Perdana convert galant VRG

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Hi guys ! it's urgent here.. My uncle wants to convert his perdana to VRG face .
Is this legal or what ? I know we can convert it but he's worrying about JPJ summons .
can anyone help me out :confused: thanks..

jeheyr

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com
im also planned to convert VRG facelift into my perdana, there a lot to do.. and the worst thing is, when caught by JPJ, there's a lot also to do to return to original V6..

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
u can convert, but there is a risk if caught by JPJ.
what type of risk ? is it like summons or what ?

im also planned to convert VRG facelift into my perdana, there a lot to do.. and the worst thing is, when caught by JPJ, there's a lot also to do to return to original V6..
is it like so illegal ? what if I convert to other type of eterna ? like ths ?
Body part eterna perdana with sport light - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

jeheyr

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
From proton face->mitsubishi face= illegal
From perodua face->daihatsu face= also illegal

But sometimes, they still do it but with a lil tweak on brand...meaning, from the three diamonds logo of mitsubishi to tiger head logo of proton and from 'D' logo of daihatsu to 'P' of perodua logo....the authorities juz wanna see the malaysian brand only regardless on what faces are u putting onto ur rides....I've seen wiralution face with the proton logo on the grille, the authority let it passed...sometimes makes me confused but try these method if u wanna play safe...the choice is urs...:driver:

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Yes, it's illegal to face off your car until unable to relate to it original form/model for 'general public'.
How a general public to describe a Perdana in VRG-formed car in police report? Kereta hitam, lebih kurang macam Perdana tapi nampak tak macam Perdana punya, or a car with Mitsubishi logo tak tau apa model tapi ada nampak ada macam sikit itu Perdana?

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
From proton face->mitsubishi face= illegal
From perodua face->daihatsu face= also illegal

But sometimes, they still do it but with a lil tweak on brand...meaning, from the three diamonds logo of mitsubishi to tiger head logo of proton and from 'D' logo of daihatsu to 'P' of perodua logo....the authorities juz wanna see the malaysian brand only regardless on what faces are u putting onto ur rides....I've seen wiralution face with the proton logo on the grille, the authority let it passed...sometimes makes me confused but try these method if u wanna play safe...the choice is urs...:driver:
hurmm i see.. but don't you think it'll look ugly using a Mitsubishi body with a Proton logo :rofl:

Remain stock look, be a sleeper, but mod kaw kaw inside.:listen:
In a way, youre rite:proud:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
once i sembang sembang with my friend who work with jpj...but take note this is not an official talk...

he gave me an analogy similar to plastic surgery when doing face lift to our vehicle... you can do nose job...up lift the check do correction here and there...but one thing you cant touch is the eye... translate that to cars...yes you can change the bumper...grill...fender...but headlight have to retain the original or similar...its not like they straight away issue a summon... but it sure make them curious and want see more what you've done to your car...

i hope that make sense...true or not...i dont dare to give you any guarantee... :creep:

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
once i sembang sembang with my friend who work with jpj...but take note this is not an official talk...

he gave me an analogy similar to plastic surgery when doing face lift to our vehicle... you can do nose job...up lift the check do correction here and there...but one thing you cant touch is the eye... translate that to cars...yes you can change the bumper...grill...fender...but headlight have to retain the original or similar...its not like they straight away issue a summon... but it sure make them curious and want see more what you've done to your car...

i hope that make sense...true or not...i dont dare to give you any guarantee... :creep:
Anyway, thanks bro..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
If anything to do to crumple zones and headlight beam pattern elevation.... I can live with that reason

if for reason like "it messed your body structure" that I cannot accept... come on, to switch from Kancil (old one) to Daihatsu L2... its a PnP je... like Nokia's 3310 Xpress-On cover..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifu,
anyone try to put vtec b18c into their proton and can pass inspection by going undertable a?
cause my fren car evo turbo engine spoiled..So thinking to do vtec.

---------- Post added 04-09-2011 at 01:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 04-08-2011 at 08:56 PM ----------

Nobody done this be4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience