Matching sports spring with stock absorbers ...appreciate feedback

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I am using H&R Sport Springs.

Today i checked my ride height, it seems to have lowered down, but by abit only i think. It did not lower to what the site said, which is 1.5"-1.8".

What you guys think??
Call your friends, treat them to a Teh Tarik session and u pick them all and bring them to the shop.
Get 4 healthy size friend. 3 seat at the back, one at the front.
Take the longer route.
On the way back, do the same thing-take the longer route.
Find a route where u know there will work the suspension more.

Then, get back to us see if this works.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Call your friends, treat them to a Teh Tarik session and u pick them all and bring them to the shop.
Get 4 healthy size friend. 3 seat at the back, one at the front.
Take the longer route.
On the way back, do the same thing-take the longer route.
Find a route where u know there will work the suspension more.

Then, get back to us see if this works.

Whats the purpose of this yah?? To put weight on the springs and make it settle in faster??

Thanks...

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Just joking on the review part.

Anyway, how does the ride feel right now?

I think my car ride is lowered, but not by much. Thats why i didnt really feel it. But after observing it and asking friends, i think is has lowered abit. Just not as much i hope for and not what the website claim. Maybe the car makes a different. Some car can be lower than another. I assume this is because stock 408T height is quite high to begin with. You can tell by the wheel arch. Before putting the H&R spring, you can see the coils when u are standing about 8ft away. Now you cant really see it. But i belive due the wheel arch size and design, it gives u the impression that it is not lowered by much.

As for the ride, i can say there is different. It is definitely stiffer. Coz now the feedback from the steering and seat is more obvious. Road surface condition is felt more obvious now. The body roll is still there, but very very minimal. You can feel it for a split second, then everything hold its position. I belive it is because the spring is progressive. As explained in the past few post, progressive springs tends to still be soft until compressed. Thats why i still feel the split second body roll when i take corners. But once into the corner, its stiff and handles well. The steering also is stiffer now.

I think i didnt feel a BIG difference is because, the 408T has a sports tune suspension to begin with. It is stiffer than the 408 NA and also stiff than any 2.0 C-Segement cars. So thats why i didnt feel the BIG difference. But when you really concentrate and observe, there is improvements and difference.

To sum it up, i am satisfied with the springs. Just hope that in the next few days to come, the springs will settle in lower abit more.....Hopefully...hahahahahaha

Hope this feedback help......Thank you guyssss...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think my car ride is lowered, but not by much. Thats why i didnt really feel it. But after observing it and asking friends, i think is has lowered abit. Just not as much i hope for and not what the website claim. Maybe the car makes a different. Some car can be lower than another. I assume this is because stock 408T height is quite high to begin with. You can tell by the wheel arch. Before putting the H&R spring, you can see the coils when u are standing about 8ft away. Now you cant really see it. But i belive due the wheel arch size and design, it gives u the impression that it is not lowered by much.

As for the ride, i can say there is different. It is definitely stiffer. Coz now the feedback from the steering and seat is more obvious. Road surface condition is felt more obvious now. The body roll is still there, but very very minimal. You can feel it for a split second, then everything hold its position. I belive it is because the spring is progressive. As explained in the past few post, progressive springs tends to still be soft until compressed. Thats why i still feel the split second body roll when i take corners. But once into the corner, its stiff and handles well. The steering also is stiffer now.

I think i didnt feel a BIG difference is because, the 408T has a sports tune suspension to begin with. It is stiffer than the 408 NA and also stiff than any 2.0 C-Segement cars. So thats why i didnt feel the BIG difference. But when you really concentrate and observe, there is improvements and difference.

To sum it up, i am satisfied with the springs. Just hope that in the next few days to come, the springs will settle in lower abit more.....Hopefully...hahahahahaha

its good news then.
only waiting for bro sf to play with u on corner..hahah
european ride or even asian car with european dna has a firm ride to begin with.
its not that its not comfortable,it complements the car and engine character.
u know the ter peiple said"euro handling ma'.thats the thing.

oh wait...i got it wrong.bro sf is not yr opponent.
its unker vr,both of u got turbo.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
oh wait...i got it wrong.bro sf is not yr opponent.
its unker vr,both of u got turbo.
Nah. Everyone is SF's opponent. Only because of his big claims with his Kelisa and Kancil. :biggrin:

Question : Are you running on stock rim and tyres?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nah. Everyone is SF's opponent. Only because of his big claims with his Kelisa and Kancil. :biggrin:

:rofl: LOL! Bugger u, my kelisa and kancil slow la...no need challenge :rofl:
Should challenge papagoines modded one. :biggrin:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

Im using 18" rims with Continental MC5 225/45. It comes with the car coz mine is Griffe Edition. Why ah??

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Im using 18" rims with Continental MC5 225/45. It comes with the car coz mine is Griffe Edition. Why ah??
Stock tyre will be smaller, higher aspect ratio so ride and performance will be totally different.
Get UHP on your next set, then can feel the performance....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
that's one mofo huge wheel well.

With lowered springs I think you're at a sensible height. Why not take some pics and show us la?

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

With lowered springs I think you're at a sensible height. Why not take some pics and show us la?

LOL....Mofo huge wheel well....Lol.....But i also dont know why so big the gap....but now ok la...not as low as i wanted...but i think it looks better now....

Pictures ahhh....Have to wait la...coz everytime balik rumah already dark....morning always rushing to work...hahahaha...

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

Hellozz...As requested....The front wheel arch is not 1 fist size from the rubber....The original wheel arch design is really huge...What u guys think?

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I think it looks low enough. But is the floor uneven or something? The front seems a little more elevated than the rear