RC aircraft (electirc or glow)

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
I've come across this kind of DIY project before in a final year project exhibition. The guy was doing aeriel survellience using balloons.

Where did you get the gas? I was thinking of making a blimp like the hindenburg and making it rc.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
It looks kinda hard to manouver cause your rotors are only attacehd to the ballon with a piece of strings.

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
haha.. well dudes.. that was the trial.. just trying to balance the weight.. testing with sandbag + hanging the plane body part(gondola) there..
if u look at the first picture.. its properly attached la.. if u can see that is.. ;) hahaha.

and to imoloq mine's a first year project.. planning to include the camera as well.. next week.. ;) gas i got from a helium balloon shop.. they refill for me.. shop is in USJ.. called balloon solutions...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
wenshen said:
haha.. well dudes.. that was the trial.. just trying to balance the weight.. testing with sandbag + hanging the plane body part(gondola) there..
if u look at the first picture.. its properly attached la.. if u can see that is.. ;) hahaha.

and to imoloq mine's a first year project.. planning to include the camera as well.. next week.. ;) gas i got from a helium balloon shop.. they refill for me.. shop is in USJ.. called balloon solutions...
Are you doing Mechanical Engineering? Diploma?

Maybe you should try and build a wire cage around the balloon so that it's securely attached to whatever electronics you have. You don't want the string to break when you have the camera up in the air.

Hey try filling up your tyres with helium. Lighter. Just joking la.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
wenshen said:
nope.. not diploma.. degree.. lol..

yeah.. ive made that one.. made a shock absorber.. LOL... incase the balloon burst oso.. LOL

How thin is the balloon? Doesn't look like it will burst easily. If you want, you can make a blimp like cage and put 2 balloons in it so it will look like a blimp. This is the same concept used by the airships of the 30's

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
haha
eh.. u know wat.. i thought of it too.. but.. no point la.. 1 balloon can lift.. of cos i use 1.. LOL..
i tot of making the cage with balsa wood or laundry netting.. LOL.. but den.. after that.. i think.. wats the point ah.. engineers mz learn to cut cost ma.. LOL

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
wenshen said:
haha
eh.. u know wat.. i thought of it too.. but.. no point la.. 1 balloon can lift.. of cos i use 1.. LOL..
i tot of making the cage with balsa wood or laundry netting.. LOL.. but den.. after that.. i think.. wats the point ah.. engineers mz learn to cut cost ma.. LOL
Hahaah, true oso. But if cut too much cost, become like Proton hahaahhaahah. No offence ar....

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
imolog and wenshen needs to get a room ............

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
wenshen said:
imoloq.. btw, djan is helping me to get sponsorship from proton.. ;) HAHAHAHAH
Wow that's great! Sponsorship for your car or blimp? hehe

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
wenshen said:
blimp duh.. LOL..

after the project.. im quite interested in rc heliS.. anyone has one here?
I had an electric heli once and it was a b!tch to control. I've since grounded it and used the electronics on other planes. :X-:

RC helis are very very hard to control, difficult to master and you need nerves of steel and steady thumbs to control it properly. If you want to start off in RC helicoptering, I would recommend an electric one first as it would be easier to control. I would recommend the Esky Lama V3:

This heli has counter-rotating baldes so it doesn't need a tail rotor and it hovers like a dream. Very good for begineers. And you can fly it indoors. Price is around RM400++ for the complete set.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was rudely shocked today...when i patronised a service provider & went behind to his toilet ...what i see what i saw

Utterly abuse

more weight to the abuse

u may treat yr car like this & if he...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience