Honda President confirms NSX successor based on HSV-010 back on

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The roller coaster storyline that is the successor to Honda’s acclaimed NSX is once again climbing high as Honda’s President, Takanobu Ito, has confirmed that the project is back on and will be based on the HSV-010GT racecar campaigned in Super GT.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

By developing a street legal version of the racecar, Honda will be bowing to the gentlemen’s agreement of the Super GT series, that is to have a race and street legal version of a given nameplate contested in the series.

Details on the street legal version are still scarce as engineers dust off the covers on the halted project. No word yet on motivation as the racecar uses a 3.4-liter V8 pushing out over 500hp and 392Nm of torque.

“I think Honda should respect the history of the Super GT competition (as a stock-car race),” said Ito, who also hinted at an affordable, smaller sports car that could follow the street legal HSV.

“There are two types of sports cars, affordable and high-performance. I hope we will be able to market both”, he added.

Source: Asahi

Attachments

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
My dream car is back ~

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
ow gosh wat a statement:hmmmm:
naturally aspirated k20a type R still be considered 'ricer',i'm really shock:adore::adore:
wish i could get one of this car,but wait till the price drop :burnout:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Well,in all honestly,not everybody will view a Type R as a sports car(except mayb for d NSX-R)......but it's definitely a performance oriented car n d best dat d factory can offer whc is street legal......now,abt rice,well......usuall it's those who CAN'T afford a genuine Type R dat'll label 'em as rice..but watta heck?rice is nice mah?advertisement oso got say lor!hahahaah......

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Bravo Honda! Now this a true sports car, not the ricer Type R Civic.. :biggrin:
yes perhaps the civic type r is not a pure sports car... but ricer? gosh you must be joking right?

it will really make my day if you could enlighten us what have made you come to that conclusion.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
HABIS!!!anoda GENUINE Type R Civic oredy come in!die die die!hahahahahahhaha

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
NOW,I'm offended....*hmmppphhhh*....ahhahaha
i wonder wat will they name d NSX successor?

Over Boost - Motorsports

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Oct 11, 2010
Bandar Sunway
www.overboost-motorsports.com
haha good one!

I think ricer is label more to how they mod and destroyed the car. And type-R is definitely not the ricer type of car, its the kind of car where its still smart for a business or gentleman to drive around and can still go traveling distance without ear drums being blocked

continental_drifter

Known Member
Feb 25, 2005
Ricer pun ricer la,like akuma said rice is nice.

Thank god at least he even gave us to eat rice compare to other 3rd world countries.

And thank god he even gave us the opportunity to own a genuine the so called "ricer" CTR :)

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Ricer pun ricer la,like akuma said rice is nice.

Thank god at least he even gave us to eat rice compare to other 3rd world countries.

And thank god he even gave us the opportunity to own a genuine the so called "ricer" CTR :)
LOL!!

and your 'ricer' CTR can clock 2.42 at sepang without speed cut remove!! or was it 2.41?

albani

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
Penang
ekdivision.17.forumer.com
Bravo Honda! Now this a true sports car, not the ricer Type R Civic.. :biggrin:
apa raa...NSX successor is going to join the supercars league just like LFA..what with sports car?
and what with Civic Type Ricer...yeahh rite ...you'll be smoked out 3 lamp post before you can spell r-i-c-e-r in ur 2nd gear bro

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Looks like everyone is angry ---> :banghead: when I called Civic Type-R 'ricer'.:hmmmm:. Heheh, no need to get angry lah.. Yes, maybe I shouldn't call it rice, but the Civic Type-R was based on a 4-door, front wheel drive passenger sedan, which means it's not developed as a true sports car from the beginning. The NSX and this, it's successor is developed as track machines from the ground up, same class as previous skylines and R35. Sure got different.

After the NSX, Honda didn't really want to develop pure sports car like Nissan did with their Fairladys and Skylines. Instead, they rely too much on Integras and Civics as their most sporty lineup, which is sad..

I drive civic too (old one lah, not type r sum more :driver:)

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Looks like everyone is angry ---> :banghead: when I called Civic Type-R 'ricer'.:hmmmm:. Heheh, no need to get angry lah.. Yes, maybe I shouldn't call it rice, but the Civic Type-R was based on a 4-door, front wheel drive passenger sedan, which means it's not developed as a true sports car from the beginning. The NSX and this, it's successor is developed as track machines from the ground up, same class as previous skylines and R35. Sure got different.

After the NSX, Honda didn't really want to develop pure sports car like Nissan did with their Fairladys and Skylines. Instead, they rely too much on Integras and Civics as their most sporty lineup, which is sad..

i drive FD2R and i'm not angry at all with your statement. you are entitle to your opinion and i respect that.

like i mentioned before perhaps the FD2R is not a pure sport car because maybe of its front wheel setup but the ability of the car to take corner is mind boggling

try ask continental drifter to take you one lap of sepang. perhaps after that you might have some respect of what a 4 door sedan front wheel car can do.

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Perhaps you were misinformed or perhaps in your opinion, a true sports car should at least pack 250hp or more. Ask anyone who sat on a Type R before, if they are any less sportier than the GTRs or Fairladyz in Sepang. Sure the Type Rs are slower than them, but in terms of raw-ness? The Type Rs never fail, apart from ABS, there is virtually no electronic traction control or whatever controls to aid the driver.

Or maybe you just prefer a car with a sporty looking look. A Type R is different though, whether is it an NSX or EK9, it's always about racing, not for posers. :P

rickarch

Known Member
Sep 16, 2006
Perhaps you were misinformed or perhaps in your opinion, a true sports car should at least pack 250hp or more. Ask anyone who sat on a Type R before, if they are any less sportier than the GTRs or Fairladyz in Sepang. Sure the Type Rs are slower than them, but in terms of raw-ness? The Type Rs never fail, apart from ABS, there is virtually no electronic traction control or whatever controls to aid the driver.

Or maybe you just prefer a car with a sporty looking look. A Type R is different though, whether is it an NSX or EK9, it's always about racing, not for posers. :P
so when u wanna bring me for a taxi-ride with kelab sahabat? :driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Guys, what I actually mean is that I'm just glad that honda had found their racing spirit again after the NSX stopped production. Honda just can't compete with with other Japanese sports car maker like Nissan, Mitsu and Subaru if they only have the Type-R in their garage. Accept the fact that Type-Rs can't and can never compete with Skylines & FQ400 Evos.. Why is it that Honda fans can't accept even the slightest critisism to their beloved Honda brand.. Type-R is raw, of course it is since most of the insulation have been removed, that increases the sense of speed even more..

Last edited:

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, what I actually mean is that I'm just glad that honda had found their racing spirit again after the NSX stopped production. Honda just can't compete with with other Japanese sports car maker like Nissan, Mitsu and Subaru if they only have the Type-R in their garage. Accept the fact that Type-Rs can't and can never compete with Skylines & FQ400 Evos.. Why is it that Honda fans can't accept even the slightest critisism to their beloved Honda brand.. Type-R is raw, of course it is since most of the insulation have been removed, that increases the sense of speed even more..
You sir, are different, and are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. But when it comes to raw-ness, it does not only mean less weight. Perhaps you should read more into the R's engineering and purpose, the driver makes the car turn instead of all the gizmos, granted some prefer those gizmos, but those who appreciates the Rs usually don't want those electronic driving aids to aid their driving.

Ever wonder why some people still prefer the MRS or the Lotus over Evos or Subarus?

Speed can be subjective, we prefer to have the whole package, if you want a 3 sec 0-100 car, I'm sorry, the Rs are not for you sir. However, if you want a cornering machine with no driving aids, then perhaps that's the car for you.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
but the Civic Type-R was based on a 4-door, front wheel drive passenger sedan, which means it's not developed as a true sports car from the beginning.

THIS clearly shows u DON'T KNOW wat ur talking abt!d VERY 1st Type R spirit car was d NSX-R...thn came d Integra DC2R n also it's 4door sibling,d Integra DB8R......thn came Civic EK9.....la8 on came d Civic EP3R...Integra DC5R....thn only came d Civic FD2R whc is a 4dr "sedan".(i'm not listing d FN2R coz i din like it!haahhahhah)..SO,whc part of d Type R is ACTUALLY based on a 4door platform?even if u 1na argue dat d FD2R is "based" on d garden variety FD2 Civic,u better go do ur homework coz both d chasis r totally different..go search wat Keiichi Tsuchiya said whn he 1st test drove d 4dr FD2R!

thn,came anoda statement frm u whc sounded like dis--->"Accept the fact that Type-Rs can't and can never compete with Skylines & FQ400 Evos.. "

ooo..yes,i DO accept dat Type Rs can't compete w those models becoz simpley they r in DIFFERENT class!u got buy a Skylie/FQ400s EVOs(BUT r u saying even d might NSX-R kenot compete w dis models oso?u SURE???!!!),thn u come race w my Type "Rowjak"..any discipline(drag,track,autocross,touge)...let's say u win lar..u go kompang d whole city lar...got glory meh?goodness gracious!

now i really wonder wat type of RICE u eat?can make u go high 1,is it?hahahahahhaha
all in all,yes,ur entitled 2 ur opinions..but kindly get ur facts straight.....i'm not Honda fan....but whn u twist d facts abt Type R or even d DOHC VTEC/iVTEC technology..der's whn i start 2 get pissed off coz i'm a fan of both!

cheers

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

continental drifter,
wei..take note arr..u n ur GENUINE Civic Type R....d nex time ur on track whn u approach a Skyline/EVO,kindly SLOW DOWN,ok?ur NOT supposed 2 compete w them,remember?hahahahaha

subcon,
u oso same..wether ur gonna de-virginize ur GENUINE Civic Type R n finally bring it down 2 SIC or not.pls remember..DO NOT compete w Skylines/EVOs coz i know u can..kapish?hahahah

lightningfield,
eh..i think i'm gonna start charging royalty fees oredy....still using dat picture meh?dat pilot is me wei,u remember or not?so,ur GENUINE Type R Integra wanna compete w any Skylines/EVOs or not?wakakakkakakaka

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As mentioned in the title, what is the cause and what am I looking at to replace/repair?

Please check out the attachment for reference. The nut which is circled in white is the problem.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience