Newbie Reporting In! :)

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
Dear Sifu's & Maestro Seniors of the ZTH MR2/MRS Club,

I am very happy that i've finally owned a year 2000 green stock MRS last week... Basically im a total newbie in this midship thingy and i'll hope the sifu's and seniors would indulge me with their extensive knowledge on the art of MR2/MRS :).

Im located nearby Shah Alam or Subang so if there's any club gathering or events around Klang Valley i would happily join up! :)

Salam & Regards,

ashcool

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Hi welcome on board. I own an MR2, just got it recently, join the TT session, you can tap on the knowledge from the sifu's there....make sure you get them some drinks and food, they will be tired downlaoding information to you:rofl:.. Just kidding. Btw I'm from Shah Alam

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
Cool~! Thanks for the info guys :burnout: hope to meet you guys at the TT session. I use the Aman Suria road quite often, usually when going to Kota D'sara...

spux

Jan 29, 2008
Hi Ashcool,

I just took delivery of my mr-s as well. Did u just get urs? i was wondering whether ur mrs is da green one dat recently up for sale with a hard cover... I almost got that car.

Anyhow, hope to meet da mrs guys soon :)

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
Spot on, Spux, that's the one... Green-Hard Top- Stock MR-S... I missed the last TT... hope this week can make it! Saw 1 yellow soft top MR-s with black decals in Damansara Perdana last sunday... is the owner in da club?

Ashburton

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Aiyohhh y your nick almost same like mine ? haha lucky i MR2 and not MRS...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
hi ashcool, hi spux

welcome zzw30 (mr-s) owners. maybe you guys can intro yourself/mr-s. in brief

yourself;
car/year:
color:
kit (if any)
current mods (if you choose to add here or silent)

planned mod stuffs:

spux

Jan 29, 2008
Hey ashcool,
i wanted that green car quite badly, but the owner refuse to budge on price. so too bad, got another unit. did da owner tell u, he recently changed the smt, purportedly cost him 13k....

By the way, mine is a yellow one with black decals also. and i frequent DP, so dunno whether uve seen mine.

spux

Jan 29, 2008
Hi Koolspyda

yourself: Name's Bo, but da car is my gf's and she's Irene
car/year: 2000
color: Yellow
kit (if any): black decals, but i removed it yesterday... thank goodness
current mods (if you choose to add here or silent)

planned mod stuffs: Plan to get a hard top, repaint da car in red, turbo bolt on kit (140hp really kenot la) and also wider wheels for the rear for traction. Spun da car 180 on the 2nd day after taking delivery of the car in genting sempah touge...

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
my opinion would be opt for better suskit. (if yours is still stock struts) & antiroll bars/ braces.
topic has been discussed at length before from the links i pmed.

sure the 140hp seems gutless, but did you know lotus S1 is only <110hp? & they are bloody fast in twisties. point is there are obvious dept to look into. i ran perfectly well in 1zz (autoX) & completed for honours before until i felt i probably reach plateau with the spyder (mods & driving fun)

turbo is fine (glaringly the easiest dept but not neccessarily the solution) well it depends also on which area of ideal fun one is looking for.

yes, we have a boosted mr-s who basically couldnt climb as fast as 1zz mr-s. point is the car has attributes & disadvantages, know which to look for & squeeze the thrill of the drive.

Last edited:

KungFuMan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2008
Guys! I'm just an outsider mau tumpang tanya sikit. The MRS Hard-Top one is convertible or not? Is it like Supra Taga top if can open one?

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
ashburton,

maybe after this they call us swash and zwash... hahaha
:burnout:

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
spux,

i didnt know the previous owner changed the SMT, since i bought it at a used car dealer around OUG... since the mileage was quite low and the price was reasonable... I traded in with my Satria :) ... maybe i did saw you last weekend at DP... i was going downhill (towards LDP) and saw ur car going uphill :)

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
Koolspyda & other sifu's,

Im sorry for the late intro

yourself; The name is ashraf, staying in shah alam and working as a banker in Jalan Ampang
car/year: 2000
color: Green
kit: Hard-Top (same color as body)
current mods 100% stock

planned mod stuffs: well, since im a newbie, would like to start slow, im using the 15" stock rims right now but still while going in corners the car is a bit shaky(dunno how to describe, sorry). Planning to go for bigger performance rims, some street suskit, an exhaust might be cool to release some power, but i kinda like the current engine sound. Sorry sifu's, im a total newbie :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was using 4G61T, due to recently my engine "tepek" always kacau n i think the hidurlic was damn, but my friend tell me that if i using disel lubricant i can slove the problem, is it work??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience