Powder Coating

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
Anyone knows how to do powder coating???

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
how to do is easy. the tools however are not easy.

you'll need a powdercoating spray set, the powder, and a big oven depending on what it is that u wanna powdercoat.

apart from that, it's as easy as spraying on the powder and shoving the stuff into the oven.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
wow...thats not easy..tot of doing powder coating to my car parts...i think cannot d...ahaha...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
i know where got place to powdercoat.
there's this place in batu caves, it's for superbike guys to powdercoat/dress-up their bike parts, shud be able to do the same fer car parts too. but the place is so new, the operation won't be on till next year, i believe.

a friend own/operates the place. i'll let you guys know when the place's ready.

here's his exact quote:

List of Current service:
1. Aluminum anodizing, you can choose what color of finishing.
2. Polishing & Buffing
3. Powder Coat
4. Custom bracket and etc.
5. Bike Refurbishing
6. Fibreglass works (we might produce racing fairing in the future).

Main & near Future product: (most billet product).
1. Frame Slider (billet)
2. Fork Slider (billet)
3. Swing Arm Slider (billet)
4. Rear sets

SBM Motorsport will have our own website in the near future when the entire product is ready. Customer can browse and buy product on line as an option.

For time being we are still waiting TNB to complete the 3 phase power supply to the premise, before that no machine can run as all the machineries that we planned to buy are using 3 phase.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
oh..so will the job be expensive?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
kenken said:
oh..so will the job be expensive?
dun haf price yer, but not gonna be expensive.

currently owner is having fun anodizing engineparts in his SGTI..as an experiment!..:shocked:

Last edited:

praetorian

Known Member
May 27, 2004
kenken,
you take part in GRA?
let me know if what you wanna do, my company has a supplier, but got some limitation, like if you want a color that he doesn't carry, you need to buy 1 lot,etc
this is a commercial powder coating, not a custom shop, not the same as bro HKS,so understand la

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
Wats GRA?

praetorian said:
kenken,
you take part in GRA?
let me know if what you wanna do, my company has a supplier, but got some limitation, like if you want a color that he doesn't carry, you need to buy 1 lot,etc
this is a commercial powder coating, not a custom shop, not the same as bro HKS,so understand la

bro,may i know wats GRA?im thinking of doing some parts like brake calipers n engine rocker arm cover..

praetorian

Known Member
May 27, 2004
kenken,
GRA is autocrossing event. got someonen there with the same nick.

My supplier is in Jln Meru, Klang,
usually they have some common colors available, so depending on what quantity you have and what color you want, they may be able to do for you.
PM me if yu need the contact.
Personally, i'm gonna wait for HKS friends place, cos anodized aluminium is so much nicer ;)
Btw, if you use you brakes for competion or very hard driving, the powder coat may not last.
Cheers

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
praetorian said:
Personally, i'm gonna wait for HKS friends place, cos anodized aluminium is so much nicer ;)
my fren sez his place is at batu caves.
in front of welly superbike shop, across the road got this new petronas station meh? shud be exactly behind there, one line with the temple?

you guys familiar with the place anot?

kecepuss

Nov 30, 2005
previously i'm into the business of anodizing and powder coating ..electropolishing and ect but what exacly that u want ..what kind of surface that u need?i can recommend u ..but the place is in penang

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
HKS-GT2835R, dey ur signature always make me laugh la hahahahahaa!! the quote part..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For all those car lover out there:

Im currently distibuting the new product from overseas that make your car look preety!

It is a polish that when apply to to your car and will be giving a 5 year gueranty (not warranty) that your car will shine like hell.!!!!!!!!!!!

It is suitable to all those metallic and even 2k colour paint.

Dame nice, it is a technology that been apply to most BenZ and BMW around the world...

If for personal pleasure i have do 2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience