Should i get a 180sx?

Discussion in 'Nissan 180SX / Silvia Forum' started by iameternal, May 23, 2019.

1. iameternal

iameternal Member

i guess i need to rethink about all this after all..haha

2. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Yes please do, 180SX is a rare gem, but too bad for its reputation, a lot of them have been used as drifter machines or worse, touge drifters. It will be hard to get a decent condition. Take my friend's example, bought a EVO3 converted Putra 2 months back, not even own it for 2 weeks, the engine suffered balancing shaft issue, the valves were GG ! This is due to carelessness of the previous owner. Although buying used car is like a bet, but best scenario is to minimize crap like those to happen.

Thanks,
    Ken

3. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Go join forums, FB groups, etc and check Mudah prices on parts and perishable bits and bobs. Then estimate a full refresh cost for a car you'll be buying then only look at your bank account. Add on about 2-3k extra just in case you missed something or miscalculated and then only decide if you can really afford to buy one.

I can guarantee any car you buy used will need a full service or some level of refresh done on it.