Please built me a Carbon Fiber Porsche 996 GT3

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

Kenny Heiser 3, he does alot of work with carbon fibre, his shop even replaced all the panels on a porsche GT3 with new carbon fibre ones.

Here is an example of the same thing done on a 996GT3R Porsche . This was done where I work at for a client . Every part made for the car is Dry Carbon Fiber with Carbon-Kevlar . Basically a mold was pulled from every single panel of this car including dash , under tray , wheel well , etc , etc ... Man I know its over-kill , but I just love this look . The cost of just replacing all the panel's with CF -VS- a complete color change paint job would be pretty comparable too ( keep that in mind ) . The end result would be hella light celica too . If you did this I bet you would actually notice improved performance on the old butt dyno .

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
My god!

I expect the car to vaporise into a thousand pieces in an accident!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
My god!

I expect the car to vaporise into a thousand pieces in an accident!
heheh, with the full roll cage, me thinks it will see track days only.

Vlioxo

Known Member
Nov 8, 2006
carbon-fibred his under wear also to get a lighter feel i think

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Anybody watched a National Geographic Channel documentary on a plane crash in the NY Bronx area?

Vertical stabilizer (tail) ripped off the plane causing it to crash. Four connectors to the tail failed under stress, all other components like the titanium bolts are OK. Guess what were the connectors made from?

Carbon fibre.

All of us actually drives in a cage. A roll cage is a cage, in a cage. So even if this carbon fibre GT3 is involved in a collision, what will save the driver will be the inner metal roll cage, not the 'supposedly' weaker outer cage made of carbon fibre.

Still, it takes huge balls to drive in a chassis untested for safety. Roll cages should make things safer but if the body panels disintegrate too quickly, it will not do any absorption to lessen the impact. Will the driver's neck still be straight after such a bone-jarring impact?

Robert Kubica survives his horrific accident with no bones broken. His car was made of carbon fibre. How about the accident at Sepang Drag Battle on 16th June?

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
Anybody watched a National Geographic Channel documentary on a plane crash in the NY Bronx area?

Vertical stabilizer (tail) ripped off the plane causing it to crash. Four connectors to the tail failed under stress, all other components like the titanium bolts are OK. Guess what were the connectors made from?

Carbon fibre.

All of us actually drives in a cage. A roll cage is a cage, in a cage. So even if this carbon fibre GT3 is involved in a collision, what will save the driver will be the inner metal roll cage, not the 'supposedly' weaker outer cage made of carbon fibre.

Still, it takes huge balls to drive in a chassis untested for safety. Roll cages should make things safer but if the body panels disintegrate too quickly, it will not do any absorption to lessen the impact. Will the driver's neck still be straight after such a bone-jarring impact?

Robert Kubica survives his horrific accident with no bones broken. His car was made of carbon fibre. How about the accident at Sepang Drag Battle on 16th June?
haa haa, it won't worth to do crash test for this CF car, i think the company will closed if they do a crash test....Just F1 team can afford for this test.:mouth_closed:

BluecluBBy

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
do anyone know that carbon fiber when breaks would create really sharp object that will chop the driver to pieces...