LIVERPOOL FC-Great Britain Greatest Club

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke Red said:
I suppose getting forward is alright as long as you have 3 defenders to defend a counter attack. Often you see teams getting caught with their pants down and only having 2 defenders in defence.

Far as I know Evra isn't as good defensively as Neville which is probably why teams focus or maybe you've just been playing teams who are only strong on the right???:confused_smile: Heinze is often out injured so teams may gamble on his lack of fitness, I don't know???
You're right.

Evra indeed can have problems with physical players. And indeed everytime Neville and Ronaldo is up front, balls that are lofted to the right are cut out by either Carrick of Ferdinand. The good thing about having Ferdinand is that he has got the ability to read the game and the pace to cover the ground necessary. So far I have found Carrick to be excellent at intercepting passes as well.

As far as having 3 defenders at the back. I haven't tried to notice if Evra stays back when Neville goes up and vice versa. Or if one of the midfielders fills in.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
si|verfish said:
You're right.

Evra indeed can have problems with physical players. And indeed everytime Neville and Ronaldo is up front, balls that are lofted to the right are cut out by either Carrick of Ferdinand. The good thing about having Ferdinand is that he has got the ability to read the game and the pace to cover the ground necessary. So far I have found Carrick to be excellent at intercepting passes as well.

As far as having 3 defenders at the back. I haven't tried to notice if Evra stays back when Neville goes up and vice versa. Or if one of the midfielders fills in.
Aside from the occasional lapse in concentration and selective amnesia :P, Ferdinand is a rare sort of defender. As you say, he has pace and can read the game but he can also play the ball with his feet. If he were say Sami Hyypia, you'd be playing the long ball game.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke Red said:
Aside from the occasional lapse in concentration...
Those are the sort where sometimes you wish you could stab him in the heart with a blunt object for.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Well at least you don't have Bramble or Boumsong, both of whom suffer from occasional heightened concentration.

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
Liverpool 2-0 PSV... plenty of chances... late goals... injuries woes....

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
A good solid performance all around, with the exception of Pennant who looked like he came from a different planet. Amidst all the criticism he's been getting, I'm really happy for Reina. He put in a solid and assuring performance between the sticks. He was confident coming off his line and stood up strong when called upon.

My Man Kuyt (Cowt)
It was a close toss between him and Steven Gerrard but I have to say that Kuyt put in an awesome performance. I've said this before and I'll say it again, his work ethic is phenomenal and though he did not get on the score sheet, he setup both goals. Aside from that, he was constantly receiving the ball from midfield and linking up play.

Penetration
The first goal just comes to show why fans want to see Stevie G play through the middle. Had he not been there, we would not have anyone making runs through the middle. This is the reason why we've been so static in past games. There were not players making any runs into the box and no one is better at it than our revered captain. It was a good finish as well, placing it to the keepers left after he caught sight of Gomez falling to his right.

Not a spectacular performance by any means of the word but a very disciplined and organised one. PSV peppered a few shots on goal from 30 yards out to add to their 'shots on goal' tally to make it look even but as we know, statistics don't win you games. In the end, we deserved the points.

hid3

Known Member
Aug 1, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
kuyt work rate is phenomenal.. he rans his legs to the ground.. as i said earlier.. he's more of a forward. the link man rather than an out and out striker.. now if only we can get a predator in the box. that partnership will definitely score goals..

anyhow... good match.. but bad injuries.. the the challenge on alonso was a bit x-rated. but kudos to the lad for his bravery..

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
that dude bellamy is subdued somewhat. maybe he should quarrel or pick a fight with someone (not his own teammates hopefully) sigh

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Steven Gerrard our captain, our talisman. City were hard to breakdown and I'm glad we did. We have one of the best home record in the league, unfortunately one of the worst away. Only City and Spurs have similar crappy away records.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
I look at it this way, if we have a player with the quality of Gerrard, it would be foolish not to use him. I don't mind if people want to say we are a 1 man team just because we use our best player as often as possible.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
anyway, we should look at it this way...
every team has their main man or soul which plays an important role in leading and uplifting the morale and spirits.
It's like Chicago Bulls without Jordan is not the same.
Toons without Shearer is not the same.
We have Gerrard as the man who uplifted the team spirits and encourage them to play well....thus we thank him!

-fRëɧt¥£3R-

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
kLaNg
www.liverpoolfc.tv
Zenden is also crocked for 5 weeks now.
we only got Gerrard as our central midfield now.

Rafa might throw in Agger ther i suppose. thats only the best possible action.

predictions against Pompey.

draw wud be a fair result looking at our midfield.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
from soccernet:

• Benitez hits out at 'time-wasting'

Rafael Benitez blasted Portsmouth for their time-wasting tactics as Liverpool were held to a frustrating goalless draw at Anfield.

The Anfield chief claimed that referee Alan Wiley should have taken stronger action.

Benitez said: 'They were time-wasting from the first minute, their goalkeeper was taking time walking across his area for goal kicks from very early on.

'The referee only put on two minutes in the first half and five in the second, but there was a lot more. In the end it is down to the referee to book players.'

But Pompey boss Harry Redknapp hit back saying: 'I wouldn't know what time-wasting was. I would never tell a team of mine to do that.

'In fact I kept shouting at our full back Noe Pamarot not to take so much time at throws because he would get himself booked. And that is what happened in the end.

'Surely no one is saying we came to Anfield to time-waste for 90 minutes, that would be ridiculous.'

Liverpool could have gone into the top four with a win, but eventually all they managed was to climb above local rivals Everton and Reading.

Benitez said: 'In the first half we had control and possession, but in the second period with all that time-wasting we got nervous and started making mistakes.'
btw, James in Portsmouth!? How many teams had he changed since us.....wow!?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which shop in PJ,Sunway,KL offer this kind of service ? I don't want to knock the fender manually, but prefer rolling technique to make the fender bigger.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience