KL
Stock mivec high lift cam is only 280 woh.. otherwise i kena cheated again LOL

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
Hi All,

just want to share..

almost 3 years already using mivec CK on waja..
last year (apr 2007) re-bore to 1.8..

just using e-manage.. works fine wif me

i didn't really understand with this tuning/piggyback thingy.. but my mech. said there's still plenty i can do with e-manage alone..

regards

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
Stock mivec high lift cam is only 280 woh.. otherwise i kena cheated again LOL
quite adamant its 300.....got this info from 4gtuners last time (in red)

Mivec stock cam profile

mivec low lobe(low rpm)
Ex 232
IN 228

Mivec high lobe(mivec engage/open)
Ex 285
In 300

my mech did measure the cam degrees b4 n confirmed its 300......just to share.....cheerzz... :)

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
:O 300 means i should be hitting more than 9000rpm... unless i got it all wrong :P

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
200 on engine is it? that wan i give n take 20% edi lu.. 200 on wheel 1.6... pull till what 10k?? hahaha

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
:O 300 means i should be hitting more than 9000rpm... unless i got it all wrong :P
ya, maybe you should....who knows u might hit 220whp since a 272 in a 1.6 Mivec can hit 200whp.....:adore:...hehehehe

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
same feeling as you mate, even tho i've already sold mine away.......

contreasjun27: any idea whats the lift of the so called 272 high cam from Japan...??......coz Mivec stock cam already 300, i suspect the lift must be really HIGH......:hmmmm:
hahahaha shit...all i know is the cam is 272...but lift i really not sure lerr...mayb3xx sorry i cant confirm...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Hi All,

just want to share..

almost 3 years already using mivec CK on waja..
last year (apr 2007) re-bore to 1.8..

just using e-manage.. works fine wif me

i didn't really understand with this tuning/piggyback thingy.. but my mech. said there's still plenty i can do with e-manage alone..

regards
if u using normal emanage then the tuning will be limited for mivec...
but if u use the emanage that got the variable valve timing thingy which is the latest emange then there is alot of tuning can be done on ur mivec engine...

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
U talking about E-manage ultimate? 200whp.. seriously I'm dem interested in looking at the dyno chart.. which version of MIVEC? first generation or second??

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
he's referring to V-Manage, which has additional control over the VVT of latest generation Mivecs....but 1st/2nd gen Mivecs dun have VVT, only VVL wor....hmmm....anyway, i'm interested to look at the dyno charts too, wanna know whats the torque like and at what RPM does this amazing 1.6 makes it 200whp........or at least list the mods done to the car......

Last edited:

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
200 on wheel lah bro...no joke...using emanage the latest emange that got the extra function for the variable valve timing thingy one...
as far as gen 1 and gen 2 mivec is concern, it does not have variable valve timing, only lift and the lift also not to say really variable, more like a 2 stage lift. high lift and low lift. so how does that extra function on the emanage give ur frens mivec engine more power when the engine itself don't even have variable valve timing?

bro, u shud go read more abt the engine 1st. maybe ur fren bullshitting u or something. but anyways, the best way to proof it is..the dynochart :)

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
im not saying e-manage not good, but the e-manage ultimate just burn my friends B16A ECU, from what i think, a standalone is best for long term, because it has mapping and piggy back don't, normally they just tune the Air flow system in the piggy back, but for a more effective control you need a mapping system the adjust the amount of fuel at dfferent RPM like more lean on lower speed and richer on higher speed. I might be wrong. correction is welcome.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
Being a piggyback, Emanage Ultimate's mapping capability is almost as good as a standalone as u can get....but of coz there's still limitations as its still essentially a piggyback, more powerful than the Blue or AFC+ITC tho.........as for it burning ECU's, it could b due to alot of factors and not from the Emanage alone.....

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
he's referring to V-Manage, which has additional control over the VVT of latest generation Mivecs....but 1st/2nd gen Mivecs dun have VVT, only VVL wor....hmmm....anyway, i'm interested to look at the dyno charts too, wanna know whats the torque like and at what RPM does this amazing 1.6 makes it 200whp........or at least list the mods done to the car......
yes baby u are so expert hahaha...is Vmanage...sigh all my knowledge rusty dy ever since i left msia for oversea studies hahahah...
hmm if i can find the dyno chart from him then i'll try to post up lah ok...hehe:biggrin:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
as far as gen 1 and gen 2 mivec is concern, it does not have variable valve timing, only lift and the lift also not to say really variable, more like a 2 stage lift. high lift and low lift. so how does that extra function on the emanage give ur frens mivec engine more power when the engine itself don't even have variable valve timing?

bro, u shud go read more abt the engine 1st. maybe ur fren bullshitting u or something. but anyways, the best way to proof it is..the dynochart :)
LOL i'll ask my friend to provide dyno chart then...btw is a Mivec CK engine...terbalik version

actually the tuner is good dats y can tune the car so well...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Being a piggyback, Emanage Ultimate's mapping capability is almost as good as a standalone as u can get....but of coz there's still limitations as its still essentially a piggyback, more powerful than the Blue or AFC+ITC tho.........as for it burning ECU's, it could b due to alot of factors and not from the Emanage alone.....
yup i strongly agree what spyderslr say...i've been using Emanage for more than a year and it doesnt cost me any problem...
maybe is becoz the tuner tune wrongly???

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
great...!!...will wait in anticipation for u dyno graph.....i guess some of us do too......

just some figures to digest tho, 200whp could = approx. 230-240hp on crank of the engine......tats massive amount of power from a 1.6 considering a Formula Atlantic 4AGE makes 240hp on crank @ >10krpm...... :) ....if a mivec can do tat, i'll be happy to see that happen.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all car enthusiast,

My friend's 2009 new Camry just stolen today 07 October 2009, around 4-6pm!!!

Crime information:
=============
Location: The Mines Heritage Condo (The car park at the car park downstairs), Serdang area
Time: 4-6pm
Model: 2009 Camry 2.4 Full specs
Color: White
Number Plate: XXXBBBB

The guard is really useless, I guess he see the thief drive the car out just like that??

All car enthusiast if you see this car please call. Hope all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience