Painting a car [HELP]

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
rm1.6k can buy compressor & spray gun edi, add a few $$$ more to buy paints + clear coat + primer
Actually is cheaper if I can get the spray gun and get the plastidip in gallons, compare to getting it in Spray Cans form.

yeah i realize that too. my goal is to keep the cos to the minimal. and test how long the paint will last. the surface is pretty rough too due to dust particles during painting as i do it in my driveway. it looks ok for me tho. painting over 1k i would rather send to workshop. as its not worth the effort. im planning to add in the clear coat after i wash my car and try to see the result. if anything happen to the paint i can still touch up as i know where to buy the paints already. RM5 per can when i buy 10 cans. as for plasti dip, 1.6k is too pricey for me. i asked the paint shop nearby my workplace they quote me 1.6k too whole car. :biggrin:
1.6K for whole car really depends on what clear coat they use. I also asked before in USJ, using dupont. If same color is RM1.6K if different color depends on the paint whether it is normal metalic or crystal paint. Roughly change color for normal paint is RM2K+

But then nothing beats the satisfaction of own hard work and skills in completing the paint job perfectly ma hehe!

my neighbour at my parents house sprays his own car since he is a drifter so he does it quite often, but usually sprays at night la.
Thought of it before also la but the spray gun that Plastidip Founder use is kinda not for sale in
Malaysia. Not many willing to ship it to Malaysia. Only the spray gun.

Also PD in gallons are not cheap as well. So kinda let go that idea and send for respray if it is cheaper and less hassle.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my neighbour at my parents house sprays his own car since he is a drifter so he does it quite often, but usually sprays at night la.
Drifter don't need the paint to be tip top mah!:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Actually is cheaper if I can get the spray gun and get the plastidip in gallons, compare to getting it in Spray Cans form.

1.6K for whole car really depends on what clear coat they use. I also asked before in USJ, using dupont. If same color is RM1.6K if different color depends on the paint whether it is normal metalic or crystal paint. Roughly change color for normal paint is RM2K+

But then nothing beats the satisfaction of own hard work and skills in completing the paint job perfectly ma hehe!

Thought of it before also la but the spray gun that Plastidip Founder use is kinda not for sale in

Also PD in gallons are not cheap as well. So kinda let go that idea and send for respray if it is cheaper and less hassle.
Can open for business better....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Drifter don't need the paint to be tip top mah!:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Can open for business better....:biggrin:
So now we have Chris Auto, VR's Detailing Enterprise and now is SFCV Plastidip Services? :laugh:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
But spray in open got dust leh.....:rolleyes:
thats why lah bro. thats why i use cheap paint. if screw up also not so sakit hati:rofl:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan

Earlex brand ah bro?:biggrin:

Got here dy in Malaysia but very expensive.

alantjw
Ur neighbour no complain anything u spray ur car because of the paint fumes.?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

alantjw
He using spray can, so not that bad....hahahaha:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

alantjw
Spray can smell is bad but not as bad until will go next door. Unless using spray gun I guessing it will be real bad smell. But i have half walls separating the neighbors, so still fine.

Earlex one of the Plastidip kaki use before said is not bad. The one Fonzi use got one more is the
Wagner brand which is expensive. Maybe just get Earlex since I remember fonzi showing it how to clean spray gun in his video.

Now getting spray gun not a problem, but where to get plastidip in Gallons? :biggrin: From private seller prices are kinda high if I recall correctly.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Spray can smell is bad but not as bad until will go next door. Unless using spray gun I guessing it will be real bad smell. But i have half walls separating the neighbors, so still fine.

Earlex one of the Plastidip kaki use before said is not bad. The one Fonzi use got one more is the
Wagner brand which is expensive. Maybe just get Earlex since I remember fonzi showing it how to clean spray gun in his video.

Now getting spray gun not a problem, but where to get plastidip in Gallons? :biggrin: From private seller prices are kinda high if I recall correctly.
After getting the spray gun, maybe can build higher walls or a shed to spray in.....:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
After getting the spray gun, maybe can build higher walls or a shed to spray in.....:rofl:
Ya need to find a shed, but there is this guy offering Plastidip Whole Car @50% discount
Is a good offer than sending for a repaint but then what I'm worried is that like what Cvkit showed us about this brand Plastidip before. Just afraid it is not as durable as perfromix. Spray gun cost about RM500 then PD in gallons cost about the same. Total up would be also around 1K+ I think

It is easily scratched by just merely swiping it softly across with his finger nails. Maybe I'll try get
1 can and try on my friend's kelisa bonnet and see how things goes. See how durable it is.

Unlike Performix Plastidip which is scratch free and more durable. The one I had on my BLM rear bumper, still in perfect condition when I peeled it off due to paint respray.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
:rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Ya need to find a shed, but there is this guy offering Plastidip Whole Car @50% discount
Is a good offer than sending for a repaint but then what I'm worried is that like what Cvkit showed us about this brand Plastidip before. Just afraid it is not as durable as perfromix. Spray gun cost about RM500 then PD in gallons cost about the same. Total up would be also around 1K+ I think

It is easily scratched by just merely swiping it softly across with his finger nails. Maybe I'll try get
1 can and try on my friend's kelisa bonnet and see how things goes. See how durable it is.

Unlike Performix Plastidip which is scratch free and more durable. The one I had on my BLM rear bumper, still in perfect condition when I peeled it off due to paint respray.
if car got dent, spray the plastidip also will the dent will show up rite.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Then need to plaster first....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Yes for sure, plastidip is something like paint but just that it is rubber paint. Best get the dents repair 1st.

Have you think about the yellow sticker in matt, since you don't care whether it will spoil the paint.

A clear matt sticker is a good choice.
Sticker is costly, if can afford sticker might as well go for reprint which cost roughly the same or might be cheaper depending on wat paint

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes for sure, plastidip is something like paint but just that it is rubber paint. Best get the dents repair 1st.

Sticker is costly, if can afford sticker might as well go for reprint which cost roughly the same or might be cheaper depending on wat paint
Sticker for whole car I saw and asked before. RM5k....:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Stolen car belongs to a very good friend of mine. Here are the details:

Model: Proton Wira Sedan
Registration Number: TS 7112
Colour: Pearl White
Date Stolen: 28th June 2008 (Saturday)
Time Stolen: Around 6.00pm
Wheel Type: Enkei RS5 (5 spokes)
Wheel Colour: Hyper Black
Engine Type: 4G93 Turbo GSR with MIVEC 'Blacktop' head
Engine Number: 4G93-BK5611
Chassis...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience