Orders for the Toyota 86 is open! RM 243k for manual, or RM 249k for automatic

semangka

Aug 14, 2010
Miri & Bintulu
people who wants anything close to this with practicality of 4 doors can go for is250. but though this is costly for a 2 doors, think of its cult status in 20 more years to come.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Super nice car... but overpriced. They must have taxed the shit out of it.

LANCET

Nov 14, 2005
for those who want cheaper, just have to wait for the grey imports to come in over the next few years, then we'll see them all over the country.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I really hope they do come out with a more powerful version like a TRD or STi upgrade of some sort.

Beautiful car, beautiful handling, but feels abit underpowered when compared to 2 litre NA cars in its class like the Civic and Integra Type Rs. The chassis has so much potential.

Engine bay is pretty compact then trying to fit a turbocharger looks challenging even if the factory ever dicide to build a turbocharged version. It seems the only way is to install the turbo in a remote position.

If only they could shoe horn in a 3.5V6 supercharger like the ones powering the Evora or better still a Lexus ISF V8. It's gonna be one 370Z slayer.

I also do wish they have a TC and VSC off option where turning off mean really off if there was such an option (don't listen to what the motoring press have said so far).

Anyway it's free to talk and share my opinions but its coming back down to reality, doubt i'll ever get one of these cute babies in my life time.

But if you guys want something that's fast in a straight line u are better off in a Civic Type R, Mazda 323 MPS, Golf GTi, Megane RS.

The FT86 is a nice streetable car and accessible to the general public but it's abit of a hairdresser's car if one is a petrol head (not saying it's slow to begin with but slow if compared to the cars mentioned above).
Pity they dont make many rwd cars these days sigh..........

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
concern here is the tax....the selling price of the car is not the actual value of the car which is a major contributon of price depreciation ,hard to get loan and insurance loading later on. We malaysian are known to keep our cars for a very long period of time thanks to the above

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
it's way overprice.. furthermore, its performance isn't that impressive either, GTI easily outrun this!!

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
Maybe we can wait for the grey importers to bring in reconds.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
If Shuichi Shigeno decides that Takumi will buy this car to replace his old AE86, then the resale value will skyrocket....huhu....

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
i was expecting around rm200k for this kind of car spec.. if sell at 200k then sure kill the sales of rx8, type r...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Too expensive for me. Rather go for civic type-r. :bootyshake:
I believe the FD2 Civic Type R is no longer being sold here by Honda Malaysia.

I guess UMW is bringing in the GT version which retails at JPY2,796,300 (RM106K). FYI, there's also a GT "Limited" trim version which is also offered by Toyota Japan with additional RM6K premium. The most basic version, RC is sold at JPY1,990,00 (RM75K) but it comes with most basic spec such as unpainted bumpers, no AC and minimum equipment.

GT Limited: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade1/index.html
GT: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade2/index.html
G: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade3/index.html
RC: http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/grade/grade4/index.html

Last edited:

shadowgamer77

Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
THE price is too expensive.... it is almost double of the actual value... goverment unfair to local cars... and also to foreign car also... when i am in uk ... i find out that iswara cbu spec much cheaper than normal spec iswara in Malaysia.. recond car in Malaysia are very expensive than new car in other country.... why this is all happen bcoz Malaysian willing to spend a lot of money to the cars than for properties... people using bmw stay in apartment which 1/3 of the car price...
so goverment make huge profit by taxes and used cars dealers make huge profit by having AP...so that the young malaysian pls control yourself before purchase a car...

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

THE price is too expensive.... it is almost double of the actual value... goverment unfair to local cars... and also to foreign car also... when i am in uk ... i find out that iswara cbu spec much cheaper than normal spec iswara in Malaysia.. recond car in Malaysia are very expensive than new car in other country.... why this is all happen bcoz Malaysian willing to spend a lot of money to the cars than for properties... people using bmw stay in apartment which 1/3 of the car price...
so goverment make huge profit by taxes and used cars dealers make huge profit by having AP...so that the young malaysian pls control yourself before purchase a car...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Scooters are a great form of transportation, especially to those who wants a easy to maintain vehicle back during the early days in Germany. These scooters are inexpensive and the choices are more diverse compared to Malaysia, where we are flooded with Vespa scooters...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience