ST 150 & AT 151 Corona

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
20v BT into AT151 is not a problem at all. ST150, not so sure what problems you might encounter but it can definitely be done.

As for changing body parts.. There's an ST150 with AE86 front facelift, pics were posted in earlier pages and might still be available on mudah, you can check it out. Not a fan of these kinda mods so not much to comment.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
helo bro n sifus, i own 20v bt in a r19 renault complete with dashboard n rear disc brake.

but braking is the major prob coz it doesnt work well with renault system

im planning to get corona st150 to swap my 20v. Is it plug n play or need major mounting work? How about change corona front body part to latest levin or carib? Anyone ever try this? ...
Hi & welcome to thread, turbo fit.

My advise is, if you have not already bought a ST 150, why not just get a AT 151 instead ? I mean the AT 151 is originally 1.6 & is using the older version of the 4A & has the same capacity with the 20v, which makes the engine mountings fit easier & Puspakom/JPJ inspection less tedious.

I'm not sure if you have other reasons but for me, I'd think that it's best to keep any job as simple as possible if you can rather than to further complicate matters but getting an originally "S"series fitted engine & retro fit it with a "A" series when an "A" body (AT151) is available.

Like I said, other than that is the hassle with JPJ to apply for downgrading in capacity; from 1.8 (ST150) to 1.6 liters.

Although the ST150 may have a little more accessories than the AT151 like power windows & ARB, other than that, I don't think it is that much different.

Just my point of view; which may not be taken seriously. :biggrin:

Last edited:

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
ok thx for d valuable info bro. I saw few corona at mudah but confuse which 1 is at or st. U mean at series is 1.6cc oem engine rite? If we use adjustable suspension in at body wif 20v engine, is it gonna improve much on cornering?
corona st150 is 1.8cc and at151 is 1.6cc,and mine was at151 1.6cc with the ZE inside the hood..........

turbo_fit

Jan 25, 2007
ok thx bro. im learning this thread from early post since yesterday n "merangkak" step by step from 1st page to learn bout corona hehe...last time i bought r19 renault wif 20v in 2003 but the car just "sleeping most of d time coz brakingproblem.

im stil newbie at dat time n reason bought dat car is only for home-college shuttle. But damn d brake prob is realy worst n cant be fix in any way.renault space very limited to adjust d brake servo always in terbalik position.
i nearly crash hit chicken truck long time ago,luckly after pump 2-3 time d brake works.

my mission now is to find new home for my bt with complete bt dasboard,aircon n most of all nice braking system til d bonnet can lift up during emergency brake like mat rempit did with their kapcai.

i saw ae86 facelifted corona at mudah, but i like d shiny rear lamp n black thingy plastic on d bonet,where can i getthose item anyone know?

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
Hi & welcome to thread, turbo fit.

My advise is, if you have not already bought a ST 150, why not just get a AT 151 instead ? I mean the AT 151 is originally 1.6 & is using the older version of the 4A & has the same capacity with the 20v, which makes the engine mountings fit easier & Puspakom/JPJ inspection less tedious.

I'm not sure if you have other reasons but for me, I'd think that it's best to keep any job as simple as possible if you can rather than to further complicate matters but getting an originally "S"series fitted engine & retro fit it with a "A" series when an "A" body (AT151) is available.

Like I said, other than that is the hassle with JPJ to apply for downgrading in capacity; from 1.8 (ST150) to 1.6 liters.

Although the ST150 may have a little more accessories than the AT151 like power windows & ARB, other than that, I don't think it is that much different.

Just my point of view; which may not be taken seriously. :biggrin:
follow this advise or buy a cheap ae92 and dump in everything...easier to settle the brake issue also...:smokin:

turbo_fit

Jan 25, 2007
Oke thx bro, saw hatchback ae92 year88 at mudah. Shape body stil ok not too outdated i think hehe

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
why not buy the car at old klang road,they know the car i mention about........ask corona ice ....kekekekekee then i will had another geng for TT

turbo_fit

Jan 25, 2007
that white corola u mean? Look neat n clean. stil considering coz im outside malaysia study,mayb later when holiday. if buy used car we need to do puspakom inspection rite to confirm d car potong or been in accident rite? anyone experience b4? How d procedure n time?

turbo_fit

Jan 25, 2007
thx bro.ic dat black n white car with spoon rim..hmm dat car make up oredi bro price twice stdard body...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Things are not the same without RageRunner here.

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
hey2.. im a new owner of 84" 1.8 corona ST150.. hehe.. just bough it Feb 2011.. i buy cheap2.. hahaha.. currently smooth condition alrdy.. hehe.. planning to lower my car.. any ideas what type of spring i shud use? what brand?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

on most tri y headers, i noticed pairing of cylinder 1 and 4, 2 and 3 (1-4, 2-3) which forms non-sequential header but i saw some tri y headers have pairings of 1-2, 3-4 which forms sequential header

im hunting for new tri y header but im confused with which one to choose to suit overall street performance output

anyone can enlighten me on the effect of pairings of header primaries on the power curve?
it will be good if i know the difference so i can choose which one is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience