1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Should i get a 180sx?

Discussion in 'Nissan 180SX / Silvia Forum' started by iameternal, May 23, 2019.

1. iameternal

iameternal Member

i guess i need to rethink about all this after all..haha

2. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Yes please do, 180SX is a rare gem, but too bad for its reputation, a lot of them have been used as drifter machines or worse, touge drifters. It will be hard to get a decent condition. Take my friend's example, bought a EVO3 converted Putra 2 months back, not even own it for 2 weeks, the engine suffered balancing shaft issue, the valves were GG ! This is due to carelessness of the previous owner. Although buying used car is like a bet, but best scenario is to minimize crap like those to happen.

Thanks,
    Ken

alcyon likes this.
  3. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Go join forums, FB groups, etc and check Mudah prices on parts and perishable bits and bobs. Then estimate a full refresh cost for a car you'll be buying then only look at your bank account. Add on about 2-3k extra just in case you missed something or miscalculated and then only decide if you can really afford to buy one.

I can guarantee any car you buy used will need a full service or some level of refresh done on it.

4. duhill

duhill Senior Member

Yo bro, here's one super stock 180sx in Malaysia as of 2019 :banana:
    The mileage is only 12+km since new. Still running CA18DET, stock interior...

Izso and alcyon like this.
  5. alcyon

alcyon Active Member

Sigh, why is it sooo hard to get a car without rust in the spare tyre area , in malaysia ?

6. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

That area Looks like lots of water for some time......

alcyon likes this.
  7. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Talk about a rare unicorn!