My 4th Project-Porsche 993 GT2

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Hello...I am showing a sneak preview of my 4th model. Guess it....I have been working on it after i finished my GTR32. I give all my commitment to this build, however i always try to build my model with the lowest budget as possible at the same time make sure that it is nice. Hope u all will like it....ladies and gentlemen, here i present my build....

Here is the pictures of body, 90% finish already...sorry again for the bad quality pictures as i not afford to get a new camera..hehe..

Comments are welcomes..

Finally i able to achieve some watery effect but too bad the camera doesn't show it

Actually i wanna do so kinda clean weekend track car rather than complicated race track car..

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
nice model there. What kit is that? I'm kinda interested seeing the pic of the car on the model box...

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
ok...i will post the pictures of the kit box by tomolo...

Here is the wing that i have apply with crazy modeler high definition CF....its was very hard for me to apply nicely..i have done that five time and wasting some cf every time..but nonetheless i m very happy with the result and effort that i give in...

actually i have sand and polish the wing for numerous times..and it was really shine but i still cant captured the shine using current old camera...sorry..

Bump: Here some update for tonight...i have done the dashboard...

At first i paint the dash board following the instruction...matt black...but then when i saw the 5 rings on the dashboard...i got some idea to make it better... so i use a silver sharpie pen to paint the edge of the ring to make it more interesting...

I mange to finish all the rings....

Here is the final result..hope u like it..i am quite satisfied with the result...

Comments please...

Last edited:

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
no prob bro. Maybe if you back up ur camera a bit, then snap the pic would be better?

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Here some update today which i able to finish the bucket seat and take a better pictures of both the dashboard (clearcoated) and the seat (clearcoated as well)...hope you like it...and please don's forget to give comments...it help me to build better...thanks....

Bucketseat..this is the first time i apply the kevlar decal...i m quite happy with the result...

Dashboard...

Comments required...please

some update again today...i have manage to finish the steering...at first i drill the hole on the spoke of the steering to make it look more realistic and paint it in matte black...

Then i mask the steering and paint it in chrome silver color...lastly i try to detail up the steering to make it look real and better by painting the screw black and add yellow marking on the middle of the steering's upper side to replicate yellow marking on some steering...

result...

Here is the picture of steering that i used for reference....

Finally i manage to finish the whole dashboard and took a picture of it...

Comments Please !!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Very very nice and neat....hope I can do like u...:rolleyes:

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
I have finish the rollcage today....painted as i said...comments please...really thanks for all the suggestion given....

Here i try to take the almost complete interior pictures hope you all like it...

Hello..some update again..here is the almost complete rear view mirror..just put the mirror together and clear coat then its done...i got some idea suddenly....so i make the rear view mirror retractable...i use pin as the metal rod and drill some holes on the mirror and body...hope you all like it....comments are always welcome....

First i drill hole on the body where the mirror was to attach...

Then i drill hole in the mirror and put in one metal rod into it...

Finally here is the result...

With retract mirror....

Last edited:

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Hello...again some updates....i have manage to finish the main chasis (dunno what to call this thing)....to finsh this thing it was quite difficult.....the first attempt fail and i dip it in brake fluid...then i do for second time and success...i am satisfied with the outcome....so happy that i manage to finish it....

first i spray the interior or upside of the chasis yellow to suit with the car body color...then i mask the upper side and spray matte black on the chasis side...lastly i mask again to shot the engine with some chrome color...

After that very carefully i tear off all the masking tape as i don't want any paint peel off...then i clean and tidy up the whole thing...

Here is the final result of the done chasis and interior...

This is the used masking tape..i try to sort out some of them which is still useable..because the masking tape is kinda expensive here...hehe..also try do some recycle course practical......

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I like your idea of recycyling masking tapes. They are expensive, and recycling them is one of the little way saving Mother Earth.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu,

I had used a machine to polished my black car, but end up when under the sun i saw alot of swirl and it disaster. anything can help to restore back in lower budget type instead of sending to detailing shop
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience