ST 150 & AT 151 Corona

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
hey guys anyone else coming down to pd for the ol skool gathering???

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

i'll be down on saturday, but the event only start on sunday bro...
how nice if i can come.. see ur guys ride.. how nice if got bridge from kuching to singapore.. hahahaha:idea:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
omg was good! it was hellova fun driving with vince to pd anyway! and on the way back with prem was good also! 3 speedsters amigos!

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Dayumn... U guys are speed demons! Ppl were saying their rides were hit by shockwave when u guys blasted past them thru the PD-Seremban highway... hahahah

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
not really la... slow slow only...haven't reach 202km/h yet!:biggrin:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
yalor vince not fast rite???

seaissky, which type u want??? i have the malaysian market type or i can get for u the japan market type also...

skywaRs

Mar 31, 2006
hello guys,

im going to sell my corona, rm5k only, 4agze engine..
can anybody help me to find buyer for me..??
thanks guys.

my number : 0122209659

Last edited:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
sky, post sum pictures easier to sell what we can see... otherwise buta buta sell than buyer will be pissed at us...

crazee: wow bro the full set that u want to sell is a bit pricey... but good luck buddy!

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Anyone using the the 4 point lower arm bar here ? I have been using the 1st gen 2 point lower arm bar for some years now.

Problem: There's a abnormality of uneven wear on the front tyres; more evident on the driver side. It's wearing very, very quickly on the inside of the tyre; as if it was negative camber kinda wear. Checks after checks were made on the alignment & even tried many different shops too. Unfortunately, there were nothing wrong with the wheel alignment or camber angle.

Me & my mech were cracking our heads & we came to this conclusion 2 days ago; the culprit could be the lower arm bar. Reason: the lower arm bar is adjustable in the centre; hence it the adjustment is incorrect, it may cause the lower arm to be out from its original geometry angle thus causing abnormal tyre wear ??

Trial & error: Since I'm changing my lower arm bushes yesterday, we've decided to remove the lower arm bar & monitor the tyre wear to see if our theory holds any water.

Handling: I immediately noticed the difference on the handling upon the removal of the LAB. It felt less rigid & sharp on the handling. So the LAB does make a difference in handling but maybe it should not be adjustable & made of a 1 piece construction like the 1 on my Beams.

Hardware - LAB: Bought it as ready made; unlike the 1 I have on the Beams which was custom made by Ultra Racing. Those days, the had noting for the LE or Corona. The reason is was made adjustable was, as explained to me by Ultra Racing's boss, was the initially made 1 piece LAB could not be fitted to many LE because many them were involved in accidents before & the chasis were were slightly deformed. So UR came out with the adjustable version.

Conclusion: I'm seriously considering the new 4 point version than Prem & friends fitted recently.

Recommendation: Those Corona owners who have not fitted any reinforcement bars on their car, my advise is get them fitted because the Corona chasis is too damn flimsy & flexes like a piece of zinc ! Remember, "Power is nothing without control" as quoted by Pirelli.

Just sharing with you guys since the thread is so quiet these days. Since everyone's talking about how fast their cars are, I thought maybe the handling topic be given some due consideration.:biggrin:

Last edited:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Which corona chassis ? ST171 also included ? :biggrin: Maybe I can do something to increase the ridigidity ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi keshy..

just asking, you guys don't cover KLIMS'10 ?.. i heard they have already started the event with some exotic cars displayed .. with funny names as well i heard..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience