1JZ-GTE or RB20/25?? which one wei?!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
blackie:
dont forget the moolah factor bro. of course the heritage will be broken, but just think about the RUNNING COSTS of these legendary engines, not to mention their reliability (or lack of it :P ), and did i mention halfcut price and parts availability? RB20 airflow kong? get a Z32 airflow, repair n upgrade at the same time. 1jz front turbo kong? get a single turbokit hehehe. what if ur fuel divider of ur 190E kong(sold my 190E because of never-ending issues on the fuel divider) yeah u can go straight to multipoint injection conversion using megasquirt but do check out the quotations...

anyway thats not a sore loser statement. thats a statement of a purist. of course deep down inside us, almost everyone wish that we could be a purist (mini using jack knight engine parts instead of vtec, E30 using S50 engine instead of SR20 etc etc) but the cost of japanised project will be significantly cheaper, at the expense of the originality of the marque...

Even i got some "nice" comments from nissan purists when i said i wanted to transplant a toyota engine in my nissan. and thats a jap engine in a jap car!

p/s not trying to pick up argument with u bro. cheers!:biggrin:

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
wohoo...i also got one E34 sitting at home...hurmmm...was thinking wanna dump in japs engine......1jz/rb25...hurmmm.....:adore::adore:

drsyakirin

Dec 20, 2006
merzw1261jzgte.blogspot.com
latest trip from permatang pauh to s alam (after finished election) yesterday, i just smoke away the BMW 530i ( i think the latest model E60) juz like that. the beemers cant beat the accelaration of my merj 1j.. i can 'cocok' him from the back and overtake.. by the external of my car may look like almost 25 years old, but by heart... it did it.. i think the owner would sell the beemers once he arrived at home.. hehehe... japan won!

then, juz now i browsed about the specs of bmw 530i.. hp only 225, and the torque not more than 300 nm..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
then the 530i owner will say in defeat "that car can beat me in speed, but not in style" thats what they always say when they get beaten hahaha

drsyakirin

Dec 20, 2006
merzw1261jzgte.blogspot.com
now i think my initial investment of more than 20k of engine swapping is very worthful... and very wise decision making , furthermore by worth is actually more than 400k!!! ( can beat bm E60 530i maaa....):proud:

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
hello!

haha it's certainly been awhile eh? anyways ya i went for the toyota corona TT141 with 1JZ heart way. it will be outta da workshop in a few days. it's taken awhile cos there were some fuckin' unexpected tech difficulties n sourcing parts etc... i will post some pics soon when the car's nicely sprayed n all done up. mmm in my opinion it IS quite an ugly car and it's got da 'ah pek' look but i got it cos it's a cheapo car la. it is already running at da moment n i jus did a friendly drag run wit my fren's nissan bluebird SSS powered by RB25 n fairly modded. he got smoked until cannot explain so i'm kind of happy about da performance. better than i expected =) but then again maybe his car's a lot heavier??

anyhow, i managed 2 get a 1JZ manual clip from a toyota soarer, and upon my mech's recommendation it's combined with a 2JZ block. i've changed the small twin turbos to a larger single KKK 27 and 'widescreen tv intercooler' and everything's run by a LT10s microtech ecu. the 1JZ radiator was a bit screwed up so i'm using a toyota camry radiator. i modded the rear knuckles to 5-lug PCD 114.3 so i can fit very wide negative offset rims. about it really nothin' much else so i'm hoping it'll prove to be a good daily driver with a bit of power la.

tq for everyone's comments/advice here. car'll be done soon!

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
black. heard you have the rps 6puck and cover. is your cover pull type or push type?

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
and i smell something not right here in this thread.:rolleyes:

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
vex: any pics to share?
got bro dont wory will post soon. car's in paint shop nw baking after tat should be presentable enuff 2 show off some pics =) stay tuned!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The start of the first day was, of course, rather early for the organizing team. The team was at the drive's first rendezvous point: Proton’s Centre of Excellence in Shah Alam right before sunrise.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience