Nissan Sentra N16 on cold start car not moving when engage to "D"

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
not sure does your gbox have valve body or not, google it for more info.......
sometimes the problem occur cos water had seeped into the gbox when u drive thru puddle of waters..

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
exactly brother, there are many possibilities, just that sometimes kinda disappointed when you consulted those authorized guys, they tend to have a easier job by just saying "owh! this part kong liao so have to replace!" done that's it. Easy job for them. Yes will google it and will check on the necessary details. :)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
thats y i hate authorised service centre...they know nuts......so far the best workshop ive been to is under the cherry tree located somewhere in jln ipoh........recomended by my father in law.....
he has done a wonderful job on my engine though....

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
well said brother, i am still going to a normal mechanic at pokok mangga shop oso currently. Just that day went to TCM to get some so called professional advice, ended they try to burn a big hole in pocket swt!!

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
bro cuppy...wht did u do to settle ur gearbox problem?mine has the same issue now.......

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
bro corona,

The issue was solved by overhauling the gb. Its all smooth now but the performance n the rest of the thing will not be the same as it was in the beginning, gotta compromise a little :)

Hope this will be quite useful help to u and the rest of them. :)

andymillenium

Jan 4, 2006
bro corona,

The issue was solved by overhauling the gb. Its all smooth now but the performance n the rest of the thing will not be the same as it was in the beginning, gotta compromise a little :)

Hope this will be quite useful help to u and the rest of them. :)
hi bro,

may i know wat u mean by overhauling the gb? you changed the gb? sounds serious...
i'm now having similar problem during cold start, after engaging in "D", gotta wait for around 3-4 seconds before the car starts to move forward....not as serious as your 5 minute i guess but quite similar.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just fyi guys, I recently serviced a N16 Sentra with a 1 minute lag upon cold start for the "D" to engage. Problem was fixed when the owner asked I change the ATF filter, flush the gearbox and he brought along his own Lubeguard Platinum additive. Initially after the service the problem was still there, but the owner said the additive takes time to mix in. The next morning the problem was gone.

Right now we're still monitoring the situation but it's almost been a week now so far so good.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

I have to mention though, I'm not a supporter of additives. This was just what the owner insisted so I just did as I was asked. The complete flushing and changing of ATF filter probably would have done the trick.

He used Castrol Dexron III 4L bottle, I'm guessing it's a mineral based oil because of the price.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Please do not listen to any mechanics here stating your gearbox is having a mechanical failure or anything, just do this simple step to fix the problem. I had the same problem on my cefiro A33.

1. Use the lubegard platinum addictive as mention as izso= problem solve
I believe no flushing is required

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Please do not listen to any mechanics here stating your gearbox is having a mechanical failure or anything, just do this simple step to fix the problem. I had the same problem on my cefiro A33.

1. Use the lubegard platinum addictive as mention as izso= problem solve
I believe no flushing is required
Additive that became addictive??.....:biggrin::biggrin:

Sep 3, 2014
you can try Lubegard Platinum Addictive. I believe with this small investment, it will cure your GB rather changing a new one.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Another one addictive to lubegard........:rofl:
Lol, sorry typo :D
One of my uncle has a sentra with the similar problem, tried ATF flush, replaced the filter, gasket etc and still it lags when engaging in D in the morning. Poured lubegard and no problems till today, fixed the problem on my cefiro too. I realize this is a common problem to many nissan cars, Im guessing the Nissan D magtic ATF might not be efficient enough on its own. I think the only additive I will ever trust for now is lubegard for my gearbox. Never have used any additive on my engine though.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lol, sorry typo :D
One of my uncle has a sentra with the similar problem, tried ATF flush, replaced the filter, gasket etc and still it lags when engaging in D in the morning. Poured lubegard and no problems till today, fixed the problem on my cefiro too. I realize this is a common problem to many nissan cars, Im guessing the Nissan D magtic ATF might not be efficient enough on its own. I think the only additive I will ever trust for now is lubegard for my gearbox. Never have used any additive on my engine though.
Well, there are a few other gb cured stories that I have heard off also regarding using lubegard additive for atf, but still prevention is better then cure, therefore add in and use and not only when trouble arises....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone using this engine? Need some feedback here. I rarely see people using this engine, why? high maintenance? :smile:

- How much does this halfcut cost?
- Total BHP?
- Plug and Play on proton chasis?
- Pros and Cons

Uhh, Thanks. :rock:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience