Rb 25 auto Vs 1jz auto

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
agree with kyosho... dont buy a toyota and masuk nissan. or nissan masuk toyota. in fact just go with the flow so that there wont be so much complication on later days.

if i were to drive a cefiro i would also take a rb25 over a 1jz anyday. one big prob with 1jz manual is once accidently blown the gearbox. definitely having hard time to buy another manual gearbox. as it normally couple with the halfcut and not going to sell seperate.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
heard 1JZ hard to find manual gearbox as most 1JZ comes with auto one.
unless u go for 2JZ. but 2JZ sounds a bit over power......... keke.......

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
actually 2jz in stock condition stock turbos is nothing quite much to brag about. but after some minor modification like using a big single and altering the fuelings can generate quite massive torque compare to d 1jz. i believe a 1jz hybrid with 2jz block can churn out additional 50whp if d existing 1jz is already in the 400whp region.

not much 1jz came with manual. supra and im not sure about d chasers.i got my chaser cut with manual gearbox.dont know its stock or being convert in japan already.

wheres other nissan user? would like to know more about the RBs

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
There is no straight forward answer for this. As a Nissan enthusiast I do know that the RB's are pretty bullet proof but for a few known issues which are usually due to wear and tear and when you push the power beyond what internals can handle. As for the 1jz it is relatively known that it is a very reliable and powerful engine and most a31 ceffys in thailand are actually using either 1j or 2j....not common here as parts availability, cost and power goals are totally different.

I guess if it was me it would be down to this 2 factors:

1. If I want something straight forward,powerful and reliable, dont want to modify and muck around then 1jz

2. If I want something that I can mod and have scalable performance, parts and power gains and get parts easily and reasonably priced here in Malaysia then RB25

This is again only in my opinion. I know for a fact that for RB's between the 20,25 and 26 there are many parts you can interchange and upgrade and they are aplenty in most potong kereta, aftermarket parts are also easily available.

Cheers and all the best in your transplant.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
agree with a31 gtst. since the thread starter asked about rb25 auto vs 1jz auto, then there is no problem. most likely either engine wont be thrashed as badly as manual.

both has long term benefits. 1jz is bulletproof, rb has PLENTY spareparts. but that doesnt mean that rb is not reliable, and 1jz sparepart hard to find... it all depends on what ur mechanic prefer, cos at the end of the day, it's ur mechanic that is going to install the engine in ur car...

good luck

Jan 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Good Day Guys,

May i have your precious advice which is the better Japanese engine & automatic gear box for my Volvo 240SE Automatic, Make 1993? Where to fix it & roughly how much does it cost (all in)?

Thanks for Your Time!

Sincerely,
david (",)

Jul 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
can i know. u convert engine for your volvo 240?

U can endorsed it on JPJ and Puspakom?

I heard Volvo only can change to Volvo engine only if i not mistaken.

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have been using 1JZ-GTE since 2 years in my Mazda RX-7 FD in my country Pakistan. After blowing rotary, I swapped 1JZ-GTE in my RX-7 mated with original mazda gearbox, need to alter a bit housing. First I was running stock twins CT12A. They breath out if you exceed 1Bar. I have taken those twins till 1.2Bar, but they sadly they lost all their compressor fins lol. Next thing I did was I single turbo. Bypassed all the water and oil lines, because when you swap a bigger and single turbo you need to bypass one oil and water line, not much rocket science involved in it. I swapped 2JZ-GTE injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, piggybacked with Apexi Vafc 2, Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller, tial 38mm wastegate. Turbo I was using was Holset HX-40, its a general bearing, this turbo is equivalent to GT35R. This turbo is mostly used in ships or generators, its a cheap but very powerful. I have boosted this engine on stock internals till 2.0Bar with fine tuning. You just need to add Fuel Cut Defender and you can boost it, as this engine has a boost cut at 0.7bar. This engine is very powerful and very reliable. I have tested this engine numerous time, this engine can stand smooth on idle even the air fuel ratio is 16:1. You just need to tune this engine at an Air-Fuel Ratio of 11-11.5:1 and you are ready to go with it. Lastly I had to mate engine with R154 as the RX-7 gearbox couldn't stand still much more. R154 can take up to 900bhp but for that you need Twin Clutch and pressure plate which is for $2500.
Cheap solution for the gearbox is you can easily mate W58 gearbox which comes with 1JZ-GE, 7M-GE, 1G-GTE. This gearbox can hold around 550bhp, if you plan to run 1JZ on stock twins with 1bar boost this gearbox won't give you any single issue. If you are lucky enough you can get W58 with 1JZ-GTE/1JZ-GE bell housing. It will save as you won't be needing to fabricate its bell housing.

Here is the video of my car, the boost was 1.2Bar in this video.
MVI 6007 - YouTube

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We are entering the 6th week since the acquisition of the car. Work has been slow and we are still going through the negotiation bit. But of course, our agreed sponsors have worked on something, even they are busy with other cars in their possession.

Edison of Top Secret has kindly found the replacement door lock barrels that were missing originally since the car was forcefully opened up and the keys...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience