Tomei Expreme Ti - Loud sound !

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

My ride is using Tomei Expreme Ti Titanium, but damn loud until my GF also complaint.
Not only outside, but sitting inside also heard clearly.
I haven't try install silencer yet, but I don't think silencer will improve much.

Any suggestion to reduce exhaust noisy sound ? (except change other exhaust brand).

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
My malay fren used to say that the loud exhaust is good to muffle the voice of her ever complaining GF.....:argh:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My malay fren used to say that the loud exhaust is good to muffle the voice of her ever complaining GF.....:argh:
hahahaha...
everytime she starts nagging,drop a gear and press the gas while kept nodding your head.
when she is done,shift up amd continue cruising.
makes one hell of an ad for exhaust.

btw,muffler will help but not much.

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
want to swap with me? :itsme:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahaha...
everytime she starts nagging,drop a gear and press the gas while kept nodding your head.
when she is done,shift up amd continue cruising.
makes one hell of an ad for exhaust.

btw,muffler will help but not much.
if short drive, with loud exhaust is quite fun. esp. during sunday drive.

I guess it wont be fun or sporty anymore, if one has to endure the loudness of the exhaust during long hauls. Imagine driving to Alor Star with the loud exhaust for many hours...pekak oredi when reaching destination...

how come I never seen lambo drivers complain about their cars's exhaust:biggrin:, hor?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I guess it wont be fun or sporty anymore, if one has to endure the loudness of the exhaust during long hauls. Imagine driving to Alor Star with the loud exhaust for many hours...pekak oredi when reaching destination...

how come I never seen lambo drivers complain about their cars's exhaust:biggrin:, hor?
What they call in chinese as want to have 'face'. Even if they don't like the loud sound also I think they won't tell others. Imagine someone buying lambo for showing purposes but complaint about the exhaust volume? That sounds funny to me. :rofl:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

yup fatigue in long drive...
or even in normal non-spirited drive....

not sure about lambo, but certain cars have valve inside exhaust...
low rpm low volume...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Knowing some petrolheads, even though the exhaust setup and sound is OK, they will still meddle with the exhaust, until cannot tahan.....

And at the end, they contemplate install back the ori exhaust setup....:rolleyes:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Silencer worked wonders on my skunk2. I believe it'll work for you.