alfa 147 2.0 or neo CPS

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

which one reach genting first? (neglecting driver skill)

• alfa 147

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo CPS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Set the specs aside...

1. Alfa Romeo
2. Proton

Just by the name, the result is already clear...

In terms of performance, well, especially for a hill, don't just look at the hp. Torque is important. Neo has high hp just because it can rev good. But in terms of torque, a 1.6 will always be 1.6. There is no compare with a 2.0

max327

Aug 16, 2010
N/A
well, what japanese car is comparable to these both? i know EK could beat this in term of power, but the price is quite high compare to it is older than both of this. any other japanese model?
in the first place, i think comparing the 147 2.0 and neo cps is a bit of comparing papaya to apple.

so, how about suzuki swift sport vs neo cps. which one reach genting first?

both 1600cc, around 125hp.

sinister_sid

Sep 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I guess Neo CPS still not enough to tapau Alfa 147 yet,
Neo CPS R3, yesss babeh!! :thefinger:
dumb ass
if like this better compare top of range satria neo limited edition green with top of range alfa 147 gta v6 3.2 la :banghead:

cannot believe people here praised about satria neo handling better than a 147 and the European car will tend to sit in workshop like the old days
really doubt they drivin a alfa or they just a proud neo owner :adore:
really alot bullshit in zth :adore:

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I n terms of reliability Honda, Mitsubishi, Slowbaru, Toyota will top the list....bottom of the list would be the likes of Audis,Alfas, Land Rovers etc.
And I am not bashing anybody.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah..... european cars are 'famous' for high maintenance when they get older probably due to expensive spare parts (coz exchange rate/ transportation cost) or limited spare parts. That's y second hand value for jap cars are higher.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Anyone here owns a 147? Care to shed some light on the maintenance? Vy costly? Parts fail vy fast?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
how can a fwd car like neo, without LSD somemore can be comparable to alfa 147 in corners? ayam skeptikal:hmmmm:

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
l2Sturbo-please get to italiaauto.net to understand more. You interests in the 1.6 Manual or 147 Selespeed 2.0? Very malas respond but please go research. Whats expensive to some is cheap to other vice versa.

Neohadri-nothing to be skeptical about. I can personally vouch for that. But I have also tasted the Neo Lotus/R3 and been pleasantly surprised.There are other good drives too out there you know.
The neo r3/S2000 are winning in various FIA sanctioned events in Group S/N as well being sold in Japan beating Mitsus/Subaru etc etc in these events. Just google Cusco/WRC etc. Just because it isnt a luxury brand and made by MALAYSIANS doesnt mean it cant be tuned to be a great ride. you might be surprised that there are good Engineering tuners/racer boys with technical knowledge in our own Malaysia.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I'm interested on the 147 selespeed 2.0.. ok will do..

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
if u can maintain an italian car, which is way expensive than msian car, its ok. the price might be cheap bbut the maintance, only alfa enthusiast would know. if u know where to look parts, where to service, then its good. but dont cmpare the comfort and all that with proton. if u compare proton with perodua pon, stil perodua wins. hahah depends on u. if u can maintain one of the high maintanence continental car, then go for it. i tell u, alfa is much expensive to maintain than mercedes, bmw etc..

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how can a fwd car like neo, without LSD somemore can be comparable to alfa 147 in corners? ayam skeptikal:hmmmm:
Don't underestimate the Satria Neo CPS .... at 1st i also think like that but once i tried,i pretty impress with it's handling ~

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Well the alfa 147 or 156 are relatively older cars, you might run into wear tear.
The Selespeed is a superb system but you might run into problems that might turn expensive.
So best bought from good owners who know their ride in and out. Italiaauto.net is a great place or Arockv or aroc Malaysia . The key niggles is the timing belt kit that needs replacing 40k kms...cost abt 1.5k. The suspension arm front probably need replacement every 70k kms abt 3k. These are main irritants but fuel pump, variator(cam profile shifter), are considered normal wear tear items.
Honestly for the high performance expectations and pleasure there is a price. If you buy a 2nd hand Selespeed keep 10 k handy in below average buys. But there owners that love their rides and very technical letting go...best only bought from them.

Buuuuuut I disagree with jien on other brands like BMW,Volvo, merc...if you go to the service centers where only they stk parts for newer cars less than 5 yrs in market, it isn't cheap. Things that break won't be like alfas...it will be electronics of the gearbox, abs, turbos, fuel issues air cons etc etc. all brands have their own foibles .that too is from experience.
Advise dabble in things that are within yr means...rest work harder for it.:idea:

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well the alfa 147 or 156 are relatively older cars, you might run into wear tear.
The Selespeed is a superb system but you might run into problems that might turn expensive.
So best bought from good owners who know their ride in and out. Italiaauto.net is a great place or Arockv or aroc Malaysia . The key niggles is the timing belt kit that needs replacing 40k kms...cost abt 1.5k. The suspension arm front probably need replacement every 70k kms abt 3k. These are main irritants but fuel pump, variator(cam profile shifter), are considered normal wear tear items.
Honestly for the high performance expectations and pleasure there is a price. If you buy a 2nd hand Selespeed keep 10 k handy in below average buys. But there owners that love their rides and very technical letting go...best only bought from them.

Buuuuuut I disagree with jien on other brands like BMW,Volvo, merc...if you go to the service centers where only they stk parts for newer cars less than 5 yrs in market, it isn't cheap. Things that break won't be like alfas...it will be electronics of the gearbox, abs, turbos, fuel issues air cons etc etc. all brands have their own foibles .that too is from experience.
Advise dabble in things that are within yr means...rest work harder for it.:idea:
i've owned a 146 ti, definately theres no timing belt issues since its using timing chain.. later i bought a 155, still a timing chain engine, gives me no problem at all.

what i meant was, if you compare the parts price. like BMW fuel pump and Alfa's. the price is a gap. i didnt say how many parts u need to change for every service.

now i bought an e34 single vanos, and still, a timing chain engine. no problem. if u r into new car, sure theres a lot of electronical issues. if u want a newer model, u should do a research. like bmw, theres a few model that would give less problem like the e39, despite the look of the car. alfa 33, 75,146, 145, 164, 155, not much of electronic problems since older car uses less electronics.

like u said, everything comes with a price.
i said, if u want more, pay more.:thefinger:

Last edited:

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
lol..Jien you must have used the 146 Ti for a very short period.
The TS engines are all Timing belts. The 8V 1.8/2.0 were timing chains and last was in 1995..unless you got an engine swap done. All the newer alfas are timing chains again.

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
lol..Jien you must have used the 146 Ti for a very short period.
The TS engines are all Timing belts. The 8V 1.8/2.0 were timing chains and last was in 1995..unless you got an engine swap done. All the newer alfas are timing chains again.
haha howdo u knowso much? yes its a swap :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience