recond is250 with gps,how to get MY map

yzliew

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
i got a unit of is250 high spec,mark levinson and come with gps and screen.
but may i know how to get download a malaysia map into this system??
it's only have uk map

lathen

Known Member
Dec 31, 2010
Johor Bahru
i got a unit of is250 high spec,mark levinson and come with gps and screen.
but may i know how to get download a malaysia map into this system??
it's only have uk map
Hi dude,

UK spec GPS run by dvd, Japan spec by HDD. Local spec also run by dvd, so what you can do is to get a copy of disc from local spec to try it out.

If you happen to get a copy of GPS disc from local spec lexus, pls share with me, hehe:biggrin::biggrin:

ikennylaw

Dec 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi dude,

UK spec GPS run by dvd, Japan spec by HDD. Local spec also run by dvd, so what you can do is to get a copy of disc from local spec to try it out.

If you happen to get a copy of GPS disc from local spec lexus, pls share with me, hehe:biggrin::biggrin:
And me also.. :D Lathen, meaning mostly Jap spec run by HDD?

ikennylaw

Dec 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if not mistaken, i think all run by HDD. Even if u got the disc, also have to find a way to install / overwrite it
Well, as far as I know, I can record songs into the HDD for mine. Didn't know the GPS is running on HDD too.. :)

I wonder who got the CD to overwrite/re-flash.. :) :adore:

alvincbw

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In long run, I would suggest to install flyaudio. It's using Papago where you can download the map from malfreemaps. My map is dated 01/05/2011.

alvincbw

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ed,
yes, i am using flyaudio. not bad and affordable, still can maintain the mark levinson and with additional functions like ipod integration, bluetooth phone, usb, video in etc..

yzliew

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
how much u install flyaudio,i ask about rm4800 in setapak bubble motorsport

xfuture

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
PJ
I've emailed to flyaudio dealer in malaysia,

They say flyaudio cannot work with Japan Spec, issit true?

alvincbw

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how much u install flyaudio,i ask about rm4800 in setapak bubble motorsport
Couldn't remember, it is around that price, excluding rear view camera, including bluetooth

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I've emailed to flyaudio dealer in malaysia,

They say flyaudio cannot work with Japan Spec, issit true?
I am not sure, if flyaudio Malaysia says so, then should be true.
My IS is bought from Lexus Malaysia, CBU from Japan, by right should be the same.

yzliew

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
alvincbw,how about your gps?oem head unit needed GPS DVD to run or not?
how you update the map

alvincbw

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
alvincbw,how about your gps?oem head unit needed GPS DVD to run or not?
how you update the map
yzliew, there is a MicroSD slot in flyaudio. You just download the latest map from malfreemaps and replace the map in the SD card. The latest map is dated 1st June 2011, you can download via My ASEAN Free GPS Map Project • Login . It's totally FOC and updated every month.
I can give you step by step guide on how to update the map in flyaudio if you need.

Perry Yip

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Klang
Em, there is no solution yet for uk spec, sad. Probably i will go kuchai lama find the sifu and help on this, hes good at bmw but hopefully can solve mine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifus..just want to get advice from u all. can or not if i swap the engine myself, full half cut? any difficulties thing appear when i do it myself? my car is toyota ee100 1.3L and to swap to ae101 silvertop manual. i got basic experience about car and technical. what do you thing??? anybody got experience when swap that engine?? any problem appeared??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience