having a cefiro now....
learning to drift...later i wan to upgrade to a FD....:) heheheheheheh......

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
EVO-Z said:
if my car is FD or FC
BUT IS ON SR20DET
CAN JOIN OR NOT
Yes you can join us for the Fraser's Hill trip. Please send me your details incl. contact number as we have booked the restaurant for numbers.

Also is your FD the silver colour one converted by Ah Choi complete with red rocker cover SR20DET??