4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How does this relate to the Myvi 2016?

*grabs popcorn*

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Thank you ixeo and mag9556 for replying.

Ixeo words may be short but it has very very deep meanings. :adore: Actually I find difficulty in trying to actually grasp its hidden message accurately.

Mag9556, no I am not mad at Myvi at all! :rofl:

Funny thing is this, I have been asking many car manufacturers (ixeo, this has now gone beyond Myvi) and every lead seems to lead me to it's an regulation or directive or something to with Jalan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ).

So like any dumb fellow, I went to JPJ hoping to dig up anything I can find. Absolutely nothing! So feeling rather depressed and was driving around until I was happy to drive up to a road block! I couldn't have felt any happier seeing a road block for the 1st time in my life.

Parked the car and walk straight up to the big gun with so many stars on his shoulders that it almost blinded me in the sun and this is what he had to say to me about airbags when I asked him about it, "Do you really think airbags can save lives?"

Now that he is really talking, I moved it up a notch trying to find is there such a law or regulation from JPJ that all car manufacturers have to install airbags into their cars? I couldn't believe what I heard when he said, "It is not a KEWAJIPAN for them to do so!"

Then I said, "Datuk, then why is everyone claiming that it is a regulation or directive or law or something that has to do with JPJ?" Datuk said, "Somebody is not telling you the truth!" I ended with "Thank you so much, Datuk I really needed to hear that!"

I know all these are just verbally expressed between a high ranking government official and myself and it means nothing at the moment. So the chase begins again ...

~ The above happened today afternoon! ~

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some excerpts of my communication with a Sales Advisor

Stupido Me: Please tell me exactly how does your airbag work and its mechanism inside?
Sales Advisor: Our airbags not like Honda supplier, so don't have to worry.

Stupido Me: So who is your manufacturer for your airbags?
Sales Advisor: Our airbags is not from Takata, so don't have to worry.

Stupido Me: Please let me know how exactly does your airbags work?
Sales Advisor: You don't have to worry, our airbags supplier is not like Honda's supplier!

Now I am thinking to myself after 3 different questions but given 3 identical replies, either I am dealing with a robot or a deaf person. Here you are trying sell me a over 100 grand car and this is the best you can come up with.

Maybe I thought I have communication issues or my command of English is so bad that others cannot possibly understand what the hell was I saying. So I decided to use the internet instead. This is even more interesting.

After sending my concerns about airbag to a car manufacturer, I really never expected a reply. It DID COME, not bad I thought but the answer given was a dud.

Here is what is surprising, I tried to write to them again a 2ND TIME and this time the SEND function button WOULDN'T WORK! It's as if, my ISP address had been marked and nothing could be sent anymore. I tried a couple of times later and that too didn't work.

Feeling rather shitty, after a couple of days have passed. I decided to give them a call DIRECTLY instead to see what the hell is happening. You will never believe this.

The conversation started very politely and friendly what a great customer service gal I got or so I thought, but as soon as I brought the issue about airbags and the entire scenario changed! Then the gal enquired about my ID number and the moment she verified it, she was such in a hurry to end the conversation! I wondered why and will always keep wondering why!

I know some of you maybe wondering WTF wrong with this idiot about airbags. Then may I suggest to whom who may have thought likewise, trying doing the same thing that I did and try figuring out why are you being treated that way.

"Air tenang jangan sangka tiada buaya" or maybe it should be "Ada udang di sebalik batu!", ohh my BM, if only my teacher was cun like Erra Fazira, surely I would have paid more attention in class! :banghead:

To the repectable ZTH Moderators, if you could change the title of the thread to SRS Airbags, I would be ever grateful. I tried to look for a way but cannot seem to find it. I think its appropriate since like what ixeo wrote what has it to do with Myvi 2016. Thank you so much once again and I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Last edited:

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Here is an article by Khairil Anwar Abu Kassim, Secretary-General of Asean NCAP, which I promised earlier and took awhile to find. Sure will come handy someday.

REDEFINING CONSUMER ROLES IN BUYING SAFER CARS

Global passenger car production in 2014 recorded 67.5 million units and 33% of these vehicles would fail United Nation (UN) crash test standards. Global New Car Assessment Programme (Global NCAP) has released the first results of the Safer Cards for India project in Janary 2014, where all but one of the five models FAILED the regulation test and scored zero star for NCAP evaluation.

Contrary in Malaysia, car safety level has been elevated through regulations and consumer based approach i.e. NCAP. The New Car Assessment Programme for Southeast Asean countries or Asean NCAP, is an automobile safety rating programme jointly established by the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS) and Global NCAP upon a collaborative MoU signed by both parties during the FIA Annual General Assembly in New Delhi, India on Dec 7, 2011. The focus of the programme is to encourage consumer demands for safer cars; for more positive outcomes to prevail road casualties in the Asean region.

To date, Asean NCAP has published more than 70 ratings and will be increasing to 100 ratings by year end. There is no doubt that Asean NCAP has become a major stimulant for passenger car safety in the region. Nevertheless, a successful intervention depends on changes towards better perspective, hence accurate implementation strategy is vital to encourage more consumers to buy safer cars.

Car manufacturers, in parallel has been working closely with the government and related organizations to offer safer cars than before. Currently, new cars introduced by major manufacturers will not be adequate without 5-star Asean NCAP rating. Some do not declare the 4-star rating their cars get as it might be ridiculed by their competitors. As such, manufacturers are voluntarily offering more safety equipment i.e. blind spot indicator, autonomous emergency braking (AEB) although it is not a requirement to obtain 5-star rating. In a nutshell, this happens because car manufacturers believe that safety can sell.

Looking through local manufacturers perspective, Proton & Perodua have produced mixed results of 5 & 4 stars. Proton Iriz is the most affordable 5-star car in Malaysia, while the most affordable car, the Perodua Axia, is 4-star. Hence, it should be noted that Asean NCAP objective has been right on track so far.

As we all know consumers play a major role in the survival and growth of a business. Consumers have many choices of cars but they must be encouraged to buy safer cars. There are many factors contributing to consumers puchasing decisions of specific cars. Among those are price, brand, safety aspects, fuel economy, maintenance, reliability and even research has been done that shows consumer needs for safer cars is promising in Malaysia.

A decade ago, even to own a car with driver airbag will sound expensive. Most manufacturers do not market safety as one of their unique selling points. According to a study, the market did not promote vehicle safety design changes primarily because the manufacturer's did not believe such changes to be profitable for them, and because the general public has not shown sufficient interest in safety features to make it profitable for manufacturers to attempt to satisfy the demands. But, those days have passed and we believe it will never happen in our country again.

Therefore, to ensure the sustainability of safer cars in the country, the consumer roles need to be enhanced. More consumer demands on safer cars will result in more affordable safe cars in the future.

Nevertheless, it is pertinent for consumers to understand the level of safety for the car they intend to buy. The safety information must be made available and consumers need to be properly informed to make their choice within their available budget, while also encouraging car manufacturers to produce safer cars to increase sales. Safe cars are not an option, it should be compulsory.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As from the tittle. i am appealing for the members of ZTH to help me locate a car: -

Make: Proton Waja
C.c: 1.6 Auto
Year: 2004
Color: Gray
No Plate: WLS 980

An incident occured as I was selling the car to EOA Sunway Kontena that side. It seems the manager then, con EOA by taking in the customers car and selling them for cash and ran away. Sadly, EOA isn't doing anything much except for blank verbal promises. until i sent them a lawyers letter and they gave the excuse that their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience