Hissing Sound

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
generally, nope... not the most practical car around... and apparently none other than me likes driving around in a car without the ac, very strange :hmmmm:

no ac, rain datang.... have to drive faster.... if caught out, habis, stuck parking somewhere no diferent from a bike, cukur i atleast have a roof!
Just now I tried driving without AC after work around 6pm. Feels so suffocating inside my car after like almost 10 minutes. Morning is okay, can drive all the way to work without AC. 35-40 minutes drive.

If rain, you can try driving a while and later wipe the vapour from your windshield. :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I only drive without air con when I need to rev pass 5k RPM......lol
Is it bad for the air cond if you leave it on at high RPM? I only heard before about 4G92 MIVEC air cond belt might not stand it when revving it to 8k RPM.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is it bad for the air cond if you leave it on at high RPM? I only heard before about 4G92 MIVEC air cond belt might not stand it when revving it to 8k RPM.
Yup, might damaged the compressor faster and with the compressor off, better power also,,,,,,lol:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
oops havent sent it in, atm primary target is to get all the bodywork done.... can finally get the car painted in 2-3 weeks time, only have a 2-3 month time frame to get it done... hmm probably should let give fazidk a pm soon

ehh.... i thought the ac will cut off above a certain rpm... otherwise kantoilah...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
oops havent sent it in, atm primary target is to get all the bodywork done.... can finally get the car painted in 2-3 weeks time, only have a 2-3 month time frame to get it done... hmm probably should let give fazidk a pm soon

ehh.... i thought the ac will cut off above a certain rpm... otherwise kantoilah...
Newer cars got rev cut, but have not heard of compressor high rpm cut....:hmmmm:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Newer cars got rev cut, but have not heard of compressor high rpm cut....:hmmmm:
oops... maybe it was a pressure cutoff... alamak means the compressor would be spinning at those silly speeds

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
oops... maybe it was a pressure cutoff... alamak means the compressor would be spinning at those silly speeds
Compressor cut have but to what I know is:-
1) when reach set temperature
2) when gas is low or no gas

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
And I rev to 6k RPM before with air cond on ever since I changed my extractor. Last time before that, I tend to switch it off because I need more power. Now with more power gained from the extractor, I din't bother to switch off the air cond anymore. This is bad. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
And I rev to 6k RPM before with air cond on ever since I changed my extractor. Last time before that, I tend to switch it off because I need more power. Now with more power gained from the extractor, I din't bother to switch off the air cond anymore. This is bad. :banghead:
Even got extra power, with air con on, still will take some power from your engine.......lol:biggrin:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Sadly, the hissing sound was actually the air con compressor. It was "Black Death". I just changed the compressor in Sept 2015.

However, there is no more load even when air con is on but a slight sound under the steering which resonance at 80km/h.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I think modern cars nowadays, usually will cut off the compressor if you are doing full throttle but yea old one have to manually off lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu,

My Viva battery leak quite serious, battery's base melted, all the paint is coming out, mechs all telling to replace battery to dry one, but so many friends dry battery dead just 7 months or so (mine "wet battery" last atleast 1 year plus).
Any idea how to solve this? my batt. just 8 months old. googled the prob. saying probably alternater overcharge the batt. if overcharge can be solve by installing voltage regulator? or grounding cable kit? please help! I dun have so much...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience