Warped Front Disc Rotors

doob

May 2, 2006
Dudes!!
My front disc rotors is warped. Shall I get them skimmed or get a new pair of rotors?
Any advise would help.

cheers,
doob
A33 VQ20DE

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Re: Wrapped Front Disc Rotors

Get mechanic in your shop to check min. thickness of the disc with micrometer then if it is sufficiently thick you can go ahead and skim it. If not replace with new one.

Do others have this problem? Is it common. Because my A32 VQ30DE has the same problem. and this is the second set. I'm using. I never let any car wash wash the car and spray water when the discs are hot. I never wash the car when hot but the my discs still warp. I still use the OE rims on the car. Is it because the OE rim not enough ventilation. Does anyone who has OE 3Ltr A32 rim and not have warped discs problem?:confused:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

Get mechanic in your shop to check min. thickness of the disc with micrometer then if it is sufficiently thick you can go ahead and skim it. If not replace with new one.

Do others have this problem? Is it common. Because my A32 VQ30DE has the same problem. and this is the second set. I'm using. I never let any car wash wash the car and spray water when the discs are hot. I never wash the car when hot but the my discs still warp. I still use the OE rims on the car. Is it because the OE rim not enough ventilation. Does anyone who has OE 3Ltr A32 rim and not have warped discs problem?:confused:
Since u never let cash wash to spray water to your discs during car wash , i suppose when you drive your car during hot whether, suddenly u experience heavy downpour, your discs would warp too. Just my 2 kupang.

Bump:
Dudes!!
My front disc rotors is wrapped. Shall I get them skimmed or get a new pair of rotors?
Any advise would help.

cheers,
doob
A33 VQ20DE
I would save a bit of money and get myself a vented disc rotor, hehehe...

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur

this thing should design to tahan sudden cool or hot, if not how to brake in sudden rain/snow?

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007

Dear Bro,
Im using the same OE rim's and my disc got warpped too. Send for skimming last month. Cost me Rm 100.

doob

May 2, 2006

Did your mechanic advise to replace the break pads after they skimmed the rotors?
i replaced the pads due to uneven pad surface, maybe it's the pad that cause the wrap rotors in the first place.

doob
A33 VQ20DE-NEO

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007

Acctually I went to change the front brake pad's....and eventually found that the disc warp too. So he advise me to skim the disc first before replacing the new pads. I know this mechanic well..I have been visiting him since the first day I got my a32...It was 4 yrs back....:driver:

Bump: Seizai...are you from Penang?

Bump: Seizai...are you from Penang?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

Did your mechanic advise to replace the break pads after they skimmed the rotors?
i replaced the pads due to uneven pad surface, maybe it's the pad that cause the wrap rotors in the first place.

doob
A33 VQ20DE-NEO
I think im beginning to feel the vibration of the front brakes
after changing to bendix metal king brake pads . I think my discs also warped oledi. A friend of mind told me that bendix metal have good braking qualities but the down side is it will eat up our disc rotors , is it true?

Last edited:

doob

May 2, 2006

Bendix General CT front for A33 - RM110.00
On wheel disc rotor skimming job - RM 80.00 (30mins job)

Total RM 190.00
done at a workshop in Butterworth.

doob

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

Bendix General CT front for A33 - RM110.00
On wheel disc rotor skimming job - RM 80.00 (30mins job)

Total RM 190.00
done at a workshop in Butterworth.

doob
Doob, after skimming any more problems?:biggrin:

doob

May 2, 2006

SB3,

Nope. all good. RM190 well spent.
Better do it while your break pads is still new.
How much is the Metal King for A33 cost?

doob

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

SB3,

Nope. all good. RM190 well spent.
Better do it while your break pads is still new.
How much is the Metal King for A33 cost?

doob
Got it for rm160-00 (in KL)

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006

just make sure don't skim to many time, over doing it will cause ur disc to wrap easy and also may cause leaking because the piston in the caliper are push too much outward.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com

I'm done with original A33 Rotor and Pads.
The Original rotor can't last 1 year and started to warp and crack!
2 Weeks ago, my 2nd set of original rotor is showing signs of warping and break pads also about gone...i decided to swap out the whole brakes (rotor + caliper) and fit in a R32 rotor + 4Pot caliper instead.
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Original Rotor RM700/pair + Ferodo pads RM260.

R32 Rotor+Caliper+workmanship RM1350.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings all,

need help here... as u know, iswara roof gets rusty easily...
sent for repair (plastered with fibre) b4 but it doesn't last long....

think of changing the whole roof... any suggestion on what roof can fit the iswara?? if possible wif sunroof...

TIA guys...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience