advise on vr4 and gsr

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
mag,4 lamp post....that 200 meter right?damn that was fast....:adore:
very very fast... dyno out on wheel at boost 1.3bar onli have 400bhp liao...
somemore his rpm red line is very wired.. at 9k one...hehehehe...
very miss that car coz sell off liao... really a monster and then heard have set to 1.9bar before.. car can not even go coz using front wheel only...really salute those using 63 engine:adore:

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Ya la bro... Use 4G67 block might be endorsable, but as Miton said, we'll stuck at 1997cc onli.

Never mind, while buying evo3 halfcut, what the important thing do I have to take note? I will go with someone who pretty good in this kinda mods, but I oso want to know a lil bit bout the precaution of choosing the right and good items...

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
First and foremost...i am not married...yet. :mad:

I'm retired, yes. Guess most of the old members here in ZTH either gone for comfortable standard cars, or they upgraded. As for me, i started to feel the fear of driving the car in full power. That made me sold off all my stuffs to those who are willing to go further with my "stock standard" engine. Hehe...still, i crave for a JDM supercar with 4 wheel drive, 2 litre engine and a big momma turbo...haha

Let me comment on some stuffs:

most of us met each other online one way or the other, met in TT sessions or through friends among friends, in each other's workshop, talked on the phone numerous times. why we clicked? because we have the same collective understanding...we love 4G63 with turbo. we love to whack the bejesus out of the engine and squirt every last breath of it for more horsepower by hook or by crook. Some go for stock boost up, some go for forged internals and bigger turbo, some gone bonkers and plonked in a 4G64 2.4 block with race cams and the biggest streetable turbos and use it just to go pasar beli bawang putih bawang merah... :biggrin:

I wont say much further about which engine is better as you guys have already debated about it non stop and none is right or wrong. no matter it's an old 20 year old design (the first 4G63 came out as SOHC turbos before being revised to DOHC for the E39a Galant VR-4 in the early 90s) or newer, 15 year old design (it's been around since 1993 for the 4G93), a complete overhaul of the said engine will bring it back to its pristine life. so no point banging each other about who is older or who is younger or who is lighter. Specs sheet dont lie and common sense will tell you which can be heavily modded, which one can be used as a stock standard lightweight daily driver. there is no firm answer...just your own decisions. We are here to help you decide. not to flame

Lastly, please...do not pandai pandai convert and buat bodoh and drive around without registering the engine. nowadays i heard alot of converted cars with newbies crash into innocent drivers, pedestrians and even into buildings. Insurance is to help you during emergency times. not because it's a law. Not to mention you lose your car straightaway on the spot in JPJ blocks. If you think that money can settle everything then fine...go ahead. Be a responsible car nut, not a car rempit.

Lastly to GSR06: thanks for your comment. really woke me up from a deep slumber here in ZTH. a few years ago i would have wrote an essay on your statement but nowadays i keep it simple :

you do not know who am i. others here do. who wins?

Regards to all. old man talk too much already...need to go back to bed and :sleep:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Ya la bro... Use 4G67 block might be endorsable, but as Miton said, we'll stuck at 1997cc onli.

Never mind, while buying evo3 halfcut, what the important thing do I have to take note? I will go with someone who pretty good in this kinda mods, but I oso want to know a lil bit bout the precaution of choosing the right and good items...
errr vr4 , evo's are all 1997cc not 2000cc :P

wht do u mean by stuck :P lol

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
errr vr4 , evo's are all 1997cc not 2000cc :P

wht do u mean by stuck :P lol
Errr...I mean I'll stuck at 1997cc with 4G67 conversion.

cos i parking at roadside double signal let you pass mar cos waste my petrol only ...no point chasing jin's fighter plane mar :mad:

but still you're stuck at 1997cc with 4G67 conversion.

with proper 4G63 we can still go for 2323 stroker wat...
:flute:

correct me if i'm wrong...i am just a small kuchi rat here...

Last edited:

dizazter_rs

Dec 5, 2005
b4 this im using 4g63 engine..it's really a powerfull engine if u modified it.even stock standard also u can feel the power..if u kaki racing+modified punya kaki better use this engine,if u want something just for fun better use the 4g93t.now im using 4g93t,still have power(not the same as 4g63)but is save me more money on fuel coz i used the car for work+go back hometown every week..can u afford to drive a 400bhp car for 800km journey ever week??:confused: ...sure get bankrupt so easily..

P/s:no needto waste your money la guys.save your money n guna untuk
kawin lagi baik..at least ada wife boleh gak romen2 bila malam..:biggrin: :aetsch:

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
My car is my 1st wife beb...hahaha

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
b4 this im using 4g63 engine..it's really a powerfull engine if u modified it.even stock standard also u can feel the power..if u kaki racing+modified punya kaki better use this engine,if u want something just for fun better use the 4g93t.now im using 4g93t,still have power(not the same as 4g63)but is save me more money on fuel coz i used the car for work+go back hometown every week..can u afford to drive a 400bhp car for 800km journey ever week??:confused: ...sure get bankrupt so easily..

P/s:no needto waste your money la guys.save your money n guna untuk
kawin lagi baik..at least ada wife boleh gak romen2 bila malam..:biggrin: :aetsch:
bt errr 22 is far away from marriage kakakakakka :P
buying boquet flowers for ur wife is like refilling NOS tank
buying gold chain for her is like buying high cams err but high cams u buy only once lolx
bringing her for holiday = one nice turbo
makan malam at hotels = 1 nice grippy tyre
bt errr , everynite u dont pay ur wife :P lolx kakakakka , thts the only advantage
eh dint mean to offend u :D just joking bro
bt errr, wait till ur wife give birth :D , lolx , = fixing standalone ecu :P

Last edited:

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
a 400hp properly tuned machine only guzzles 400km per tankful. that's with mixed driving in rural roads, town jams and highway traffic. based on current fuel price, my tank can only whack RM 65 to the brim. you do the math. not bad wat.

it's not the price of fuel or how much you spend on petrol. if you cant afford the fuel consumption you should stick to standard cars. kuda boleh lari laju tapi tak bagi makan rumput...hehehe..especially since you said your 4G63 got 400 kudas last time.

the same as driving evos and skylines. They wont even talk about their fuel consumptions. Lucky our proton body light and not many of us running fulltime 4WD. if not you all lagi bising.

dizazter_rs

Dec 5, 2005
btw....for 1.3/1.5/1.6 proton satria or wira there is still hope to be 4g63 family...buy the EVO engine+using 4g61 block rite?:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Halo bro....
Can any help me....
I have a mitsubishi triton l200
i have just installed a blowoff valve but it does not blowoff
do any of u guys know wer to coonect the pressure pipe.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience