The Brand of Petrol Might Help a Little..

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
The best way to test each companies FC, empty your car fuel tank first, not drain out(don't misunderstand) by drive until the red light comes out, fill up petrol with the brand you want to test till full. Again drive until red lights come out and fill until full. Repeat this steps for few times. Atleast 5-7 times where first 2 times(flushing your fuel tank) not counted in. Then get the average milage/liter. Then go for second brand. It might take some times to complete this, but this is the only way to test it. By listening to other people's view is not that correct as we can see diff people will say diff have the best FC.
The fuel tank to fill to full is reduce gas vapourise inside the fuel tank, the petrol will absorb back the gas. Maybe it will be heavier, but it will not affect a car's performance. By taking the U97 density of 0.75 and Wira's fuel tank of 40liters(spec from Net), the weight of full tank is only 30kg. To proof my statemnet, you can fill your car during hot day with empty tank and with half tank full. The gas comes out from empty tank will be more than the half full tank.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I think we should start putting what is our car, the FC, what we modified and how we drive, its very subjective just to say brand XXX FC is better and brand ZZZ is lousy.
Mine :
Proton Wira 2003 1.5 manual, 1liter : 12.5km, using Bosch super 4 with 9.5mm plug cable, bypassed exhaust catalytic convertor and average speed at 100-120km/h, daily usage drive on trunk road. Using Mobil/ESSO synergy F-1

my honda EG3

Mar 30, 2006
Petronas is actually a good premium oil. Coz i saw som of the petrol station kept cheating especially when the price arises. THEY'LL mix som lousy oil and make our cars jerky. This makes our engine die even faster.
I count FC is the same way too. Finish the petrol till empty and fill up to full tank. Petronas can tahan 10.4 km/ L

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I don't think they will add kero inside, as kero price now is more expensive than petrol, 1 liter around rm2.++. In KL, Petronas or Shell is the same, they share the same storage tank before load to lorries then to petrol station, only the addatives is diff between them.

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
when is the more appropriate time to fill up ur tank?

i usually fill in midnite @ petronas... coz when cold should be denser rite?

but many ppl sed fill in the morning... whats the reason?

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
as for me,im always out during the nite/midnite...so,never had a chance to compare the timing with mornin fill up's...does it really make a big diff in the timing?

kenshins

Sep 17, 2005
-Earth-
www.kenshins.tk
Wah wah . Neat . My 4g93p can go 150km like dat oni for rm30 . If high-rev , terukz . I think my air filter kacau d. Thinking of changing the air filter d . Haih haih...Any recommendation ? Cheers .

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
kenshins,

150kms at RM30(should get a lil more i guess),...yeah,like u said a change of air filter n also check to know whether u wud need a engine tune up as well .

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Well, as I said earlier, don't care is you top up on daytime or at midnight, it makes no different, the most 1 or 2%, as the temp. of the petrol is still the same, at ambient temp. Unless the petrol station owner put dry ice to cool down the petrol, if not.... I always top up petrol whenever the tank is empty, so I not really care is morning(cold), afternoon(hot) or night(warm). It still gives me FC of 1liter for 12.5km average.
A little bit of topic, and don't take it hard. If after we top up petrol at night and get robbed, is it worth it?

kenshins

Sep 17, 2005
-Earth-
www.kenshins.tk
Ye . My duo funnel need servicing i guess . Will go check it out later after work ;) Btw , i've been thinking of tuning too . But i don't know where to go to which is reliable ( of course alot of places can go rite , but reliable ? where ? :P ) . Any recommendation ? Location , Pearl of The Orient !! :P And hhow much does it roughly cost bro satria ?

satria81 said:
kenshins,

150kms at RM30(should get a lil more i guess),...yeah,like u said a change of air filter n also check to know whether u wud need a engine tune up as well .

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
What is your engine? If a wira engine the FC is abit high. The best is change back the air filter to stock, then the timing should be around 600-800, when driving, always keep 1st-4th gear rpm at maximum 2500-3000. 5th gear can go to maximum you dare. This is what I have been practice.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
kenshins said:
Ye . My duo funnel need servicing i guess . Will go check it out later after work ;) Btw , i've been thinking of tuning too . But i don't know where to go to which is reliable ( of course alot of places can go rite , but reliable ? where ? :P ) . Any recommendation ? Location , Pearl of The Orient !! :P And hhow much does it roughly cost bro satria ?

Tune Up of the engine depends on the owner itself i guess,some would prefer to have a computerised tuning done n some would go manual tuning...to me,i had always gone for the manual one.Always done at KYM Speed at Shah Alam at a min cost of just RM15.

kenshins

Sep 17, 2005
-Earth-
www.kenshins.tk
Mmm ? I tot computer tuned is way better ? In Penang , any recommended tuner ? Cheers .

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
kenshins,

How old is your car & what's the mileage ? I'm driving a same engine as yr and I've done 120k. Just done decorbonized. The engine gives me better respond and saves a bit on FC as compare to me changing sparkplugs (Iridium).

What about your luboil ? If you are on mineral , I would suggest that you change to semi syn and your engine will feel lighter.

AS for brand of petrol, I'm using Petronas (Green Color) not sure the RON rating. To have optimum FC also depends on your driving style so better keep withing the 2500 - 3500 RPM range for optimum.

Have Fun.

kenshins

Sep 17, 2005
-Earth-
www.kenshins.tk
hey , my car ah , 8 years old adi . mileage done i think 160k like dat . and im using semi syn since last time . juz changed my plugs and cables too . Decarbonized ? What it does ? Duration in workshop ? Price ? :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): The SXE-10 Altezza cult is very much alive everywhere and what we have here is Abcastillo's involvement in a recent Spanish Altezza club track meet. Check out the abundance of track-ready tezzas...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience