Where to buy & how much: Proton front wheel bearing

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi there,

I need to replace my front wheel bearing for my 1996 1.6 satria. Any suggestion on where I can get it? I asked Proton Service, the price for one is RM260. So, for both it would be RM520. So, I decided not buy MMC one becoz its too expensive I guess.

Looking for shops around PJ/Shah Alam area coz I work and live there respectively. Thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
proton part was expensive...

MMC part wasn't proton...u can source out from many sparepart shop....

if u wasn't sure the number code just tell the sparepart shop your car was satria 1.6 1996 (1st model) they all very familiar with proton models.......

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
After I buy, can just go to any workshop and change it.. right? Labour charge can't be so expensive I guess..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if satria is easy, the bearing comes together with the hub if not mistaken,
just plug & play..
for perdana need to press the bearing out of the hub & fit the new ones in...
quite leceh.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
haha.. i cannot remember how much the labour exactly when changing the bearing, coz its 8 years ago. but, i remember went to a workshop in PJ, had it checked and verified, and let the workshop order the item. i guess i paid more that way, but just to be sure i got the correct parts and less hassle. that time, i have used my satria very heavily since i work and stationed in kedah (HQ in PJ), to cover the whole northern region from kedah to perlis. i remember one time, i have to service my car only after 10 days, since already travelled 5000kms!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Then 20 to 30, now cannot get already.......lol
For my BLM, its around that for one side. I changed my rear bearing last year. RM 50 and above is too expensive as removing the rear drum is too easy and the slightly difficult part is pressing the old bearing out and new bearing in. Most workshop dont bother to buy a hydraulic press thus they pay others to do it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For my BLM, its around that for one side. I changed my rear bearing last year. RM 50 and above is too expensive as removing the rear drum is too easy and the slightly difficult part is pressing the old bearing out and new bearing in. Most workshop dont bother to buy a hydraulic press thus they pay others to do it.
If bearing can be removed and replaced then it will be much cheaper. Some harder to replace will cost more. Those that comes with the whole assembly can cost a few hundred......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some before pictures of the car. The brown stains you see is 7 years old sugarcane juice that had exploded all over the interior.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience