pls help me, b8 engine on ford tx3

fions

Sep 11, 2006
i bought one not too long ago and i am really struggling to find a good mechanic or
a workshop with the knowledge about the b8 engine bay
(wiring, turbo etc) anyone knows where i can go to ?
im located in the KL area
urgent, pls help

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
try KSM motorsport in puchong perdana if ur willing to drive abit... reasonable price and very friendly people, my Tx3 B8 baby is usually there for all maintenance work and even some upgrades...

roSSifumi

Known Member
Mar 15, 2005
SUNWAY CITY
Visit site
i bought one not too long ago and i am really struggling to find a good mechanic or
a workshop with the knowledge about the b8 engine bay
(wiring, turbo etc) anyone knows where i can go to ?
im located in the KL area
urgent, pls help
:bawling:could u share here...:hmmmm:what ur problem??

fions

Sep 11, 2006
first of all thanks for all the replies guys
basically i am just looking for a place that is familiar with b8 and good workmanship
for works like changing a bigger disc brake from an rx7 or something
upgrading to a bigger turbo?
compression test? check my air fuel
stuff like that

ekinomae

Known Member
Oct 17, 2005
basically i am just looking for a place that is familiar with b8 and good workmanship
stuff like that
besides Rx7, you could use disc brakes from Lantis Type R (the 2.0 V6) ..less headache compared those from Rx7

just my 5 yen

zroe

Known Member
Sep 2, 2007
ampang - kajang
stuff like that
come with me c the foreman.. i believe he can....

fions

Sep 11, 2006
ei guys also wanna ask u all
now im using the bp180 with the original tx3 1.8 gearbox
wanna look for a 2.0litre gearbox i think from a 626 or something?
cause i dont think the 1.8 original one can take the power?
anyone got any for sale?
when i boost on 1st and 2nd gear, rev spikes

gizmoz82

Known Member
Jan 13, 2006
try KSM motorsport in puchong perdana if ur willing to drive abit... reasonable price and very friendly people, my Tx3 B8 baby is usually there for all maintenance work and even some upgrades...
u also from puchong meh?my tx3 now at w'shop saujana puchong....maybe 1 day we can meet up..

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
u also from puchong meh?my tx3 now at w'shop saujana puchong....maybe 1 day we can meet up..
acutally, im from subang... but i go to puchong coz i trust them, my friends mah... yeah sure we can meet up, pm me your contacts la... i'll be going to puchong maybe end of next week to change my drive shaft CV boot :burnout:

JarsOfClay

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
anyone got any for sale?
the tx3 gearbox will hold the power just fine...with a decent clutch plate it wont be a problem holding the power...rev spiking can b caused by a lot of things.eg full throttling whn launhing at 1st gear...what boost are you running? my cousin is using a tx3 g/box and his car has no problems and he is boosting at around 1.2 bar.most mazda/ford g/boxes do not have any problems holding powers up 350-400 whp....

just my 2 cents

laserman

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
anyone got any for sale?
Fions,

TX3 gearbox is a short ratio gearbox, and the housing everything is fit perfectly for the B8 engine. This short ratio gearbox will give better pickup. Where the 2.0 gearbox is a longer ratio gearbox it will give you better high speed.

It depends what are the feeling you are looking at, as I am enjoy short burst not top speed, so my TX3 gearbox is fine with me, perhaps if you want something in between you may consider change the ratio, but remember must get an experienced mechanics to do it.
About power, it depends what are the power your are looking at, if your consider 300whp and above than look for ratio changes instead of gearbox change. If you are looking ofr less than 300whp, your TX3 gearbox will do the job, also depending how you monouver it.:driver:

When you talking of rev spikes, it definately will not caused by ur gearbox, the spikes u refer to issit boost spikes or rev cuts?

any doubt please feel free to ask

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi Guys,:wavey:
im a new kid on the block with ford and mazda cars & engine stuff.
My 1st question is can Mazda Neo 1.5A engine upgrade to B8 Turbo? Does it require major modification and will it involve the chassis?

2nd - about how much to convert the engine with labor and where to get Mazda Neo body parts (Front head lamps,Signals and rear brake lamp,Etc)?

Lastly, can provide some reliable and experience mechanic contacts? Preferbaly Old Klang Road and Puchong Area...

Thank you Sifu's:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I think my titan is more that 1 month now...
recently find out the damping of front suspension become harder than previous...however the rear is ok...
now i can feel front is stiffer and rear is softer...and when i jack up my car...i saw the suspension boots is tear off... :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience