question about ek9 n eg6 ecu..plz help..

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
The harness is different for these two ECU.. EK9 using OBD2 where else EG6 using OBD1.. but if use converter maybe can la..

stimGILER

Known Member
Oct 10, 2005
no need converter if yu have/know the ecu pinouts .. which means yu know what goes where .. but make sure the ecu that yu wanna buy comes with the socket .. :smile:

both ecus are interchangeable .. now me using p72 in my b16a .. okay, no prob ..

eater_eg6

500 RPM
Feb 15, 2004
east coast
www.geocities.com
stimgiler , p72 izzit b16b ecu ? if p30 is eg b16a ? wat is the diffrent of these two ecu ?? any diffrent u can feel ? :P thanx....

why the ecu that using obd1 can rechip...n obd2 cannot ?? just the diffrent of the socket ????

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
stimGILER said:
no need converter if yu have/know the ecu pinouts .. which means yu know what goes where .. but make sure the ecu that yu wanna buy comes with the socket .. :smile:

both ecus are interchangeable .. now me using p72 in my b16a .. okay, no prob ..
p72 obd1 or obd2?

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
these 2 ecu ... well in rom wise p72 is better .. rechip how ever will have a disturb A/f ratio mapping..

so if you install a Apexi timer your reading with p30 rechip ecu will be at 10 ,but an unrechip ecu close loop still run well at low throttle .

if i suggest get a original rechip ecu like spoon,mugen and etc etc from japan as local ones af ratio will be at rich all the time or maybe lean all the time .

A original rechip ecu will run a proper af reading as the lambda detects it,a non original rechip locally will read it as lean and your injector will keep on pumping fuel ..

if you have a safc or e manage will help for re chip ecu .

for your question .eg and ek dont run the same harness socket .you need to make another socket harness for your eg to fit ek or dc2r ecu .this can be done .

if you using an eg ecu rechip it and run emanage or maybe vafc any piggy back will do just fine with a propper tuning

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
any1 know where can i get this kind of service-adjust hi/low? because i have asked around, most of the tires shop didn't provide this kind of service. If u guys know it, pls state here the name of the shop, places(prefer Klang Valley), and contact no. by the way how much per piece they charge for?
many thanks...:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience