CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro, did you ask them the reason why they changed it and based on the service manual, it should be quite standard right? I believe you haven't floored it yet to the max since this is your 1st service? Do you plan to go to Proton service center for all your car services or only go there for 1st~3rd services?

Guys..
service centre is giving 15W-50 engine oil for my CPS..
Why is 15W but or 10W or 5W ??
Totally different from service manual one?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Bro, did you ask them the reason why they changed it and based on the service manual, it should be quite standard right? I believe you haven't floored it yet to the max since this is your 1st service? Do you plan to go to Proton service center for all your car services or only go there for 1st~3rd services?
I think after 10k km service ( 3rd service ), I will no longer with service centre as labour charge minimum is RM 60++
I had asked him why 15w-50 .. he said is recommended by Proton.
Btw, since my car have to service at 5k km again,
So, no point to go high end engine oil yet :biggrin:
After 10k km, I will go for 5w-30

black_ice

Known Member
May 12, 2005
K.L
But if your car not serviced by service centre, will this void the warranty?

I think after 10k km service ( 3rd service ), I will no longer with service centre as labour charge minimum is RM 60++

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
That is what I did for my Y2000 GTI as well. After the 3rd service, I just went to my mechanic for regular service...I was not too worried about the warranty as I took the risk of unwarranted parts later on...I used 10W-40 with fully synthetic oil and it looked good though.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
But if your car not serviced by service centre, will this void the warranty?

After 10k km, a lot of parts are not included into warranty list.
So, no point to stick with SC for the long Q and expensive service charge.:biggrin:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Boyzone, it has been awhile since the last time we talked about your new ride. How are things going and it seems the CPS 'thing' has slowed down :P

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro, what is the reason you said that? Because of quality or what....

I will kill whoever buy this car

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbbHI3tJ5A&feature=related

Honda power...if only Proton can do that...beat that MIVEC...

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdc3PIqe_9c&feature=related

If ONLY my car could be like that...I love the sound when the turbo sucks in the air...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Boyzone, it has been awhile since the last time we talked about your new ride. How are things going and it seems the CPS 'thing' has slowed down :P
Hi Dude,

I'm back :biggrin:
Now I feed my CPS with 5W-40 Honda V-tec Lev engine oil on my 2nd service..
and the result is sweet ... :adore:
Btw, the 2nd service is performed on outside workshop...

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Hey Bro, good to hear from you again. What makes you to choose this engine oil? It helps in the mid-end? Have you tried Motul 6100+ with 5W-40 also? I am using it now and driving from KL to Ipoh with average speed of 185k/h wasn't an issue at all...Engine temperature was consistent and there was no power lagging also. You broke my record for taking the care for outside service...I did that after my 3rd service and you, did it in 2nd service..:adore: Any other modifications so far with your CPS? Did you see one of the videos that I posted yesterday? VTEC Turbo is damn powerful and unsure whether heavily modified CPS can even match that performance...

Hi Dude,

I'm back :biggrin:
Now I feed my CPS with 5W-40 Honda V-tec Lev engine oil on my 2nd service..
and the result is sweet ... :adore:
Btw, the 2nd service is performed on outside workshop...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
LCP is my next project. :biggrin:
after that will slowly go to drop in high flow air filter, spark plug and a set of CP-F
light weight rim.

V-tec turbo is a burn $$$ project,
turbo hardware part is cheap but time spanding, tuning and internal part upgrade will kill u.
I have 1 member did on his mivec turbo, total spanding ( with record ) is RM19K.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Should go for basic upgrade first...have you tested the top speed? In this world, there are many kinds of people...some guys modify a little bit but some guys modify until there is no light at the end of the tunnel. VTEC turbo is still damn powerful...and it has to be respected in many ways. My personal opinion...CPS isn't a match for VTEC...but poor people like me still have to hang on to Proton...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Should go for basic upgrade first...have you tested the top speed? In this world, there are many kinds of people...some guys modify a little bit but some guys modify until there is no light at the end of the tunnel. VTEC turbo is still damn powerful...and it has to be respected in many ways. My personal opinion...CPS isn't a match for VTEC...but poor people like me still have to hang on to Proton...

CPS not only can't match with VTEC, even though MIVEC as well.:adore:
Btw, the purpose of CPS is LEV + reasonable power.
It could be said that same concept with LEV single cam VTEC ( Jazz /City ).
Today, ppl mindset is changed, what they look for is LEV.
U have to forget those agressive engines such B series & DOHC Mivec.
Heavy mod is because of they have a hobby on the ultimate machine :biggrin:
My top speed? din try yet as I staying in Penang island.. no long distance highway for me to test :biggrin::driver:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Petrol has just increased by another 0.05cents...so, better be gentle on the pedal. I thought all this while, you are in KL...you are in Penang..which part? So, do you go to Northen Garage near Sg Ara? VTEC for Jazz/City is not VTEC la...powerless but save fuel though..

CPS not only can't match with VTEC, even though MIVEC as well.:adore:
Btw, the purpose of CPS is LEV + reasonable power.
It could be said that same concept with LEV single cam VTEC ( Jazz /City ).
Today, ppl mindset is changed, what they look for is LEV.
U have to forget those agressive engines such B series & DOHC Mivec.
Heavy mod is because of they have a hobby on the ultimate machine :biggrin:
My top speed? din try yet as I staying in Penang island.. no long distance highway for me to test :biggrin::driver:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Petrol has just increased by another 0.05cents...so, better be gentle on the pedal. I thought all this while, you are in KL...you are in Penang..which part? So, do you go to Northen Garage near Sg Ara? VTEC for Jazz/City is not VTEC la...powerless but save fuel though..
I'm in Penang Greenland area.

Bro,
VTEC for Jazz / City is still under VTEC technology.
Just operate with SOHC + LEV.
So, power deliver is soft compare with DOHC + high drinker. :biggrin:
Recently seldom go to performance shop as saving $$$ for my camera ... :biggrin:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro,
Greenlane or green land?

I used to stay nearby Northern garage last time and I used to visit the shop frequently as there were many nice cars with superb modifications...the boss is nice and friendly. Maybe, we could meet up when I visit Penang one day :burnout:You like photographing too? From CPS to Camera...what a shift...

I'm in Penang Greenland area.

Bro,
VTEC for Jazz / City is still under VTEC technology.
Just operate with SOHC + LEV.
So, power deliver is soft compare with DOHC + high drinker. :biggrin:
Recently seldom go to performance shop as saving $$$ for my camera ... :biggrin:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
cant compare with those vtec o mivec coz its not performance engine...muz specify which vtec tat r in the topic,o which vvti....those old b series o 4age doesnt have 2 meet the current low emission stuff like tat...n they r performance engine...honda city vtec is also vtec but the cam degree when switch juz not as drastic when comparing 2 the old b series bcoz at tat time honda's target is to make 100hp per liter..
if u got all the money u can custom order forged internals for cps and then turbo it to beat those vtec as well

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro, technology is changing to another gear. For proton, they have EVO wannabe but for Honda, they also have VTEC wannabe :proud: If I got money, I would buy a Bugatti Veyron ..haha... we don't hear small CPS or big CPS like the Honda...Honda City claims to have FC like 8cents/km...is that true?

cant compare with those vtec o mivec coz its not performance engine...muz specify which vtec tat r in the topic,o which vvti....those old b series o 4age doesnt have 2 meet the current low emission stuff like tat...n they r performance engine...honda city vtec is also vtec but the cam degree when switch juz not as drastic when comparing 2 the old b series bcoz at tat time honda's target is to make 100hp per liter..
if u got all the money u can custom order forged internals for cps and then turbo it to beat those vtec as well

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Bro,
Greenlane or green land?

I used to stay nearby Northern garage last time and I used to visit the shop frequently as there were many nice cars with superb modifications...the boss is nice and friendly. Maybe, we could meet up when I visit Penang one day :burnout:You like photographing too? From CPS to Camera...what a shift...
Is Greenlane there :biggrin:
Yes.. photography is my another hobby after automotive :love:
Save $$$ for my DSLR body upgrade :biggrin:

Last edited: